Pattaya considers total lockdown - people can't leave or enter, possible fines if not wearing a mask outside

rooster59

5 minutes ago, gunderhill said:

Foreigners, what's  the difference a  Farang is a foreigner.

Now don't get your leather shorts in a twist. The OP stated Foreigners are responsible for the virus, not farangs. Your reply, in your usual Thai bashing way was to twist it into Ferangs are responsible for the virus...lol

• Like 1

As regards the totally exploitive 20,000Bt fines directed solely at foreigners, well it's just the usual and ever growing xenophobic bigotry that is Thailand's attitude to us in ever way.  We all know that exists and its blatant right from the first year or 2 of living here.

But I m with Danny Carlton, regards Thais wearing face masks.  Well before Cv-19 I ve noticed the wearing of them was a growing trend, almost a ridiculous fashion accessory (like teeth braces).  Every where you went six months ago you'd see loads of Thais with them on outside or even inside supermarkets, shopping malls etc.

I ve spent time during the past month both down here in the Pattaya/Jomtien area and up in Udon Thani and I'd say that the majority of Thais were wearing masks and now do more so. Everywhere.

I ve even comment to friends back home, if this might be a reason for the rather low rate of mortality to CV-19.
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, ianezy0 said:

Now don't get your leather shorts in a twist. The OP stated Foreigners are responsible for the virus, not farangs. Your reply, in your usual Thai bashing way was to twist it into Ferangs are responsible for the virus...lol

the covid disease does originate from laboratories in either China or the USA so technically foreigners are to blame.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, z42 said:

No evidence of masks being effective at stopping the spread of any diseases.

An appalling abuse of power if this is put into effect. 

Love how the article solely blames foreigners and only foreigners will be fined. So nice to be so welcome!

3 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

the covid disease does originate from laboratories in either China or the USA so technically foreigners are to blame.

The accepted theory is that wild bats in Hubei developed a mutation of other coronaviruses and passed it on to the local pangolin, which were sold in Wuhan and eaten by the lcals who developed what we now know as COVID-19. The laborotory route was a conspiracy theory developed by US conspiracy theorists (who else).

• Like 2

Just now, DannyCarlton said:

The accepted theory is that wild bats in Hubei developed a mutation of other coronaviruses and passed it on to the local pangolin, which were sold in Wuhan and eaten by the lcals who developed what we now know as COVID-19.

Very convenient theory.

3 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

The accepted theory is that wild bats in Hubei developed a mutation of other coronaviruses and passed it on to the local pangolin, which were sold in Wuhan and eaten by the lcals who developed what we now know as COVID-19. The laborotory route was a conspiracy theory developed by US conspiracy theorists (who else).

So if it wasn't for the wild bats in Hubei, your laundry lady would still be washing clothes and not manufacturing designer masks!

9 minutes ago, gunderhill said:

So foreigners arent farangs and farangs arent foreigners, I don't think so.

So any white male from let's  say the UK is a Farang only  but not a foreigner.

it doesn't matter - he is creating an "us and them division" 

all initiatives combating this outbreak should not be targeting one particular section of the general public - it should encompass all in equal measure 

Although it does offer some insight as to what some of the challenged actually think of foreigners with little thought given to the fact we are responsible for over 20% of the countries GDP

the mayor would do well to remind himself that there would be no Pattaya without us

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pilotman said:

I do not recognise that description at all. Although I do not believe they are much use at all,  I wear a mask in deference to the local population and I have been treated with kindness and respect when out shopping for essentials. They could not be more helpful, actually more than they normally are. 

Read "Thaiger" reports on infections in Phuket.....they go something like this.

Case #1 Aom a market stall holder living with her family of 12 from Patong, spoke to a Farang in Lotus.

Case #2 Somchai a builder, worked on a Farang house

Etc etc etc

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Thian said:

Maybe you should open your eyes a bit if possible?

Why would you think that now even the US and Europe are starting to wear masks??? Because they sure stop the virus from spreading like crazy! You think anybody on the world would wear them for fun?

You might be able to read English words my good friend, but apparently have a degree of difficulty connecting all the dots in a paragraph that forms the thought. As a former Health & Safety Consultant for the Ontario Public Service,

if anything it appears I was uncharacteristically too polite and respectful when I gave my father <deleted> for not wearing one. To be specific, the problem with this particular illness is that perhaps someone like you might not be aware they have it while spreading it across the land like little Johnny Appleseed planting apple trees.

I guess it's my experience with people that I had to explain that lead doesn't radiate like Kryptonite so they wouldn't worry as much about becoming more retarded that I'm in complete agreement with enforcement.

Since quoting the latest guideline that the CDC came out with though, from what I remember you should have included that because of the shortage, they're recommending almost anything covering open spaces between the ears.

Hopefully I made myself clearer. It has been fun and I'm looking forward to being punished again for being inflamed myself. Such is life       

Without a Grandstanding photo opp and large plastic banner ,these police have no idea how to and when to enforce any laws...''why bother if no one is watching attitude''

Edited by mok199
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, silent said:

Since quoting the latest guideline that the CDC came out with though, from what I remember you should have included that because of the shortage, they're recommending almost anything covering open spaces between the ears.

Stop the blah blah dude...above is the only sentence that makes sense.

And why can those highly educated medical professionals that we have in the West, ones from the best universities of the world not even prepare for a pandemic which even my dead grandma could have seen coming since december???

They lost ALL credability and i don't understand why people like you still pay attention to their advices.

The western medics have F-ed this up! Resulting in loads of deads in the western world.

Those folks make 500.000 euro a year in Europe, do you think they are still worth that huge salary?

• Like 1

Just now, mok199 said:

Without a photo opp and large plastic banner ,these police have no idea how to and when to enforce any laws...''why bother if no one is watching attitude''

There have already been vague threats to bring in the army. There was a lot going on at a very high level just before the outbreak. Maybe a back door route to taking us back to the good old days post 2015.