Are you really ready for two years of this?

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

Soooooo, one locks down when at home with family, but one person goes to supermarket and catches it there, comes back to house and whole family catches it.

SO, WHAT WAS THE POINT OF BEING IN LOCKDOWN IN THE FIRST PLACE?????????????????

Supermarket higher risk than tennis courts!!!!lets ban tennis 555 silly stuff.

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They  should  just  accept  the death rate and  carry  on,  instead  they'll  lose  more through the economic  crash.

I know I'm not.   https://www.wired.co.uk/article/uk-coronavirus-lockdown-long-term-plan     I think it's obvious by now that the hopes and promises of this virus situati

Well I'm with Jingthing on this. It's likely going to be 2 years just to get the first wave of infections worked through globally and that's assuming that places like Russia and N Korea divulge what's

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Soooooo, one locks down when at home with family, but one person goes to supermarket and catches it there, comes back to house and whole family catches it.

Good one!!! The probability of 1 person catching it in 1 supermarket are less than 5 people from the same family going to 5 different places and mixing with 5 different groups of people.

Simple math really 🙂

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, UbonThani said:

It's exercise so not silly. I had a younger than I friend that died because he didn't get enough physical exercise ( he wasn't obese ).

I used to go out to a farm and do a lot of physical work, like shovelling dirt, but now the most I do is walk to the supermarket.

1 minute ago, IvorLott said:

What is the point of this speculative post but to produce more speculation and misinformation in these uncertain times? 

If you think it's ok to follow sheepishly the official narrative, rather than discuss it, then go for it .

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, UbonThani said:

Think. Adults use their brain to choose. Just like drinking or smoking or eating.

Adults can asses the risk of flying or scuba or sky diving or tennis.

Its not rocket science.

I repeat what I said earlier. If I CHOOSE to Scuba dive (I have) or smoke, or eat badly it's MY CHOICE.

Catching a virus is NOT my choice  -I cannot fathom why you cannot see the difference.

• Like 1
Just now, mauGR1 said:
3 minutes ago, IvorLott said:

What is the point of this speculative post but to produce more speculation and misinformation in these uncertain times? 

If you think it's ok to follow sheepishly the official narrative, rather than discuss it, then go for it .

Agreed. The very nature of forum is to discussion things, its interesting to see how peoples opinions differ. If someone wishes not to discuss or not to read speculation and various opinions from various sources of information (or misinformation) then I’d ask what they are doing here in the first place - go read the news. 

It's also interesting to see how so resistant to anything official some people are they’ll resist anything official now matter how sensible. 

The threads on this subject have been particularly interesting when they highlight just how selfish some people are, how careless of others they are and in a number of cases how galactically ignorant and stupid some people are.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

This is the problem. Everyone is thinking about themselves and forgetting they are not the only people in the world.

You can’t transmit the virus from inside your car. But, what if everyone else wants to go for a ride in their car, why should you be allowed to and them not? then who has to fill up with petrol, who may decide they are tried and need to stop off for a coffee, go to the public restroom, block up the roads for essential services (were at a time of pandemic). 

Many of the measures and bans in place don’t make sense on the individual level, but make a lot of level when you have 10’s and even 100’s of thousands of selfish people continuing to demand their freedoms. And for what? what cost? 

Agree!  And another point is that IF you have an accident or the car breaks down, in the normal course of events it's probably a minor inconvenience.

Currently, you may take an ambulance or police away from something more important, or, in the case of breaking down, a recovery person may have to be exposed to you, in case you are a carrier.,

13 minutes ago, UbonThani said:
14 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Because tennis is a necessity right, it feeds the family, it is essential... Yes, silly stuff indeed.

3 minutes ago, VBF said:

Catching a virus is NOT my choice  -I cannot fathom why you cannot see the difference.

But you do have a choice, you have the option of total self isolation if you wish.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

This is the problem. Everyone is thinking about themselves and forgetting they are not the only people in the world.

You can’t transmit the virus from inside your car. But, what if everyone else wants to go for a ride in their car, why should you be allowed to and them not? then who has to fill up with petrol, who may decide they are tried and need to stop off for a coffee, go to the public restroom, block up the roads for essential services (were at a time of pandemic). 

Many of the measures and bans in place don’t make sense on the individual level, but make a lot of level when you have 10’s and even 100’s of thousands of selfish people continuing to demand their freedoms. And for what? what cost? 

So, why can't people that work alone not do their job? Why can't a man cut the grass on a golf course green when he'll be all alone? Without being cut the greens will be ruined. Many similar jobs that involve no risk to others.

BTW, in NZ public restrooms are closed, so truck drivers have to poo on the side of the road- that's a health risk. No coffee shops open, have to fill car yourself and give money through the night window- shop closed.

• Like 1