Are you really ready for two years of this?

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Shortcut to knowing you're reading a B.S. POV -- the use of the "word" SHEEPLE.

Well, i don't like that word too, but sorry for hitting a nerve.

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They  should  just  accept  the death rate and  carry  on,  instead  they'll  lose  more through the economic  crash.

I know I'm not.   https://www.wired.co.uk/article/uk-coronavirus-lockdown-long-term-plan     I think it's obvious by now that the hopes and promises of this virus situati

Well I'm with Jingthing on this. It's likely going to be 2 years just to get the first wave of infections worked through globally and that's assuming that places like Russia and N Korea divulge what's

Posted Images

3 hours ago, huangnon said:

I'm not alone in thinking this pandemic is an outright global(ist) scam. Everyone in the world has "corona virus" antibodies and pathogens in their blood and DNA, from colds, flu's and viral infections from when they were kids. The supposed "test" for Covid-19 does not measure 'viral-load' or how much of this virus is supposedly making you sick. So basically, anyone can be tested 'positive' for Covid-19, and hospitals with these testing parameters are testing every "normal" sick, old or dying person as having died from this new virus. It's not a new virus, -it's a new 'test' only. The death stats from previous years (Jan-Mar) are no different from 2020.

We're under house-arrest while our economies and means of independent business are decimated under the pretense of 'saving lives'.

Small, medium, and even big (unconnected) businesses will fail, and the huge corporations will move in and take up the slack, employing people on <deleted> wages and conditions. Other unemployed people will be dependent on the state for handouts, and maybe even deducted "good citizen" points, like in China. Why is no one challenging the mainstream media, or statistics thrown at us? This is basically a coup d'etat on the human race.

It is not a globalist scam.

This virus is real. 

This virus doesn't have a political ideology. 

This virus is NOVEL.

Having antibodies for COLDS is irrelevant. 

The entire human race is virgin territory for infection from this virus and it is massively more threatening than the common cold. People are free I suppose to post ridiculous and obviously false conspiracy theories as above but they should be countered with facts based info every time.

On the other hand it is true that many governments are using the crisis of this pandemic to restrict civil liberties and although there are good reasons for many of those restrictions to fight this pandemic, it is a real danger that once lost never regained. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Could have been worse. Referring to lizard people for example.

So, you don't have any doubts about the official narrative ? Or do you choose to "go with the flow" just because it's convenient ?

1 minute ago, mauGR1 said:

So, you don't have any doubts about the official narrative ? Or do you choose to "go with the flow" just because it's convenient ?

Be more specific about what I should have doubts about. I haven't received a document labeled official narrative. I read and watch many diverse sources but I do tend to favor sources that are well grounded in facts and science and I do have a bias against off the wall conspiracy theories, such as 5g, made in a lab, etc.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Be more specific about what I should have doubts about. I haven't received a document labeled official narrative. I read and watch many diverse sources but I do tend to favor sources that are well grounded in facts and science and I do have a bias against off the wall conspiracy theories, such as 5g, made in a lab, etc.

I think you know very well, actually you said it a couple of posts above:

"People are free I suppose to post ridiculous and obviously false conspiracy theories as above but they should be countered with facts based info every time.

On the other hand it is true that many governments are using the crisis of this pandemic to restrict civil liberties and although there are good reasons for many of those restrictions to fight this pandemic, it is a real danger that once lost never regained."

So, what is more dangerous, the covid19, or the lost liberties ?

3 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

I think you know very well, actually you said it a couple of posts above:

"People are free I suppose to post ridiculous and obviously false conspiracy theories as above but they should be countered with facts based info every time.

On the other hand it is true that many governments are using the crisis of this pandemic to restrict civil liberties and although there are good reasons for many of those restrictions to fight this pandemic, it is a real danger that once lost never regained."

So, what is more dangerous, the covid19, or the lost liberties ?

It depends on who you are, I guess.

https://www.theatlantic.com/family/archive/2020/04/two-pandemics-us-coronavirus-inequality/609622/

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Fair enough, but you are completely wrong if you think that millions and millions of desperate people won't affect your lifestyle.

(sorry, just read a few lines, but i think i get the gist)

5 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Fair enough, but you are completely wrong if you think that millions and millions of desperate people won't affect your lifestyle.

(sorry, just read a few lines, but i think i get the gist)

Please desist from putting words in my mouth. You don't get jack. 

• Sad 1
On 4/4/2020 at 2:10 PM, BritManToo said:

Disagree, where I live in Thailand, outside Chiang Mai, the rice will still grow and the chickens will still lay eggs.

I'll be missing out with my trips to Vietnam and Cambodia, but my home life will be much the same.

Maybe a few problems with VISA extensions.

But Bangkok may not be that great a place to be living.

I was 11 days away from being out of here for good....sigh...I blew it

One of the big questions. When will the vaccine be finished? 

If we had it now things would be very different already. But it's going to be a long long wait. How long we can't know.

When Will There Be A Coronavirus Vaccine?

Twelve months? Eighteen months? Two years? Whatever happens, a vaccine will arrive later than we need, but sooner than ever before

https://www.esquire.com/uk/life/a32080926/coronavirus-vaccine/

Edited by Jingthing
On 4/4/2020 at 10:02 AM, AussieBob18 said:

I dont often agree with Jingthing, but if things dont slow in the next month or two, he is very likely to be correct.

Personally, as many of you know, I am of the view that this is a very bad flu and shutting down the world

Incredible. Actually, during the average flu epidemic I was already more reluctant to go out than normal, and more likely to carry sanitiser... so if this is a VERY BAD FLU that causes people to die from pneumonia, then why wouldn't you try to avoid spreading it? You can live with an R0 of 5 or 6?

Just wait for herd immunity - in America that would equate to maybe 36 million infected (and hopeless medical collapse should push the death rate up a LOT, but just calculate 2% as an acceptable death rate... Great landfill for the Grand Canyon right?

Shutdown just enough to keep the increase steady, keep the healthcare ticking over... and pray for a vaccine... but I'm not sure I'd wanna go to the hospital to get the vaccine, so then you have even more issues.