BANGKOK
Jingthing

Are you really ready for two years of this?

1 minute ago, VBF said:

But you missed my point..... if the 85 year old became a super carrier, and infected one of these healthy people, than THEY in turn might not suffer but THEIR contacts could.

Dont shake their hand. Its pretty simple.

Just now, UbonThani said:

Dont shake their hand. Its pretty simple.

Ridiculous! Are you not paying attention? Why do you think we're asked to keep 2 metres apart if not shaking hands is all it takes.

If only!!!!!!

Wired... that trusted news source. 

13 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I think the world I'm looking for is civilization. 

Where are you going to find that? the problem is World Wide  Your civilisation  Isn't

going to Help you , you get it and you may Die ,Simple as that.

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:
7 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

All we’re being asked to do is stay at home and watch more telly !!!!!

Not so. Many marriages and partnerships will end because of people cooped up together, and much domestic violence will happen ( it's already happening in NZ and it's only been a week- I hate to think how bad it will be after a month ).

I can’t believe this is an argument being used against social distancing and isolation measures. 

Perhaps those partnerships are doomed for failure anyway. Really, people can’t stay together for week and isolation is the blame and not peoples poor choices in life partner?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

All we’re being asked to do is stay at home and watch more telly !!!!! Yes there is a financial burden the cost some will not be able to meet and thus suffer, but others are dying.

The problem is not so much to stay at home, but to lose one's job in the process.

For everyone one extra percent of unemployment, 40,000 people die (in the US only, from "The Big Short").

So, make the count when unemployment is going to reach 20%, as predicted by many.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, VBF said:

Ridiculous! Are you not paying attention? Why do you think we're asked to keep 2 metres apart if not shaking hands is all it takes.

If only!!!!!!

So how do u get corona from playing tennis?

You stand 10m to 20m away 5555

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

why should their place in a hospital bed (if they were to ever need it) be taken by someone selfish enough to unnecessarily risk themselves?

Essential workers would be given priority in such a case, might even get people who didn’t wish to self isolate to sign a waiver.

Just now, CygnusX1 said:

Essential workers would be given priority in such a case, might even get people who didn’t wish to self isolate to sign a waiver.

I'd sign that in a heartbeat.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, UbonThani said:

So how do u get corona from playing tennis?

You stand 10m to 20m away 5555

And NEVER, EVER get any closer during the game or in the clubhouse?

What about breathing under exertion.

I do think you're clutching at straws - hopefully the 5555 meant you were jesting? 

Edited by VBF

19 minutes ago, utalkin2me said:
3 hours ago, drbeach said:

67 sqm is a coffin as far as I'm concerned. Far too small to be comfortable.

Sucks for you. 

Consider it a lot more comfortable than a respirator. Which thousands will have to ensure because thousands more were too selfish to follow the advise of experts world wide. And because governments delayed too long in following this expert advice.

30 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Are you really ready for two years of this?

Well Jingthing, can you name a country which is and will be totally free of the virus and the isolation etc., for the next 2 years?

And would you want, right now and into the near future live in a country that wasn't doing any social distancing and/or keeping people stationary / at home?

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I can’t believe this is an argument being used against social distancing and isolation measures. 

Perhaps those partnerships are doomed for failure anyway. Really, people can’t stay together for week and isolation is the blame and not peoples poor choices in life partner?

The lawyers are going to be really busy.

• Haha 1

It is going to take time and my thoughts probably this entire year to get back on a track. Just better pray that those retirement checks don't get interrupted or there will be more problems than just the virus for the expats who are doing the monthly thing.