Automatic visa extensions for tourists in Thailand “just a matter of time” - details being ironed out: govt spokesman

11 minutes ago, dsf9 said:

Is there been any reports (even prior to Corona) of immigration turning up at your registered hotel a week after overstay?

I don't recall any reports of it happening.

But you have to remember the overstay rules.

image.png.ac14cf5a18763bd3b0fa04e8467c68fd.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dsf9 said:

Is there been any reports (even prior to Corona) of immigration turning up at your registered hotel a week after overstay? 

One day overstay and five day overstay.  Both arrests involved a hotel.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1139447-pattaya-bill-dodging-austrian-arrested-by-immigration-on-one-day-overstay/
https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1135951-five-immigration-officers-swoop-german-on-five-day-overstay-arrested-outside-pattaya-hotel/

I am on a Non-O Multi (marriage). My next 90 day out/in is April 30. I know l can get a 60 day ext. at CM. Does anyone know what documents are required at CM and does my wife have to be present. Could she chat to IO via a video call rather than risk herself as well?

12 minutes ago, Expat Brad said:

I am on a Non-O Multi (marriage). My next 90 day out/in is April 30. I know l can get a 60 day ext. at CM. Does anyone know what documents are required at CM and does my wife have to be present. Could she chat to IO via a video call rather than risk herself as well?

This thread will be of interest for you.

14 minutes ago, Expat Brad said:

Info about getting the 60 day extension and other options are in this topic.

Any news whats gonna happen if you cant go home and also cant do visa cause the lockdown ? Will they extend your COVID visa until they open the border ? I paid for my school already, have all the paperwork to make ED visa, but cant finish the procces cause the lockdown. 

42 minutes ago, BritTim said:

With an embassy letter, you should be able to get serial 30-day extensions as you do not qualify for any regular extension. Depending on where you are applying, you may get hit with requests for various other documents that are difficult or impossible to satisfy. In my view, this is almost certainly a notification that you need to use an agent if you really want an extension in Region 3.

Sounds good, in Chiang Mai. They didnt want much, just the embassy letter. But they gave me just 20 days for beginning. That really doesnt make any sense, they force people go there more often than usual. Looks like heaven for the virus. Thanks for the info

On 4/4/2020 at 11:46 AM, LNER4472 said:

I entered Thailand on the 7th of March, so those among you will work out that my 30 Days run out tomorrow. I when to immigration Yesterday afternoon and told them that I need an extension and because I cannot find work here as you all will know all the schools, colleges and universities are closed. I have lived here for 15 years and I have been a teacher of English in both Private or State Owned Schools. I was retired from my last job as the Labour Office told the school that they would not extend my Work Permit and The area Education Office also said they would not supply the necessary paperwork for extending Visa and work Permit. I am 63 years old. I do know that some Teachers who are older than me are still teaching, because the Director of their schools told the necessary departments that He or She wanted to keep the Teacher. So I am not working or being paid by anyone and when I read about the Automatic Visa Extension I thought they have thrown me a life line. But it turns out not yet. So as of tomorrow night I will be overstaying.  

Hope you get something sorted and dont get into any bother with an OS

On 4/4/2020 at 2:31 PM, allencraig said:

If they don't announce anything clear, you could just go to immigration on April 9 and pay 1,900 for an extension, couldn't you?

Yes he could and yes he could stand with 100s of ppl and yes he could catch covid and yes i agree with him and will be overstaying too.. 89 days to be exact.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, buknecerze said:

Normal tourist visa extensions are still at CW, while covid extensions are at new location. Correct?

I think tourist visa extensions are still be done at CW.

This what is shown on the immigration website.

image.png.ff8c5abd56cb51924e0e8e24f21e5ce4.png

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bell1234 said:

Yes he could and yes he could stand with 100s of ppl and yes he could catch covid and yes i agree with him and will be overstaying too.. 89 days to be exact.

89 really after this fiasco. Do you really care to come back anytime soon. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I think tourist visa extensions are still be done at CW.

This what is shown on the immigration website.

image.png.ff8c5abd56cb51924e0e8e24f21e5ce4.png

So Covid extension on a 60 day Tourist Visa (TR) that has been extended 30 days is still at CW? 

Thanks, 

Edited by samisaurus

13 minutes ago, CaptainCarrot said:

is it possible to get an agent to hlp me get extension to my 30-day visa expiring in a week (Jomtien)?

I'm not intending to spend a whole day queuing and finding I've not got the right documents.

Any recommended agents?

When I lived there, the best prices were on Soi Bukow just north of South Pattaya Rd.  The agent right next door to the immigration office can likely also do it, for a bit more. 

22 minutes ago, CaptainCarrot said:

is it possible to get an agent to hlp me get extension to my 30-day visa expiring in a week (Jomtien)?

I'm not intending to spend a whole day queuing and finding I've not got the right documents.

Any recommended agents?

Is this your first extension or emergency covid extension

12 minutes ago, TamadeYao said:

Is this your first extension or emergency covid extension

For sure it's his first extension. Also he is asking about "extension to my 30 day visa"

He means extension to visa exempt entry. Easy to do.

He can read up on what's required (piece of cake) or use an agent. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

For sure it's his first extension. Also he is asking about "extension to my 30 day visa"

He means extension to visa exempt entry. Easy to do.

He can read up on what's required (piece of cake) or use an agent. 

In that case wouldn't he exempted because he's arrived after March 1 

8 hours ago, TamadeYao said:

In that case wouldn't he exempted because he's arrived after March 1 

Nothing has actually been announced. Even if folk that arrived after march 1 end up having some concessions one would think that the first extension to a visa exempt or tourist visa will still be the standard extension along with 1900baht.

• Like 2

Just read an article in the newspaper that cannot be mentioned that immigration expect things to be finalized shortley,

It says that those that got 30 day extensions after March 26th will have them renewed automatically every 30 days until the end of the crisis. 

For those on long stay extensions nothing will change. You will have to do your reports and extension as normal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1