Jump to content

Are you really ready for two years of this?


Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

Money is created by credit. 

 

The counterpart of money is debt! 

The Treasury issues a request to the Federal Reserve that controls the money supply to issue money.
The Federal reserve grants the requests and lends the money back to the US Government at an interest.

it's a scam.  Ofcourse the FED ought not to charge interest on the money created on request by the Government.

 

 

Edited by WhereIsMyRyeBread
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They  should  just  accept  the death rate and  carry  on,  instead  they'll  lose  more through the economic  crash.

I know I'm not.   https://www.wired.co.uk/article/uk-coronavirus-lockdown-long-term-plan     I think it's obvious by now that the hopes and promises of this virus situati

Well I'm with Jingthing on this. It's likely going to be 2 years just to get the first wave of infections worked through globally and that's assuming that places like Russia and N Korea divulge what's

Posted Images

The state of India with the most cases at present is Maharashtra, where Mumbai is the large city. Present temp 31 C. India has a lot of northern regions where it even snows in the winter; this will be something to follow, but I'm sure we will be hearing of developments.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, UbonThani said:

 

Stop misquoting me. 500k flu deaths a year.

 

Yet millions actually hundreds of millions spread the flu each year and don't care.

 

18m heart disease deaths nobody hardly calls for fast food to be banned.

 

Seems to massive double stds.

 

Die from 101 things who cares

Die from Corona mass panic

 

With any luck by the end of the year SARS-nCoV-2019 will have only contributed to as many deaths as the 500k per year deaths related to Influenza.

 

Without a vaccine and effective treatment the current spread rate and FCR places the numbers at far higher than an annual Influenza mortality rate. 

 

We are 3 months into a Pandemic, the spread of infection is still exponential, the deaths could well enter the millions. When projecting ahead 12 months the numbers are frightening and make the Influenza numbers look small. 

 

 

Your comparisons are interesting: Heart disease; you could add smoking, drinking etc - these are lifestyle choices and within peoples control (to a certain extent). Malaria has been used as a comparison to deaths related to Covid-19, as has Cancer. Malaria is avoidable with medication, the issues with the high Malaria deaths are humanitarian and financial, there is medication we can take to avoid contracting malaria. US$70 billion has been pumped into Cancer, research and is on going, it can’t be stopped but we’re trying, IF Social Distancing would stop cancer, we’d have been doing so for years and the world would be a different place. 

 

There is no known cure for Covid-19 yet. No known effective treatment (drugs) other than palliative treatment with respirators for those severely affected. 

 

At the moment Covid-19 cannot be compared to any known established diseases because Covid-19 is in its infancy. 

Next year, if we have a Vaccine or effective drugs to treat and minimise the impact of Covid-19 then we can relax about it and hopefully compare it to seasonal Influenza or in a best case have medicine which eradicates the impact of Coronaviruses on us all. But, in the mean time ‘great concern’ (not panic) is the correct course of action, because at the moment we don’t know what else to do to prevent the spread of SARS-nCov-2019 other than isolate. 

 

The majority of your '101 ways to die' are probably avoidable - we have no way of avoiding SARS-nCov-2019 unless we take exceptional and draconian measures. 

 

 

On your other notes: Of course, Ban Fast Food, but if you want to take those measures, ban processed sugars in foods, ban alcohol, ban cigarettes - but these are freedoms, people can make an informed choice. 

 

SARS-nCov-2019 is indiscriminate in who it infects - that is the difference and that is why your arguments in your post above (and many others who use similar arguments) are flawed. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

 

We are 3 months into a Pandemic, the spread of infection is still exponential, the deaths could well enter the millions. When projecting ahead 12 months the numbers are frightening and make the Influenza numbers look small. 

 

The majority of your '101 ways to die' are probably avoidable - 

At the actual rate of death, which appears to be stable, except maybe in the US, it would take years to reach millions of deaths... but by then we would all be dead from the economic collapse anyway... 

 

Many ways to die are not avoidable, starting with cancer and its 10 million deaths per year, year after year. 

 

If every day, the authorities had the honesty to present their populations comparative numbers, such as:

 

- number of new cases of coronavirus

- number of new cases of cancer

 

- number of deaths from coronavirus

- number of deaths from cancer

 

the panic would evaporate quickly. 

 

But they want panic, which is why they provide very partial information. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/4/2020 at 3:30 AM, Jingthing said:

Expecting a miracle treatment is not realistic. Remember how long that took with HIV?

HIV was a Death Sentence for nearly everyone who got it, and early treatments were not well-tolerated and only somewhat effective. 

This disease has a low mortality rate - declining rapidly, as it is discovered how many are infected w/o symptoms, when widespread testing is done. 

OTOH, HIV was easy to avoid (unless you had hemophilia), whereas this spreads very easily.

 

As well, there is already a known drug combination which has shown efficacy - hydroxychloroquine + azithromycin.  But because they are off-patent, there is not a lot to be gained by large pharmaceuticals.  The testing seems to be dragging on forever - should have taken ~10 days to replicate the French study with a larger group.  In fact, the French have already completed a follow-up study, with excellent results.

 

Given this, the only thing preventing us re-starting economic activity, is mass-production of these drugs.  This would be combined with the isolation of the tiny percentage of the population who cannot use the treatment (some heart-patients, those allergic to them, etc), until other options are available which they can tolerate, or until the virus dies-out from lack of non-immune hosts.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JackThompson said:

HIV was a Death Sentence for nearly everyone who got it, and early treatments were not well-tolerated and only somewhat effective. 

This disease has a low mortality rate - declining rapidly, as it is discovered how many are infected w/o symptoms, when widespread testing is done. 

OTOH, HIV was easy to avoid (unless you had hemophilia), whereas this spreads very easily.

 

As well, there is already a known drug combination which has shown efficacy - hydroxychloroquine + azithromycin.  But because they are off-patent, there is not a lot to be gained by large pharmaceuticals.  The testing seems to be dragging on forever - should have taken ~10 days to replicate the French study with a larger group.  In fact, the French have already completed a follow-up study, with excellent results.

 

Given this, the only thing preventing us re-starting economic activity, is mass-production of these drugs.  This would be combined with the isolation of the tiny percentage of the population who cannot use the treatment (some heart-patients, those allergic to them, etc), until other options are available which they can tolerate, or until the virus dies-out from lack of non-immune hosts.

 

Every country does their own trials. By June things will look a whole lot better.

 

Another 2 weeks of lockdowns will lower spread a lot in many countries.

 

Id expect deaths below Swine flu.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brunolem said:

At the actual rate of death, which appears to be stable, except maybe in the US, it would take years to reach millions of deaths... but by then we would all be dead from the economic collapse anyway... 

 

Many ways to die are not avoidable, starting with cancer and its 10 million deaths per year, year after year. 

 

If every day, the authorities had the honesty to present their populations comparative numbers, such as:

 

- number of new cases of coronavirus

- number of new cases of cancer

 

- number of deaths from coronavirus

- number of deaths from cancer

 

the panic would evaporate quickly. 

 

But they want panic, which is why they provide very partial information. 

They lie. People can google death stats though.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brunolem said:

At the actual rate of death, which appears to be stable, except maybe in the US, it would take years to reach millions of deaths... but by then we would all be dead from the economic collapse anyway... 

 

Many ways to die are not avoidable, starting with cancer and its 10 million deaths per year, year after year. 

 

If every day, the authorities had the honesty to present their populations comparative numbers, such as:

 

- number of new cases of coronavirus

- number of new cases of cancer

 

- number of deaths from coronavirus

- number of deaths from cancer

 

the panic would evaporate quickly. 

 

But they want panic, which is why they provide very partial information. 

It remains unknown how many are infected so the denominator is unknown to establish the actual death rate. 

As you know, cancer is a group of diseases involving abnormal cell growth. It's pointless to compare Cancer with Covid.

 

If you wash your hands you can actually wash the virus away before you inhale it, that's what they're trying to convey. Hence it's time sensitive info.

Last time I checked you can't wash away a cancer tumour. What's the point you're to make? Anything that begins with the letter C that can kill you?

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...