Pattaya considers total lockdown - people can't leave or enter, possible fines if not wearing a mask outside

rooster59

On 4/4/2020 at 10:26 AM, z42 said:

No evidence of masks being effective at stopping the spread of any diseases.

An appalling abuse of power if this is put into effect. 

Well, you are damned wrong. People can shed virus while simply talking. ,, The idea now goes like this, you can be shed virus days before you realize you are sick. If you don't wear a mask you could be shedding virus everywhere you go. If you do wear a mask there is a good chance the virus you would be shedding while talking or coughing will be caught in your mask.  ,,,

No this does not mean you aren't sick or getting sick, it means you care about other people you could be infecting before you even know you are sick.

And NO, it does not mean someone else can't infect you  while you wear it. 

Wearing is for other people now, staying home protects you.

Why the hell do people throw their back out of joint over every suggestion on how to keep people from getting or spreading this 

virus.

Try for once in your life to just go along.

Try for once in your life to not be the "know-it-all", who really doesn't.

You have other options , stay home, leave and go back where you came from, go live some where by yourself, out of sight of other people.

Granted you may not care if you live or die, but a lot of other people aren't ready to load up on that bus just yet.

Edited by PatchinExPat
  • Haha 1

On 4/4/2020 at 10:16 AM, rooster59 said:

They reported that any foreigners outside without a mask on could be fined 20,000 baht.

Thais without a mask?  Carry on fellow citizens.

On 4/4/2020 at 4:39 AM, darksidedog said:

That's surely a step too far! Foreigners are being treated like plague carriers whose only intent is to infect and kill the locals? BS!

Not only foreigners. My wife returned home to Korat on 9 March and I left for Bangkok on 10 March with a flight back to the UK in the early hours of the 11th. We'd been on a trip that included Vietnam and a wedding in Hua Hin.  The virus situation was changing rapidly whilst we were away.

Unknown to me as I was travelling, our trip was the talk of the village and suddenly a health official, armed with no less than 5 nurses arrived at my wife's village hair salon, asked her about our trip and took her temperature. Immediately all her bookings began cancelling and she was basically treated like a Leper. The health official returned the next day and checked her temperature again.

Various people had arrived back in her village from trips to Bangkok etc. where, although grossly under-reported, there were many cases of Covid 19 - none of them were shunned or got visits from health officials.  It seems the main, if not the only reason for my wife's treatment is that she had travelled with a 'dirty farang'.

The one thing I can't get over, and that applies to so much of the stupid behaviour of both the Thai government and the public is that the fact that the virus began in China seems to be totally ignored.

Edited by KhaoYai
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/4/2020 at 10:39 AM, darksidedog said:

That's surely a step too far! Foreigners are being treated like plague carriers whose only intent is to infect and kill the locals? BS!

Ring your "leper bells" farang!

index.jpg

• Haha 1

On 4/5/2020 at 4:46 AM, Gweiloman said:

I wonder where they hide the dead and dying. In a refrigerated trailer behind the local wat?

No one is dying in Thailand from the Corona Virus,  pneumonia on the other hand................................

A bit like only counting a road fatality if the person is dead at the scene, not dead in a hospital, 30 minutes later. 

No tests + no diagnosis = no Corona Virus.

Edited by Leaver