Are you really ready for two years of this?

Jingthing

9 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

It is not rubbish.  They have tested only a very tiny tiny fraction of the world's population.  The so called mortality rates are ridiculously calculated as they only compare those deaths against the known/confirmed cases.  Millions more people no doubt had or have the virus but are not tested.  The actual mortality rate due exactly to the corona virus is a fraction of the values floating around and being stated. 

Exactly, which is why the incompetent Dr Fauci himself recently said that the lethality was similar to that of a bad flu.

Yet this clown want a lock down until there is zero case!

22 minutes ago, UbonThani said:

Italy said 97% deaths linked to underlying issues.

So if 10,000 died 9,700 would have died anyway.

So if 1m die worldwide that is 970,000 people who would have died anyway.

So 30,000 real deaths.

Compares to road toll 1.25m.

It seems like economic madness over a minor killer.

I do have engineering and math degrees.  One of the golden quotes from statistics is:  "correlation does not prove causation".  Many things look associated but really are not.  And in more common language,  "Figures don't lie, but liars figure". 

I am in New Jersey about 10 miles or so from New York City and I can see the skyline from my hotel.  Luckily I am able to go to work since I am in the defense industry and we are "essential".   Much of the company is trying to have people work from home, but my work is in the lab and on classified things, so I get to keep making money.  A bit boring with so much closed.  Can't even make it over to the Thai Temple in Queens, Elmhurst in the city.  Kind of probably good that I did not go just before the shutdown because that block got hit hard and is almost the epicenter, that nursing home, the hospital, etc.

I came up here from Florida in January.  Man I would be going stir crazy hanging around the house at home.  we have a pool in the backyard so as Florida weather heats up at least that would be a good diversion.

4 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

I do have engineering and math degrees.  One of the golden quotes from statistics is:  "correlation does not prove causation".  Many things look associated but really are not.  And in more common language,  "Figures don't lie, but liars figure". 

I am in New Jersey about 10 miles or so from New York City and I can see the skyline from my hotel.  Luckily I am able to go to work since I am in the defense industry and we are "essential".   Much of the company is trying to have people work from home, but my work is in the lab and on classified things, so I get to keep making money.  A bit boring with so much closed.  Can't even make it over to the Thai Temple in Queens, Elmhurst in the city.  Kind of probably good that I did not go just before the shutdown because that block got hit hard and is almost the epicenter, that nursing home, the hospital, etc.

I came up here from Florida in January.  Man I would be going stir crazy hanging around the house at home.  we have a pool in the backyard so as Florida weather heats up at least that would be a good diversion.

Are you Tom Hanks ?

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

So, come here on a plane, go thru the airport, sneeze, cough, touch things, get in a taxi, go to a hotel, etc, etc. then quarantine.

There are other ways to do this.  Yes arrive in a plane, then staff will make sure you wear a mask and gloves and you are not allowed to touch anything with your hands .  A car will take you to the quarantine hotel.  And guards will make sure you will stay inside the room for 14 days.  

They did this in China with westerners, so could also work in Thailand. 

• Like 1

It seems like the main issue worldwide is not deaths but spare oxygen machines and beds.

Why dont these silly pollies focus on that instead of lockdowns?

They should have called in the army to set things up and forced companies to make more machines.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, rumak said:

Man,  it is amazing how quickly big brother could just turn a switch........... and BAM  ..........

all semblance of personal freedom is shut down.

Not amazing to me is how easily the majority of the populace will follow what the "experts"

tell them to do.   Funny that the other health lifestyles that experts warn against,  like smoking, eating junk food diets,  the need to stay fit, are not heeded.  

What is really going on here ???

Yes it's odd.

On 4/3/2020 at 7:48 PM, baansgr said:

Still people comparing this to seasonal flu and saying more die on the roads...its these idiots that go out mingling like nothing is happening that have made a bad situation worse. A real estate agent in Pattaya is in hospital with all her family, check her FB, was in the Land office, with customers a week ago. A restaurant doing take away in Bang Saray is doing selfies of herself with the customers, no distancing and no need for taking pictures...absolute idiots that are gonna spread this virus through stupidity.

FB_IMG_1585957892350.jpg

FB_IMG_1585957866426.jpg

Facts speak for themselves.

There are 8 billion people in the world. Do the math.

How many have died in Thailand of CV to date?

How many people got killed in Thailand car accidents?

Yes as many people that die every year in Thailand accidents, never a fear that people will stop driving or traveling.

Facts are facts. 

This is not the black plague, it is a virus and on the scope of 8 billion people, very, very immature to buy into the panic.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, chicowoodduck said:

Two Years! <deleted>, I cannot even make it for another two days.....????????

Pretty much going stir crazy and cabin fever all rolled into one....I am ready for a break out sooner than later.....????????????????????????????

At this rate this forum topic will be 16,790 pages long in 2 years - a new record!

Edited by Skallywag

23 hours ago, Henryford said:

I am assuming that Pattaya/Thailand will be pretty much wiped out for 2020. I doubt they will get a vaccine any time soon either. They haven't for the cold/flu/HIV virus in 100 years. Eventually they will have to raise the lockdown and accept the impact of further infections. The longer they leave it the more people will suffer.

No flu vaccine?

I have been having the flu vaccine each year for the nine years I have been living in Thailand and for many years before that when I lived in Australia.

I agree that it hasn’t been around for 100 years but then neither have I.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, StevieAus said:

No flu vaccine?

I have been having the flu vaccine each year for the nine years I have been living in Thailand and for many years before that when I lived in Australia.

Flu vaccine? Millions get flu every year and 500,000 die (far more than CV). Hardly a "cure" i think.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, balo said:

There are other ways to do this.  Yes arrive in a plane, then staff will make sure you wear a mask and gloves and you are not allowed to touch anything with your hands .  A car will take you to the quarantine hotel.  And guards will make sure you will stay inside the room for 14 days.  

They did this in China with westerners, so could also work in Thailand. 

It’s happening in Australia as well but only with citizens or those with permanent residency as they are the only ones allowed to enter the country. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Flu vaccine? Millions get flu every year and 500,000 die (far more than CV). Hardly a "cure" i think.

I didn’t say it was a cure you said there was no vaccine for flu and you are incorrect.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, soalbundy said:

Yes it's OK, nothing much has changed in the village in Isan, one see's a lot of face masks but that is all. No gloom and doom here.

we're only in phase ...... uh ,  which phase is it today ?   I'm losing tract.   or is it traction?

slip slip sliding awayyyyyyyy

village here in Lamphun still doing ok.  but kinda strange seeing all these self reliant folks

acting so compliant .   no doom and gloom,  but here and on TV  Rumak must contain the "humor".       hmmmm

1 hour ago, mauGR1 said:

The answer is blowing in the wind, but we don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.

ahhh,  wonder what bobby has to say about all this ?    maybe like us other oldies, 

he just can't write new songs

18 minutes ago, StevieAus said:

No flu vaccine?

Been researching Andrew Kaufman and David Icke. Both say the COVID-19 is a myth. Interesting stuff!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, UbonThani said:

99% are sick or old. The flu just tops them off.

Do you not know this? Gee

Yes i knew it, same as i know CV tops off mostly old people. But we accept the flu deaths but are going through this madness for the same result from CV.

Edited by Henryford
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Yes i knew it, same as i know CV tops off mostly old people. But we accept the flu deaths but are going through this madness for the same result from CV.

I agree, it is madness

My solution

Get the army busy. Normally bludgers.

Let others get on with life.

56 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

At this rate this forum topic will be 16,790 pages long in 2 years - a new record!

actually there might be that many threads on the topic as Yinn opens up a new one every

time she wants to say something.   I guess she figures she has executive privilege ?

and let's not forget to ask " do you have a plan if all the baht busses on 2nd road stop running?  "

Edited by rumak
  • Haha 1