Need to get mobile phone repaired urgently

tygerstar

Hi.  The power button of my Samsung phone just broke and now I can't turn it on.

Any idea where I can get the phone repaired or at least get it turned on again with the current closures?

Would really appreciate your help as I need my phone to activate stuff, send and receive messages, etc. This is a real emergency.

Thank you.

Most local phone shops that also do repairs should be able to fix it. Just need to find one that's open. They may even have the part already in stock. Otherwise they'll need to have the item posted to them to complete the repair. 

5 minutes ago, RichCor said:

Most local phone shops that also do repairs should be able to fix it. Just need to find one that's open. They may even have the part already in stock. Otherwise they'll need to have the item posted to them to complete the repair. 

Thanks for your prompt reply. Any suggestions of shops that might be open in Chiang Mai?

Edited by tygerstar

Sorry. I'm in Chiang Rai at the moment. Someone else might chime in listing their favorite, but you'll still need to find one that's actually open. Normally I'd say to ask the locals (Thai) but the current measures are making that difficult.

2 minutes ago, RichCor said:

How is the button broken. On most phones it's just a sliver of plastic or metal that 'presses' a micro-switch or bubble-switch on the circuit board.

That sliver of plastic and metal broke off. I can see the bubble/micro switch so if I can get that switch turned on even without a replacement power button, that would be great. 

we use a very good small repair shop near Toyota Rich on the left on Superhighway just before Maya.

Turn immediately left after Rich into Taewan Road and head down to the end. On your right you will see AIS signage. This is the place. I think its thai name traslates as something like tiger jungle-not sure. Also not sure of covid opening hours but this is their phone:089 555 5001. zoom in on Google Maps and you will see a cell phone repair shop marked.

Best of luck. You dont want to be without a phone just now

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, beau thai said:

we use a very good small repair shop near Toyota Rich on the left on Superhighway just before Maya.

Turn immediately left after Rich into Taewan Road and head down to the end. On your right you will see AIS signage. This is the place. I think its thai name traslates as something like tiger jungle-not sure. Also not sure of covid opening hours but this is their phone:089 555 5001. zoom in on Google Maps and you will see a cell phone repair shop marked.

Best of luck. You dont want to be without a phone just now

Thanks for your suggestion. I will check it out tomorrow. If anyone has got any other suggestions, please let me know. I'm in the Old City.