Germany angry because US take mask for German police at Bangkok Airport.

Yinn

1 hour ago, Curt1591 said:

Is there a point to this post?

Reaffirms my view point that Thailand are mere puppets in all this, love to know who is pulling the strings? ????

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brewster67 said:

It's OK mate... they will probably go into Iran next and that will be their biggest mistake ever

If they go into Iran                  (& I don't think they will)

Their poodles will follow them.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, CGW said:

Reaffirms my view point that Thailand are mere puppets in all this, love to know who is pulling the strings? ????

Yup, all the world loves... no, all the worlds NEEDS a villain.

For starters, I'll offer Rupert (not the Bear)

1 minute ago, sanuk711 said:

If they go into Iran                  (& I don't think they will)

Their poodles will follow them.....

Sorry guvner, my poodle's at the vets. A bit poorly right now you see?

15 minutes ago, Logosone said:

Ownership of that factory is most likely in the specific US company Philips formed but ultimate ownership would still be with Philips. So no wonder the dutch are upset at what has happened.

iirc it was not about ownership of the factory but since it is on american soil Trump can and will use some ancient law that now in emergency he can claim the produce of this factory.

I also read that italian car companies now are building ventilators, car wiper motors seem to be excellent for that function and many car companies make them now.

17 minutes ago, Brewster67 said:

Yes and while all these companies are bending the knee for the mighty US Dollar, they won't be smiling so broadly when it collapses along with their fake economy. The US is heading for a future resembling an African model.

Just wait and watch.

These companies are bending the knee for the Dollar, well put.

And there's a reason why they do that, America is a huge market with developed tastes and the GDP to back it up.

If we take a lesson from history and look at the decline of Britain, which at one time was the world's leading economy and the first to industrialize, we learn that Britain did not collapse so much as it was merely faced with increasing competition that it was unable to compete with the US, Germany, Japan, China even, so I think we will not see a collapse of the US. We will probably see other competitors outproduce the US, like China, the EU, and possibly India in the future. Whilst the US may no longer be the solitary economic leader it used to be, it will still be around as a major economy, the way the UK is still around as the 6th largest economy, despite being overtaken.

This would be way, way in the future though, the US is still in pole position for now:

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/80-trillion-world-economy-one-chart/

A 19 trillion USD economy does not collapse overnight. It may decline in the very long term, but a collapse is unlikely.

Edited by Logosone
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Logosone said:

These masks were for police and medical personnel.

Prof Wieler of the RKI has clarified that the notion that masks protect others (Fremdschutz) and reduce the spread of virus is not scientifically proven.

https://www.france24.com/en/20200403-german-virus-data-offers-hope-but-curbs-must-stay-says-merkel

The German health minister continues to clarify that there is no obligation to wear masks.

We will of course not forget this American treachery. But we take it with a grain of salt, since we did the same with Switzerland.

Also, I don't understand the uproar, 3M is an American company, presumably the US has the right to requisition American products. Of course not cricket that they first sell them, then steal them like pirates, bit treacherous, but since they're desperate it's understandable.

Oh no, not you again! You need to wear a mask in case someone recognises you...lol.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Yup, all the world loves... no, all the worlds NEEDS a villain.

For starters, I'll offer Rupert (not the Bear)

You desperate for attention?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Logosone said:

These companies are bending the knee for the Dollar, well put.

And there's a reason why they do that, America is a huge market with developed tastes and the GDP to back it up.

If we take a lesson from history and look at the decline of Britain, which at one time was the world's leading economy and the first to industrialize, we learn that Britain did not collapse so much as it was merely faced with increasing competition that it was unable to compete with. The US, Germany, Japan, China even, so I think we will not see a collapse of the US. We will probably see other competitors outproduce the US, like China, the EU, and possibly India in the future. Whilst the US may no longer be the solitary economic leader it used to be, it will still be around as a major economy, the way the UK is still around as the 6th largest economy, despite being overtaken.

This would be way, way in the future though, the US is still in pole position for now:

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/80-trillion-world-economy-one-chart/

A 19 trillion USD economy does not collapse overnight. It may decline in the very long term, but a collapse is unlikely.

My god, you are not kidding me?.... A huge economy swilling in debt up to its eyeballs.

A country having to print another 6 trillion of unbacked fake money by August just to prop it up.

An economy that size can't collapse quickly?.... If the dollar suddenly slips and there is a mass selloff to get out of it, i can promise you one thing is for sure... the entire economy will collapse in hours.

Once the Chinese and OP)EC countries decide enough is enough, then it is goodbye Vienna for the USA.

Just think about 70 TRILLION of your currency swilling around the earth suddenly winging its way straight back to US shores which the US has absolutely no other choice but to default on the lot of it... Hello African economy.

$2000 for a bag of lay.

Edited by Brewster67
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Brewster67 said:

It's OK mate... they will probably go into Iran next and that will be their biggest mistake ever.... So i am sitting back with the popcorn and beers ready for the fireworks to start on that one.

Dont need to "go into". Just need to launch the B52s. Next.

5 minutes ago, CGW said:

Reaffirms my view point that Thailand are mere puppets in all this, love to know who is pulling the strings? 

We are.

• Like 1

I wonder with everyone wearing masks if more robberies are being committed by people wearing masks. Are they having more success?  My support goes for the Americans again only because of the Nazi history. I know it never ends but the punishment back then was menial and mostly just the results of the Germans own doing. But then again, Trump might want to be a member of the Aryan nation so maybe the masks should just be given to some small innocent country like Papa New Guinea.

3 minutes ago, Brewster67 said:

Once the Chinese and OP)EC countries decide enough is enough, then it is goodbye Vienna for the USA.

They need us more than we need them.

3 minutes ago, Brewster67 said:

Just think about 70 TRILLION of your currency swilling around the earth suddenly becoming winging its way straight back to US shores which the US has absolutely no other choice but to default on the lot of it... Hello African economy.

Gee. Thats highly likely.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Brewster67 said:

My god, you are not kidding me?.... A huge economy swilling in debt up to its eyeballs.

A country having to print another 6 trillion of unbacked fake money by August just to prop it up.

An economy that size can't collapse quickly?.... If the dollar suddenly slips and there is a mass selloff to get out of it, i can promise you one thing is for sure... the entire economy will collapse in hours.

Just think about 70 TRILLION of your currency swilling around the earth suddenly winging its way straight back to US shores which the US has absolutely no other choice but to default on the lot of it... Hello African economy.

$2000 for a bag of lay.

Hey - not so fast, I still hope to get a SS check for a few more years from Uncle Sam...........

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Im one of those Americans with long  memories that care not one whit what Germany thinks.

Hopefully the Vietnamese, Iraqi, Indians, African countries where the slaves came from, black US citizens, etc. don´t think like you.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Thian said:

Also why was the West so stupid to not order mouthmasks or even better have huge amounts in stock? In Holland medicare is for everyone and they have plenty of money..they consider themselves to be the top of the world, well how come they were not prepared for this pandemic?? Who's gonna get sacked for it and when?

Ignorance, and so much manufacturing around the world had been sent offshore to China, and when this began to happen, no administration was prepared for it until it was too late.

China went into lockdown, factories closed, and supplies not allowed out.

Health budgets in most countries have been slashed for decades, and those who have tried to have increases in real terms have been fighting a loosing battle.

No one really cares about healthcare until they need it, especially in neoliberal administrations, and they can mostly afford private, so rarely impacted by it.

POTUS stated >> its only the 'flu, and when informed of the infectivity of it looked really surprised and stated "oh I didn't know"  He never though he may have to "lead" in an equitable manner for all.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Ignorance, and so much manufacturing around the world had been sent offshore to China, and when this began to happen, no administration was prepared for it until it was too late.

China went into lockdown, factories closed, and supplies not allowed out.

Health budgets in most countries have been slashed for decades, and those who have tried to have increases in real terms have been fighting a loosing battle.

No one really cares about healthcare until they need it, especially in neoliberal administrations, and they can mostly afford private, so rarely impacted by it.

POTUS stated >> its only the 'flu, and when informed of the infectivity of it looked really surprised and stated "oh I didn't know"  He never though he may have to "lead" in an equitable manner for all.

I think after this places like the UK will use some of that huge healthcare budget to build a few simply factories to manufacture their own PPE from now on, so next time they will be prepared.

It is about time countries started to become more self-sufficient and less reliant on international trade.

• Like 1

Im one of those Americans with long  memories that care not one whit what Germany thinks.

22 minutes ago, Muzzique said:

You will when you need their ventilators.

Who is building a huge factory to produce masks in the US? Draeger, a German company. From this company, located in Northern Germany, the US government ordered some thousand of ventilators. But well, if someone is willing to pay a better price, sorry USA. 

11 minutes ago, CNXexpat said:

Hopefully the Vietnamese, Iraqi, Indians, African countries where the slaves came from, black US citizens, etc. don´t think like you.

Doesnt matter. 

1 minute ago, CNXexpat said:

Who is building a huge factory to produce masks in the US? Draeger, a German company. From this company, located in Northern Germany, the US government ordered some thousand of ventilators. But well, if someone is willing to pay a better price, sorry USA. 

doesnt work that way. We want them, they are ours. Sorry to bring reality into the picture. But the USA is at war and its what we want that counts.

15 minutes ago, Brewster67 said:

Ask China, they hold 4,5 trillion of it and can unload it at a moment's notice and bring that place down to the gutter in 24 hours... OPEC countries need you more than you need them?.... Bwahahahahahaha..... They have the entire planet to trade with. they don't need the US market for oil, it represents a fraction of the world's oil trade.

Lets see, dude wants the collapse of the USA and the unavoidable death of millions of Amercans and the collapse of the world economy to boot. China excepted of course. Got it.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Brewster67 said:

$2000 for a bag of lay.

Yes, it's true the US has huge debt. Government debt is about 25 trillion. But the economy produces 19 trillion every year.

If the US wanted to it could end the budget deficit in short time by increasing taxation by a few dollars.

The British pound has slipped in value from 2.33 to the USD in 1900 to 1.22 today, but it has not meant the collapse of the UK economy. Massive collapse in a currency's value does not equal economic collapse. Factories still produce, services continue.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CNXexpat said:

I honestly feel that the German administration has some honour to it, and not welch on the agreement, more than can be said for another administration of self agrandisment, and self interest.

• Like 1

555 ... The good old day, things was much clearer then was it not ...

How long is that memory ? Did you partake in the Normandy landing ?

image.png.ed3e4689be9333cc6e75c52dd157db1e.png

1 hour ago, Logosone said:

These masks were for police and medical personnel.

Prof Wieler of the RKI has clarified that the notion that masks protect others (Fremdschutz) and reduce the spread of virus is not scientifically proven.

Ah right, so your Country was ordering them for the Police and medical personnel for what reason?

• Confused 1