Chalong Police arrest woman for overcharging for face masks

rooster59

Chalong Police arrest woman for overcharging for face masks

By Eakkapop Thongtub

1585935797_1-org.jpg

Chanjira Larnphut at Chalong Police Station yesterday (Apr 3). Photo: Chalong Police

PHUKET: Chalong Police yesterday (Apr 3) arrested a woman from Phang Nga for overcharging for face masks in the south of the island.

The woman, 24-year-old Chanjira Larnphut, 24, from Takua Thung District in Phang Nga, was arrested after a sting operation involving a team of officers that included officials from the provincial Commerce Office.

Listed in a brief report by Chalong Police as seized as evidence was a box of 50 Famapro face masks as well as the B1,000 banknote used in the sting operation.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/chalong-police-arrest-woman-for-overcharging-for-face-masks-75573.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-04-04

Was offered the very same style box of 50 for 875 baht at my regular high street pharmacy yesterday, or price for a few was 20 baht each which I accepted as most pharmacies nearby dont have any, let alone at the correct price.

That is dirt cheap. I was asked 99 Baht for a similar mask at the below pharmacy at Rompo about 15 km outside Pattaya, and it wasn't farang price, since the price was written on the box.

Later I got one for FREE from the lady selling opticals outside the local post office. I think government advice price is 2 baht.

IMG_20200326_145625.thumb.jpg.f8a78321c6e99002c51e0d54b59d5137.jpg

15 hours ago, kevin612 said:

Only one box of mask? She will be ok, pay the small fine and leave.

You mean the 140,000-baht fine they've declared?

I feel sorry for her, probably trying to make a few hundred baht from this.  

How many members here regularly spend more than that on a night out drinking?

Edited by Iron Tongue
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, phantomfiddler said:

They should get their butts up to Pattaya, they would have a field day ! I have bought 2 masks so far, average price 20Bht for one, and which obviously could not have cost more than 50 satang to make ????

20bt is a steal. I was buying a pack of masks on behalf of someone in Vietnam, 600bt for 5 (370thb on lazada). The cloth ones from the same shop were 40bt.

11 hours ago, sallecc said:

One woman... one box... one B1000 banknote... and "TEAM of officers and officials of provincial Commerce Office"

But unfortunately social distancing has really buggered up how many police can fit into a photo.

• Haha 2