Are you really ready for two years of this?

Jingthing

20 minutes ago, Assurancetourix said:

As a French humorist who died long years ago said:
very good for lighting the fire

We will first be entitled to an unimaginable recession only a few months ago;

France, for example, has already lost 6 points in a few weeks;

then hyper inflation like the one that rocked Germany at the end of the 1920s (well, there is just 1 century!);
blessed era when it took a barrow of banknotes to buy 125 grams of butter ...

With this, Big Brother which already exists in China will become the current model everywhere on the planet ...

As for wanting to continue to travel as before Covis-19, do not dream; it will no longer exist.
Large aviation companies such as Lufthansa, which owns a whopping 763 aircraft, nailed the ground to over 700 and lost 24 million euros every day;
The Thai and a significant number of other companies already over-indebted will sink  ...
Here is the joyous news of the day. :sorry:

Until today we talked about before or after Jesus Christ;
now it will be before or after Covid-19

So would you say the glass is half-empty or half-full?

1 minute ago, chessman said:

So would you say the glass is half-empty or half-full?

Me ?

I don't care ..

I'm living in a little village in Esaan ;

with as much money as an average Thai executive, that is to say not much.
not the means and especially no desire to return one day to Europe ..
my life is here and nowhere else.

As for the glass half full or empty ... I only drink water

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Assurancetourix said:

Me ?

I don't care ..

I'm living in a little village in Esaan ;

with as much money as an average Thai executive, that is to say not much.
not the means and especially no desire to return one day to Europe ..
my life is here and nowhere else.

As for the glass half full or empty ... I only drink water

Same here, and I agree with your observations in your previous post, except that I am not sure about hyperinflation...it is one possible scenario among others.

Another possibility is that the West will follow in Japan footsteps, economically, and in China's footsteps, politically...a double nightmare in a nice packaging.

One way or another, we are going to enter a new normal, that will be worse than the previous one.

We will have much less freedom than before, for our own good obviously, and also less money.

Taking an international flight will require jumping through so many hoops that you will have to show up at the airport half a day before boarding.

We are living in a Hollywood futuristic movie, which is ironic considering that this is happening at a time when Hollywood has shut down production...

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
3 minutes ago, Centrum said:

Interesting to read the predictions from a year ago. I'll probably be bumping the current thread full of predictions in another year's time.

Yeah.

I was right about some things and wrong about others.

In any case it's now clear this is going to last over two years.

Some  "lucky" countries will be much more normal earlier but it turns out Thailand isn't all that lucky.

Cuba is an illustrative case.  Because the American embargo against trade with Cuba even by other countries, which has been going on for decades, the Cuban government decided a long time ago that they had to develop a self-sufficiency in vaccines even though they have a population of only eleven million and the country is poor.  But they succeeded.  I understand that the first vaccine for Meningitis B was developed by the Cubans.  So, that's impressive.

Currently Cuba has five Covid vaccines in development including one that will enter a Phase III study in June with 44,000 participants.  If that trial is successful, Cuba may be able to share the vaccine as it has shared medical expertise with other countries in the past.   If Cuba with a GDP of $100 billion can develop its own vaccines, maybe Thailand with a GDP of $543 billion can do it also.

On 4/11/2020 at 10:57 AM, jastheace said:

only when the 2nd atomic bomb hit japan did they surrender. 

this new virus is more deadly, but people still want to create a revolution for freedom to allow them to be open to it. it's like putting a sign on your doorstep.... please put bomb here....

grow up. there is a reason why governments have put their economies on hold (at enormous cost). not just to save the plebs, but for all.

to those who think it's the flu.... it's not

to those who are despondent…. god help you, but don't take others down with you

to those who are despondent…. god help you, but don't take others down with you

I'm despondent because of the people that think they have all the answers are, IMO taking us all down with them due to their " only lockdowns work" mantra. Florida is a good case for the contrary position, IMO.

The effects of lockdowns will last years longer than the epidemic, IMO.

• Like 1