Thailand suspends incoming passenger flights to fight coronavirus

rooster59

1 minute ago, tompelli said:

The mob weren't having it & the authorities backed down. Unbelievable way to handle civil disobedience during a pandemic.

Simply because these people were probably HiSo's with their sense of entitlement. I am sure they were throwing around all the Puu Yai they knew and how they would get these lower ranked authorities canned. 

These people were mad that THAI was not flying and they had to actually pay for their own fights and could not get a free upgrade as well. I know that irritates the heck out of me.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, justaphase said:

They're only testing 700 a day that's why. And every day finding 100-120. It doesn't make sense.

That means 1 in every 7 people being tested has the virus. What is the population of Thailand .....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Thailand will temporarily ban all passenger flights from landing in the country to curb the outbreak of the new coronavirus, the country's aviation agency said on Friday.

2 months too late !!

24 minutes ago, phkauf said:

Simply because these people were probably HiSo's with their sense of entitlement. I am sure they were throwing around all the Puu Yai they knew and how they would get these lower ranked authorities canned. 

These people were mad that THAI was not flying and they had to actually pay for their own fights and could not get a free upgrade as well. I know that irritates the heck out of me.

a lot of guess work went into that post

'' were probably HiSo's''

''they were throwing around all the Puu Yai they knew and how they would get these lower ranked authorities canned. ''

''These people were mad that THAI was not flying''

THE BAN DOES NOT APPLY TO STATE OR MILITARY AIRCRAFT, EMERGENCY LANDING, TECHNICAL LANDING WITHOUT DISEMBARKATION, HUMANITARIAN, MEDICAL OR RELIEF FLIGHTS, REPATRIATION FLIGHTS AND CARGO FLIGHTS.

This will allow airlines which have classified themselves as repatriation flights such as Qatar to go about their business as usual, that's how i read into it, scanning incoming flights there are a few scheduled to land today.

33 minutes ago, MickGC said:

That means 1 in every 7 people being tested has the virus. What is the population of Thailand .....

I in 7 suspected cases are testing positive, assuming no retesting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

https://www.icao.int/safety/Pages/COVID-19-Airport-Status.aspx

BANGKOK (VTBB) airspace:

COVID-19: TEMPORARY BAN ON ALL INTERNATIONAL FLIGHTS TO THAILAND 1. ACCORDING TO THE LATEST NOTIFICATION OF THE CIVIL AVIATION AUTHORITY OF THAILAND, ALL INTERNATIONAL PASSENGER FLIGHTS TO THAILAND WILL BE BANNED FROM 3 APRIL 2020 AT 1700 UTC TO 6 APRIL 2020 AT 1700 UTC. ALL FLIGHT PERMITS GRANTED FOR SUCH PERIOD WILL BE CANCELED. 2. THE BAN DOES NOT APPLY TO STATE OR MILITARY AIRCRAFT, EMERGENCY LANDING, TECHNICAL LANDING WITHOUT DISEMBARKATION, HUMANITARIAN, MEDICAL OR RELIEF FLIGHTS, REPATRIATION FLIGHTS AND CARGO FLIGHTS. 3. THE PASSENGERS ON BOARD THE AIRCRAFT LEAVING THE AIRPORT OF DEPARTURE BEFORE THE ENTRY INTO FORCE OF THE NOTIFICATION WILL SUBJECT TO 14 DAY QUARANTINE UNDER THE CONTIGUOUS DISEASE LAW AND THE REGULATION UNDER THE EMERGENCY DECREE ON STATE OF EMERGENCY CREATED: 03 Apr 2020 16:39:00 SOURCE: VTBDYNYX

COVID-19: THAILAND UNDER CURFEW RESTRICTIONS FROM 1500-2100 UTC EVERYDAY AIRLINE ARE ADVISED TO RE-SCHEDULE OR ADJUST OPERATIONS ACCORDING TO CURFEW SITUATION. AIRLINES ARE ALSO REQUIRED TO STRICTLY COMPLY WITH THE RESTRICTIONS ON PASSENGERS ENTERING THAILAND UNDER THE REGULATION ISSUED UNDER THE EMERGENCY DECREE. THOSE PERMISSIBLE PASSENGERS MUST FULFIL DOCUMENTATION REQUIREMENTS TO BE PRESENTED AT THE TIME OF CHECK-IN: FIT TO FLY HEALTH CERTIFICATE ISSUED NO MORE THAN 72 HOURS AND CERTIFYING LETTER OF THE THAI EMBASSY, CONSULATE OFFICE OR MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS. WITHOUT THE PROPER DOCUMENTS, THE BOARDING MUST BE DENIED. THE PASS ENGERS WILL ALSO BE SUBJECT TO DISEASE CONTROL MEASURES APPLICABLE AT THE AIRPORT OF ARRIVAL, WHICH MAY BE VARIED ACCORDING TO THE SERIOUSNESS OF THE SITUATION. CREATED: 03 Apr 2020 12:33:00 SOURCE: VTBDYNYX

no need to shout  !

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, 30la said:

A war wouldn't have been as heavy as this Covid 19 ...

exactly the Chinese generals responsible for the release of the virus probably did not think it would go so far and overious they do not have stop plain

The virus is already in the community...allowing a few more infected in is only pissing in the river anyway...it's all about image and saving face now...As other posters have pointed out containing individual cases and tracking contacts is only relevant before the virus is in general circulation...

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, johnarth said:

exactly the Chinese generals responsible for the release of the virus probably did not think it would go so far and overious they do not have stop plain

Could you seriously see this bunch of Thai 'leaders' leading a war effort? They want replacing with people with IQs at least in double digits.

27 minutes ago, DungeonMouse said:

The virus is already in the community...allowing a few more infected in is only pissing in the river anyway...it's all about image and saving face now...As other posters have pointed out containing individual cases and tracking contacts is only relevant before the virus is in general circulation...

I think it is more to prevent full scale panic if 70,000,000 people all suddenly realize that they're about to be hit with deaths like Italy is suffering.  

There are probably a lot of nervous generals preparing private planes right now.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, anchadian said:

"A public health officer allowed them to quarantine themselves at home. There was a commotion because they said they weren't aware they had to be put in a state quarantine," the officer said.

This will never happen.

How do you know ?

2 hours ago, bluedoc said:

Lovely Chinese. NOT!

The Thai government should be taken court fir negligence.

where is the clown Anutin now. It’s all gone quiet over there.

EBAE814C-CDA1-4BC8-B2DE-6788C7538A56.jpeg

"where is the clown Anutin now". Hopefully done a "Nellie the Elephant" and run off to join the "Inactive Posts" circus

I don't understand why you guys accuse all these Thais of not quarantining themselves at home. Look at you, you all sit in your rooms and don't go out anymore, you wear your masks, even in bed, you don't get closer than 2 meters to anyone, and you wash your hands every 5 minutes. You rarely dare to look out of the window, to avoid a zombie virus spotting you. 

So why do you think these Thais, which seem to have some education (at least they could afford airplane tickets, hinting at them having better than the lowest paid jobs), would not understand the situation and quarantine themselves at home, as promised?

Edited by yuyiinthesky
  • Haha 2

It should be pointed out that there are scheduled flights still running into BKK such as, KLM Lufthansa Qatar and EVA (returns directly to TPE from LHR), but they are arriving empty. Still returning people back to europe.  Where is BA you may ask ? I see KLM have some charters scheduled to Australia to pick up people.

KLM in early-April 2020 scheduled charter service to Australia, where the airline schedules Amsterdam – Kuala Lumpur – Sydney route, on board Boeing 777-200ER aircraft. Operational schedule as follows.

KL827 AMS2050 – 1450+1KUL0650+2 – 1650+2SYD 772 02APR20
KL827 AMS2050 – 1450+1KUL0650+2 – 1750+2SYD 772 06APR20
KL828 SYD1540 – 2200KUL2320 – 0600+1AMS 772 05APR20 / 09APR20

Edited by tso310
flight details