Automatic visa extensions for tourists in Thailand “just a matter of time” - details being ironed out: govt spokesman

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Given countries around the world have recognised the problem and found solutions very quickly, you have to ask why it is such a complicated and time consuming problem here? The current calls for stupi

Automatic?  I'll believe it when I see it!   It will probably be automatic after for a limited number of people who will have to go to immigration with a stack of papers 5 cm high.  Or will

Surely not just tourists need a no visit way to extend , online or at exit,$100 fee say 3300 withexit tax total 4000 to help fund Thai health crisis and all unemployed tourism sector.   Many

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, allencraig said:

I entered on a VOA stamp before March 1, and had already received an extension. I extended again yesterday. Here's what I learned:

1. Anyone who ENTERED Thailand on or after March 1 gets an automatic extension. NO NEED to go to immigration or do anything.
2. Anyone who ENTERED before March 1, can get a 30-day "Covid extension", EVEN IF they've already received an extension. Just need to go to the temporary immigration area in Muang Thong Thani, with the regular paperwork PLUS the letter from their embassy. A B/W copy is fine. No other forms out of the ordinary are needed. (Or weren't needed in my case.) Cost is 1.900thb.
3. The temporary immigration processing area is in the new Central Intelligence Bureau parking facility. A bit of a pain in the ass to get to, but I found minivans there and back for 35thb each way. The wait should be about 4 to 5 hours. It's very organized but it just takes a while because there's a lot of people. There are food and drink stands set up, too. There are 8 or 10 people doing the actual processing.

DocsNeeded.jpg

Waiting.jpg

Thanks for the update 😉

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

new policy that would allow tourists left stranded in Thailand to be granted automatic visa renewals.

So only tourist visa's get automatic renewals....

• Like 1

I entered Thailand on the 7th of March, so those among you will work out that my 30 Days run out tomorrow. I when to immigration Yesterday afternoon and told them that I need an extension and because I cannot find work here as you all will know all the schools, colleges and universities are closed. I have lived here for 15 years and I have been a teacher of English in both Private or State Owned Schools. I was retired from my last job as the Labour Office told the school that they would not extend my Work Permit and The area Education Office also said they would not supply the necessary paperwork for extending Visa and work Permit. I am 63 years old. I do know that some Teachers who are older than me are still teaching, because the Director of their schools told the necessary departments that He or She wanted to keep the Teacher. So I am not working or being paid by anyone and when I read about the Automatic Visa Extension I thought they have thrown me a life line. But it turns out not yet. So as of tomorrow night I will be overstaying.  

• Sad 6