BANGKOK
Jingthing

Are you really ready for two years of this?

9 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Disagree, where I live in Thailand, outside Chiang Mai, the rice will still grow and the chickens will still lay eggs.

I'll be missing out with my trips to Vietnam and Cambodia, but my home life will be much the same.

Maybe a few problems with VISA extensions.

But Bangkok may not be that great a place to be living.

True. In any war there are rural areas where the violence doesn't reach. Right up until it does because a roving group trying to escape the military happens to wander through. Your experience will probably be more normal punctuated by periods of severe fighting and destruction, followed by rebuilding. 

I was speaking in more general terms for the majority of people who live in cities.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Henryford said:

500,000 flu deaths a year, doesn't sound like much of a vaccine to me. More fatal that Coroana.

Covid-19 has only really been in the general population for 6 weeks. The fatalities numbers are doubling every 3/4 days. Start with todays numbers and do the math's of when we will be over 500K a DAY. 

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, Kadilo said:
10 hours ago, gunderhill said:

They  should  just  accept  the death rate and  carry  on,  instead  they'll  lose  more through the economic  crash.

There will come a time when a High Level Risk Assessment will be carried out and a decision will be made along those lines. 

The decision has already been made. 

A high death rate is unavoidable, an even higher death rate is avoidable and the decisions have been made word wide that potential fatales are not acceptable, hence the lockdown.

This was not the Case with MERS, SARS, AIDs because the transmission rates were extremely low. 

The Spanish flu had a ‘relatively low’ FCR and a lot more was known about influenza. 

This is something new - but to suggest (gunderhill) that they just accept the death rate is the thinking of a psychopath, especially against the complete unknown of how may may become impacted by an economic crash... Really, how many will die as a result of an economic crash?

Edited by richard_smith237

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ventenio said:

i'll chime in with some worthless stuff:

1.  I still think I got this thing in January for a few weeks.   high, high fever, out of breath, vomiting.......but I'm not sure since I did seem to fully recover 2-weeks after my symptoms went away.  maybe that's normal.  My point... I think maybe 100 million people already got this thing.  for all we know, China is now immune since they all got it last year.  

2.  we don't know the ILLUMINATI.  This is breaking countries, and some other countries might hold on to a cure until other countries are broken for good.  Oh, I'm crazy?  lol.  maybe.  

3.  hunger is everything.  you get hungry, you fight till the death.  if cities get hungry, this thing is ending or governments will topple.  Probably in South America first...who knows.

4.  I'm guessing around July we will be "gathering."  New restrictions, a new world order, and the BIG question....what to do about China?

This could easily be the beginning of something much greater.  

If you met me in person, I would say there will be medicine in about a month and don't worry because we've all had a really, really easy life.  But on the internet.....oh, it's conspiracy time!!  

I do think Thailand is much safer than my home country.  So I'm happy being here.  

Come on …., 😉 I am sure they repaired that bad closing milit.lab door already, and executed that security guard who had duty (if he was not the first casualty from that virus ) 😉

Probably the ant-dote was in progress but not ready yet....( So if "they" are first with vaccine they are guilty at charge , proven to be already working on it …) hence the " eating Bat " story  🤔

😂😂😂

Edited by david555

9 hours ago, Sambotte said:

What really scares me with this virus thing, is not the virus.

Exactly my feeling. What scares me is the whole World switching to North Corea mode.

• Like 1

I wouldn't worry too much. Look at China. They're limping back to normal after 3 months of draconian measures. Yea, yea, I get they lie but their factories are opening which is visible to the naked eye. And, forget which business paper, I saw their output numbers were surprisingly good given the shutdown, which indicates a fast bounce back, a good portent for other economies.

So, I would say a couple more months, give or take, and most countries will have flattened the curve to the point that they say X infection/death rate is tolerable and go about business as usual.

Sure there will still be hotspots popping up here and there but as long as the general population curve is flat enough, hospitals will be able to cope with localized events.

In any case, I am learning to eat drink and be merry within exactly 67 sq. m.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

53 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Disagree, where I live in Thailand, outside Chiang Mai, the rice will still grow and the chickens will still lay eggs.

I'll be missing out with my trips to Vietnam and Cambodia, but my home life will be much the same.

Maybe a few problems with VISA extensions.

But Bangkok may not be that great a place to be living.

Just hope that no one steals your chickens, and the water supply will still run to the rice fields (who will fix any broken pumps / pipes for example). 

Also, your house may be targeted because you are a farang and some of the villagers think you must have lots of money or valuable things stocked up in your house.

Don't forget all the family and people returning to your village to thier family homes as they are all out of work.  How is everyone there going to have money for food or essentials after a few months of lock down or curfew?   

It might look rosy for you now... but if this gets dragged out for many months, out in the sticks, there is less police presence, neighbours are not as close if you need help or assistance in an emergency, and services such as electricity and water will be on lower priority if things break out there, rather than in a more heavily populated area.  

Edited by jak2002003
  • Like 2

Arguably the most worrying aspect of the current situation is the blatant systematic trashing of traditional rights and freedoms to combat a virus of relatively modest lethality and dubious origins.

The way things are shaping up, the "cure" could easily end up more deadly than the disease

https://www.corbettreport.com/mml2020/

1 minute ago, Why Me said:

I wouldn't worry too much. Look at China. They're limping back to normal after 3 months of draconian measures. Yea, yea, I get they lie but their factories are opening which is visible to the naked eye. And, forget which business paper, I saw their output numbers were surprisingly good given the shutdown, which indicates a fast bounce back, a good portent for other economies.

So, I would say a couple more months, give or take, and most countries will have flattened the curve to the point that they say X infection/death rate is tolerable and go about business as usual.

Sure there will still be hotspots popping up here and there but as long as the general population curve is flat enough, hospitals will be able to cope with localized events.

In any case, I am learning to eat drink and be merry within exactly 67 sq. m.

"In any case, I am learning to eat drink and be merry within exactly 67 sq. m."

Always more comfortable then a 1.2 sqm coffin 🤭

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, JRG23 said:

It’ll all be fine. A few months. Stress. But once peaks are hit it will gradually go away. By the end of the year I reckon. Stay positive people.

Well before then. 1-2 months max.

2 minutes ago, david555 said:

"In any case, I am learning to eat drink and be merry within exactly 67 sq. m."

Always more comfortable then a 1.2 sqm coffin 🤭

67 sqm is a coffin as far as I'm concerned. Far too small to be comfortable.