Pattaya considers total lockdown - people can't leave or enter, possible fines if not wearing a mask outside

rooster59

1 minute ago, MoD1977 said:

What pisses me off is that I still see a lot of Thais without mask and nobody cares.

Was shopping at Big C Extra Pattaya Klang yesterday and have seen at least 10 Thais without mask but not a single Foreigner.

I also passed today the big Plot on the Khao Thalo / Sukhumvit Intersection and they setting up the monthly amusement park and market for the Thais.

This country turned to such an racist place that i dont know for how long I can stand it.

This was always the case in Thailand. As a foreigner one is welcome as long as they benefit from you.
If they not benefit from the foreigner =  not welcome anymore. 

Now they not only "not benefit" from us, many Thais think we pose a risk to their personal safety and bring financial burden over them.
I mean, Thailand doing great in controlling this covid situation.
They have just around 2000 infected in the whole country. Only 30 people on each Million. 
Given that the very first infected person outside of China was in Thailand, that is so impressive.

(Source: January 13, the WHO reported a case in Thailand, the first outside of China, in a woman who had arrived from Wuhan.)

So if the number of covid infections in Thailand is accurate, we are all very lucky.
All I can say is, I live 5km from Utaphao Airport , a major HUB for Chinese tourists - before.
In December and January cough medicine was a very hot selling product in every pharmacy in this area.

9 minutes ago, silent said:

Long discussion with my ancient Dad today to get it through that none of the PPE and hygiene practices eliminate chances of getting it and the best anyone can hope for is a reduction of risk. So stop sticking your thumb up your bum, or picking your nose and making excuses. The doctors don't wear surgical masks to protect themselves for <deleted> sakes, but so they don't contaminate the patient, or in the case of covid 19 somebody else, like a Thai.

Thick as a brick

Maybe you should open your eyes a bit if possible?

Why would you think that now even the US and Europe are starting to wear masks??? Because they sure stop the virus from spreading like crazy! You think anybody on the world would wear them for fun?

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, aldriglikvid said:

I'm not staying at a hotel but renting a condo. Does this affect me? They way this escalates every day is becoming scary...

I don't want to be  kicked out ????

Not seen it mentioned Foreigner to  be kicked out so for now you are safe.... maybe stay indoors during curfew hours.

But if I was you I would have all my possessions packed into my suitcase and have it by the door in readiness.

Edited by Don Mega
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, colinneil said:

Danny, you accusing me of spreading fake news?

Only about 5% of people in this village are wearing masks, the vast majority are not.

Most of the none wearers listened to the local monk, spouting off that is is only affecting people in the cities, out here in the sticks it is safe.

Are they the same monks who sell 'golden' amulets which melt like plastic when hanging above a flame??

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, MoD1977 said:

What pisses me off is that I still see a lot of Thais without mask and nobody cares.

Was shopping at Big C Extra Pattaya Klang yesterday and have seen at least 10 Thais without mask but not a single Foreigner.

I also passed today the big Plot on the Khao Thalo / Sukhumvit Intersection and they setting up the monthly amusement park and market for the Thais.

This country turned to such an racist place that i dont know for how long I can stand it.

you only have to look at the uneducated deleted making these decisions and it really is no surprise

The Mayor of Pattaya has huge local business interests - must be hurting, what he fails to grasp is the people he is targeting are his past and future primary customers - this thread on TVF should be shared on every social media site possible 

1 hour ago, sapson said:

He looks to blame the westerners on dear oh dear, should look further up the gravy chain to who allowed the continued entrance of Chinese to Thailand for months and months and in Pattaya happily took their money never mind the virus.......... now the jobbies are really hitting the wok!!

The OP states foreigners not Westerners... Read before blathering on!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, colinneil said:

Danny, you accusing me of spreading fake news?

Only about 5% of people in this village are wearing masks, the vast majority are not.

Most of the none wearers listened to the local monk, spouting off that is is only affecting people in the cities, out here in the sticks it is safe.

I live on the Darkside, Pattaya, as per the thread title. Maybe it's different here, people are much less tied to the Wat.

However, it sounds like your local Pa has got it right, wearing masks is a total waste of time. As I said, I havn't been past my front gate for 3 weeks but if I did, I would wear a mask but only to placate the locals. Nothing wrong with that.

1 hour ago, JusticeGB said:

I haven't seen any masks for sale in Pattaya for the last 6 weeks so how can i buy one!

Go for an early evening walk along the beach front between pratumnak and Jomtien, there were a lot of stalls selling masks.

7 minutes ago, ianezy0 said:

Go for an early evening walk along the beach front between pratumnak and Jomtien, there were a lot of stalls selling masks.

One of our friends, on the Darkside, has a laundry, clothing repair shop. She is now making masks and doing good business. Choose your own materials and she can make you a mask whilst you wait. Same as Prayut's. 30 baht and becoming a real fashion accessory for the locals.

Edited by DannyCarlton

43 minutes ago, MoD1977 said:

I doubt that will be allowed to open.

4 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

One of our friends, on the Darkside, has a laundry, clothing repair shop. She is now making masks and doing good business. Choose your own materials and she can make you a mask whilst you wait. Same as Prayut's. 30 baht and becoming a real fashion accessory for the locals.

You got to hand it to Thai ingenuity. Mind you, I did wonder why I had a mask shaped hole in the back of one of my laundered shirts!

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Prayut's. 30 baht and becoming a real fashion accesory for the locals.

some faces are better               left               .

fill in the blanks ????

The CDC in US now recommends wearing a mask.

"In light of this new evidence, CDC recommends wearing cloth face coverings in public settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain (e.g., grocery stores and pharmacies) especially in areas of significant community-based transmission."

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/cloth-face-cover.html

Edited by Peterw42

12 minutes ago, ianezy0 said:

You got to hand it to Thai ingenuity. Mind you, I did wonder why I had a mask shaped hole in the back of one of my laundered shirts!

ok I made this joke before but maybe not so funny after all

buy ladies bra - cut in two - make straps - you'll look like a tit but probably quite functional especially if you add the stuffing 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Manager's article pointed the finger at foreigners for being largely responsible for spreading the virus.

You mean the very same foreigners that made your  city what it is? in my eyes  of  course its a bit of a  dump but each to their own.

However, thanks for that I'll make  sure I tell every foreigner I  know to not set foot in Pattaya again.

22 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Where darkside, would like a custom mask.

2 minutes ago, gunderhill said:

You mean the very same foreigners that made your  city what it is? in my eyes  of  course its a bit of a  dump but each to their own.

However, thanks for that I'll make  sure I tell every foreigner I  know to not set foot in Pattaya again.

You gunna send em all an email or just have a cry on facebook ?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, smedly said:

ok I made this joke before but maybe not so funny after all

buy ladies bra - cut in two - make straps - you'll look like a tit but probably quite functional especially if you add the stuffing 

Nah, still not funny...lol

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, gunderhill said:

Foreigners could be Chinese. He didn't state Farangs.