Are you really ready for two years of this?

Jingthing

Just now, UbonThani said:

Dont shake their hand. Its pretty simple.

Ridiculous! Are you not paying attention? Why do you think we're asked to keep 2 metres apart if not shaking hands is all it takes.

If only!!!!!!

13 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I think the world I'm looking for is civilization. 

Where are you going to find that? the problem is World Wide  Your civilisation  Isn't

going to Help you , you get it and you may Die ,Simple as that.

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:
7 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

All we’re being asked to do is stay at home and watch more telly !!!!!

Not so. Many marriages and partnerships will end because of people cooped up together, and much domestic violence will happen ( it's already happening in NZ and it's only been a week- I hate to think how bad it will be after a month ).

I can’t believe this is an argument being used against social distancing and isolation measures. 

Perhaps those partnerships are doomed for failure anyway. Really, people can’t stay together for week and isolation is the blame and not peoples poor choices in life partner?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

All we’re being asked to do is stay at home and watch more telly !!!!! Yes there is a financial burden the cost some will not be able to meet and thus suffer, but others are dying.

The problem is not so much to stay at home, but to lose one's job in the process.

For everyone one extra percent of unemployment, 40,000 people die (in the US only, from "The Big Short").

So, make the count when unemployment is going to reach 20%, as predicted by many.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, VBF said:

Ridiculous! Are you not paying attention? Why do you think we're asked to keep 2 metres apart if not shaking hands is all it takes.

If only!!!!!!

So how do u get corona from playing tennis?

You stand 10m to 20m away 5555

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

why should their place in a hospital bed (if they were to ever need it) be taken by someone selfish enough to unnecessarily risk themselves?

Essential workers would be given priority in such a case, might even get people who didn’t wish to self isolate to sign a waiver.

2 minutes ago, UbonThani said:

And NEVER, EVER get any closer during the game or in the clubhouse?

What about breathing under exertion.

I do think you're clutching at straws - hopefully the 5555 meant you were jesting? 

Edited by VBF

19 minutes ago, utalkin2me said:
3 hours ago, drbeach said:

67 sqm is a coffin as far as I'm concerned. Far too small to be comfortable.

Sucks for you. 

Consider it a lot more comfortable than a respirator. Which thousands will have to ensure because thousands more were too selfish to follow the advise of experts world wide. And because governments delayed too long in following this expert advice.

30 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Are you really ready for two years of this?

Well Jingthing, can you name a country which is and will be totally free of the virus and the isolation etc., for the next 2 years?

And would you want, right now and into the near future live in a country that wasn't doing any social distancing and/or keeping people stationary / at home?

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I can’t believe this is an argument being used against social distancing and isolation measures. 

Perhaps those partnerships are doomed for failure anyway. Really, people can’t stay together for week and isolation is the blame and not peoples poor choices in life partner?

The lawyers are going to be really busy.

• Haha 1

It is going to take time and my thoughts probably this entire year to get back on a track. Just better pray that those retirement checks don't get interrupted or there will be more problems than just the virus for the expats who are doing the monthly thing.

1 minute ago, VBF said:

I do think you're clutching at straws. 

It seems like you arent thinking about this. It's easy to open courts with a clubhouse.

Obviously you never played tennis.

Just now, VBF said:
2 minutes ago, UbonThani said:

I do think you're clutching at straws. 

People can’t see how selfish they are things...  How can you catch Covid-19 from playing tennis, you can’t. 

You catch it when every other genius in the area has the same idea... “Hey, we’re off work, lets go play tennis” or “Lets go to the beach”, “lets go to the open mountainside”... the idea doesn’t seem so dumb until we realise everyone else has the same idea....  Thats why all public areas are being closed, gyms, sports clubs, beaches etc.. thats why we all have to isolate, because we can’t all go to the same area if we want thinking we’re the only genius who had the idea.

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It doesn't matter how long they lock us up if it just starts again when they let us out, and without a vaccine it WILL.

IMO just get on with it and let the chips fall. Society survived the Spanish flue, polio, two world wars, a depression and it will survive a lot of unhealthy people dying ( myself among them ), but it won't survive this lockdown if it goes on too long, IMO.

And THAT is part of  the quandary! 

Just now, richard_smith237 said:

People can’t see how selfish they are things...  How can you catch Covid-19 from playing tennis, you can’t. 

You catch it when every other genius in the area has the same idea... “Hey, we’re off work, lets go play tennis” or “Lets go to the beach”, “lets go to the open mountainside”... the idea doesn’t seem so dumb until we realise everyone else has the same idea....  Thats why all public areas are being closed, gyms, sports clubs, beaches etc.. thats why we all have to isolate, because we can’t all go to the same area if we want thinking we’re the only genius who had the idea.

Therein lies the rub 

Just now, richard_smith237 said:

Not true. Saw hundreds of walkers the other day. People cant sit at home.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, scorecard said:

And would you want, right now and into the near future live in a country that wasn't doing any social distancing and/or keeping people stationary / at home?

There's a difference between social distancing and keeping people at home. What do you think they did during the Spanish flue?

9 hours ago, david555 said:

Do you really think Thailand ...and more this Thai Gov. Can afford this for themselves for 2 years ...

I am sure not as they even could not enforce a big group returning Thailand to go in organised 14 day quarantine just now posted on TV.....under the naming rebellion at Suvharnaboumi

I am quite sure that "the T*** government" has sufficient funds to see themselves through for many may years.........no matter what happens.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Soooooo, one locks down when at home with family, but one person goes to supermarket and catches it there, comes back to house and whole family catches it.

SO, WHAT WAS THE POINT OF BEING IN LOCKDOWN IN THE FIRST PLACE?????????????????

• Haha 1

I’m not arguing against all of the restrictions, just the more unreasonable ones. For instance, I’m strictly forbidden (6 months jail) to go for a drive - get in my car, drive for an hour, and only leave the car when I get home. Can anyone explain the mechanism by which I could transmit the virus while ensconced in my car? Teleportation? Uri Geller style paranormal phenomenon?

• Haha 2

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

Soooooo, one locks down when at home with family, but one person goes to supermarket and catches it there, comes back to house and whole family catches it.

SO, WHAT WAS THE POINT OF BEING IN LOCKDOWN IN THE FIRST PLACE?????????????????

Supermarket higher risk than tennis courts!!!!lets ban tennis 555 silly stuff.