Driving licence renewal how many Months/Years

How many Months/Years after your driving licence expires can it be renewed, the wifes licence expired in January and we have no plans to go back to Thailand this year, and possibly next depending on what happens with the pandemic.

I only have about 1 year left on mine as well and expect that will expire before we get back I know we could use international permits but its just easier with a Thai one

Well it's a year but if yourselves already have a Thai DL out of date the DLT I believe will start you off again with 2 year Thai DL, then again maybe because of C19 chaos, when you eventually get back into Thailand you will just have to wait and find out is my guess.  

Great info guys thanks very much both our licenses will have expired so it looks like the theory test for the missus and hopefully I can just use an international mostly she will be driving certainly around the city's  (they scare the life of me) ????

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/4/2020 at 4:13 PM, wobblyjohn said:

Great info guys thanks very much both our licenses will have expired so it looks like the theory test for the missus and hopefully I can just use an international mostly she will be driving certainly around the city's  (they scare the life of me) ????

A little late I know, but 1 year with no test.

3 years with theory test over 3 theory and practical test.

150027EC-E6F9-453D-B2D2-65786D2BDCEB.jpeg