Are you really ready for two years of this?

1 minute ago, VBF said:

And another point is that IF you have an accident or the car breaks down,

You’re talking about an extremely small probability, and the roads I drive on always have little traffic.

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They  should  just  accept  the death rate and  carry  on,  instead  they'll  lose  more through the economic  crash.

I know I'm not.   https://www.wired.co.uk/article/uk-coronavirus-lockdown-long-term-plan     I think it's obvious by now that the hopes and promises of this virus situati

Well I'm with Jingthing on this. It's likely going to be 2 years just to get the first wave of infections worked through globally and that's assuming that places like Russia and N Korea divulge what's

Posted Images

Just now, CygnusX1 said:

You’re talking about an extremely small probability, and the roads I drive on always have little traffic.

So it's all about you is it?

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

It's also interesting to see how so resistant to anything official some people are they’ll resist anything official now matter how sensible. 

Well, i agree with you in general, but right now, there is apparently a fierce debate, among world scientists, on how long the virus can stay and transmit in the air.

We have to be vigilant, even the official narrative can change from one day to another.

1 minute ago, VBF said:

No, it’s all about politicians having a bit of common sense and putting their brains into first gear before coming up with clearly unreasonable laws.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, IvorLott said:

What is the point of this speculative post but to produce more speculation and misinformation in these uncertain times? 

I don't believe it will take 18 months to 2 years for a vaccine. With the collective minds of scientists the world over working on this, I believe it will take no longer than 6 months. Necessity is the mother of invention. The old way may have taken that long, but the world is making new history by the day.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, VBF said:

Of course it is. I met very few, if any people in my life that did anything if it wasn't in their own best interest.

If Kennedy made his famous speech now ( ask not what your country can do for you etc ), people would probably think he was crazy, IMO.

Just now, CygnusX1 said:

No, it’s all about politicians having a bit of common sense and putting their brains into first gear before coming up with clearly unreasonable laws.

Normally I'd agree with that whole-heartedly but given that this is unprecedented in its severity, I'd say that we're all struggling for the right approach politicians included.

If even the medical and scientific community don't all agree what chance do the the rest of us have? 

1 minute ago, tropo said:

I don't believe it will take 18 months to 2 years for a vaccine. With the collective minds of scientists the world over working on this, I believe it will take no longer than 6 months. Necessity is the mother of invention. The old way may have taken that long, but the world is making new history by the day.

Some things can't be rushed. If they put a bad vaccine into use it may ruin more people than the virus will kill.

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Of course it is. I met very few, if any people in my life that did anything if it wasn't in their own best interest.

If Kennedy made his famous speech now ( ask not what your country can do for you etc ), people would probably think he was crazy, IMO.

Sadly, I have to agree with that - and we were having such a good argument! 😀

1 minute ago, VBF said:

Normally I'd agree with that whole-heartedly but given that this is unprecedented in its severity, I'd say that we're all struggling for the right approach politicians included.

If even the medical and scientific community don't all agree what chance do the the rest of us have? 

Ah, so not 97% agreement among the scientific community then?

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Ah, so not 97% agreement among the scientific community then?

Is it? Can you support that worldwide 97% of the scientific community agrees on everything Covid-related?

1 minute ago, VBF said:

Sadly, I have to agree with that - and we were having such a good argument! 😀

I'll go further; if many of the ones supporting lockdown were to potentially suffer bankrupcy, loss of home and marital destruction etc I bet they'd be changing their tune. I'd hazard a guess that many are retired and have a secure income, so not much to lose by watching tv for a month or three.

I'm prepared to catch it and die rather than be locked down, and I can't give more than my life, can I?

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Some things can't be rushed. If they put a bad vaccine into use it may ruin more people than the virus will kill.

"some things can't be rushed" takes on a different meaning in the current crisis. The FDA is already rush approving drugs in the US.