BANGKOK
Jingthing

Are you really ready for two years of this?

1 minute ago, VBF said:

And NEVER, EVER get any closer during the game or in the clubhouse?

When we discussed the closure of the courts, we were all happy to concede that the clubhouse should be locked.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VBF said:

What about breathing under exertion.

I do think you're clutching at straws. 

It seems like you arent thinking about this. It's easy to open courts with a clubhouse.

Obviously you never played tennis.

Just now, VBF said:
2 minutes ago, UbonThani said:

So how do u get corona from playing tennis?

You stand 10m to 20m away 5555

What about breathing under exertion.

I do think you're clutching at straws. 

People can’t see how selfish they are things...  How can you catch Covid-19 from playing tennis, you can’t. 

You catch it when every other genius in the area has the same idea... “Hey, we’re off work, lets go play tennis” or “Lets go to the beach”, “lets go to the open mountainside”... the idea doesn’t seem so dumb until we realise everyone else has the same idea....  Thats why all public areas are being closed, gyms, sports clubs, beaches etc.. thats why we all have to isolate, because we can’t all go to the same area if we want thinking we’re the only genius who had the idea.

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It doesn't matter how long they lock us up if it just starts again when they let us out, and without a vaccine it WILL.

IMO just get on with it and let the chips fall. Society survived the Spanish flue, polio, two world wars, a depression and it will survive a lot of unhealthy people dying ( myself among them ), but it won't survive this lockdown if it goes on too long, IMO.

And THAT is part of  the quandary! 

9 minutes ago, CygnusX1 said:

Can leave flat for only 16 reasons- mainly including shopping for food, attending medical appointment, limited exercise.

Good.

Just now, richard_smith237 said:

People can’t see how selfish they are things...  How can you catch Covid-19 from playing tennis, you can’t. 

You catch it when every other genius in the area has the same idea... “Hey, we’re off work, lets go play tennis” or “Lets go to the beach”, “lets go to the open mountainside”... the idea doesn’t seem so dumb until we realise everyone else has the same idea....  Thats why all public areas are being closed, gyms, sports clubs, beaches etc.. thats why we all have to isolate, because we can’t all go to the same area if we want thinking we’re the only genius who had the idea.

Therein lies the rub 

Just now, richard_smith237 said:

Not true. Saw hundreds of walkers the other day. People cant sit at home.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, scorecard said:

And would you want, right now and into the near future live in a country that wasn't doing any social distancing and/or keeping people stationary / at home?

There's a difference between social distancing and keeping people at home. What do you think they did during the Spanish flue?

Just now, UbonThani said:

Not true. Saw hundreds of walkers the other day. People cant sit at home.

Apparently loads of people ignoring government lockdown in NZ, including the minister of Health.

Just now, VBF said:

Therein lies the rub 

Think. Adults use their brain to choose. Just like drinking or smoking or eating.

Adults can asses the risk of flying or scuba or sky diving or tennis.

Its not rocket science.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, david555 said:

Do you really think Thailand ...and more this Thai Gov. Can afford this for themselves for 2 years ...

I am sure not as they even could not enforce a big group returning Thailand to go in organised 14 day quarantine just now posted on TV.....under the naming rebellion at Suvharnaboumi

I am quite sure that "the T*** government" has sufficient funds to see themselves through for many may years.........no matter what happens.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Apparently loads of people ignoring government lockdown in NZ, including the minister of Health.

Good for them. Not everyone is being conned into being sheep.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Soooooo, one locks down when at home with family, but one person goes to supermarket and catches it there, comes back to house and whole family catches it.

SO, WHAT WAS THE POINT OF BEING IN LOCKDOWN IN THE FIRST PLACE?????????????????

• Haha 1

I’m not arguing against all of the restrictions, just the more unreasonable ones. For instance, I’m strictly forbidden (6 months jail) to go for a drive - get in my car, drive for an hour, and only leave the car when I get home. Can anyone explain the mechanism by which I could transmit the virus while ensconced in my car? Teleportation? Uri Geller style paranormal phenomenon?

• Haha 2