Pattaya considers total lockdown - people can't leave or enter, possible fines if not wearing a mask outside

rooster59

31 minutes ago, baansgr said:

Read "Thaiger" reports on infections in Phuket.....they go something like this.

Case #1 Aom a market stall holder living with her family of 12 from Patong, spoke to a Farang in Lotus.

Case #2 Somchai a builder, worked on a Farang house

Etc etc etc

That proves nothing 

to be fair they do seem to be consistent on their mask seriousness.... Ive worn my half face gas mask in immigration, 'the bank' and shopping malls and nobody has harassed me over it, most people treating me normally.  The odd stare from people not wearing any kind of mask

2 relatives back home have covid but Ive not been back in 2 years

I wonder if this farrang gets commended for wearing a Particulate filter mask to prevent contracting the virus?

????

With a total lockdown how does one get to hospital if I’ll? How to get to supermarkets? I hear they also want to shut the outdoor markets. If they do how do ordinary Thais get food? Outdoor markets don’t have air conditioning which is a major virus spreader. 

20 minutes ago, CiderFizz said:

With a total lockdown how does one get to hospital if I’ll? How to get to supermarkets? I hear they also want to shut the outdoor markets. If they do how do ordinary Thais get food? Outdoor markets don’t have air conditioning which is a major virus spreader. 

Ambulance.... for once they won't get stuck behind a guy in a Fortuna that refuses to pull over!

5 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Manager's article pointed the finger at foreigners for being largely responsible for spreading the virus.

False narrative. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, rooster59 said:

They reported that any foreigners outside without a mask on could be fined 20,000 baht.

I presume that Thais are exempt since they have no money to pay.  Yes, the Chinese did bring in the virus.  Thailand knew they had it in January but they did not stop tourism then.  Now they are planning to pick on all farangs in punishment.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jimmjam said:

Does foreigners include chinese too?

Of course. I know there is a serious anti-farang sentiment in the air, but it doesn't preclude Chinese either. Thais simply don't like any foreigners, irrespective of where they come from. There is hardly much love between Thais and Chinese, except at the government level.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thian said:

Stop the blah blah dude...above is the only sentence that makes sense.

And why can those highly educated medical professionals that we have in the West, ones from the best universities of the world not even prepare for a pandemic which even my dead grandma could have seen coming since december???

They lost ALL credability and i don't understand why people like you still pay attention to their advices.

The western medics have F-ed this up! Resulting in loads of deads in the western world.

Those folks make 500.000 euro a year in Europe, do you think they are still worth that huge salary?

What? Covering the open spaces between your ears, or the complete void? 

5 hours ago, GordyS said:

WHEN will our embassies step in to stop this madness?

I'm furious, this is going to cost lives soon

I'm all for the threat of military intervention from the west to stop this victimisation 

They are literally putting targets on our backs

What exactly do you recomend they do, basicly they can do nothing, o please a lot better than the asians being attacked in the states and the UK and those people are citizens

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, uwe_rayong said:

Many Thais I see even have a mask on when sitting in there own car alone or with there children.
So they clearly not understand the concept why they should were the mask. 

They understand very well, the mask protects them from all evil in the world.

Edited by Mak25

9 minutes ago, moe666 said:

What exactly do you recomend they do, basicly they can do nothing, o please a lot better than the asians being attacked in the states and the UK and those people are citizens

the simple truth is - when a country starts making laws and rules that don't apply to everyone equally they have lost it completely - it is nothing more than vicious racism and will turn people against each other - not only will foreigners become victims to this deadly virus but we will become victims of rampant racism sanctioned by the government - yes there are visa rules but is entirely different  

1 hour ago, mlmcleod said:

I presume that Thais are exempt since they have no money to pay.  Yes, the Chinese did bring in the virus.  Thailand knew they had it in January but they did not stop tourism then.  Now they are planning to pick on all farangs in punishment.

Yes, I sense a "Corona Tax" coming for all farang for next year's visa.   ????

6 hours ago, darksidedog said:

That's surely a step too far! Foreigners are being treated like plague carriers whose only intent is to infect and kill the locals? BS!

I wonder if European countries are victimising foreigners for their Corvid issues or are we just being targeted by a racist regime here in Thailand.

It's about time our joint embassies sent an open letter to the government to ask them politely show some humanity.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

So what is the total fine, for a foreigner, who removes his mask, lights a cigarette, on the beach, at curfew.

So there it is, the full blown nuclear option   :omfg:

6 hours ago, z42 said:

No evidence of masks being effective at stopping the spread of any diseases.

An appalling abuse of power if this is put into effect. 

This is because of your kind of stupid lie that EU is so affected.

So ridiculous when whole Asia has shown that masks save lives !

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

The accepted theory is that wild bats in Hubei developed a mutation of other coronaviruses and passed it on to the local pangolin, which were sold in Wuhan and eaten by the lcals who developed what we now know as COVID-19. The laborotory route was a conspiracy theory developed by US conspiracy theorists (who else).

Pretty disgusting either way!

6 hours ago, hotelbri said:

Serious question !!!

Do any posters KNOW of any expats their partners or family who actually are experiencing symptoms of this virus ?,

My friend arrived in TH from UK 2-3 weeks ago. Self-quarantined at home, showed mild symptoms 2-3 days later. Tested positive for the virus and has been quarantined at Siriraj. Still positive but with a low virus load he was released last week but is required to further self-quarantine at home for 2 weeks.

16 minutes ago, Mak25 said:

My friend arrived in TH from UK 2-3 weeks ago. Self-quarantined at home, showed mild symptoms 2-3 days later. Tested positive for the virus and has been quarantined at Siriraj. Still positive but with a low virus load he was released last week but is required to further self-quarantine at home for 2 weeks.

So, he may have been asymptomatic but contagious, for around 7 days prior to the symptoms.  That would put him as catching it in the UK, or maybe from the traveling. 

If catching it in the UK, some of the people around him on the plane have then gone on to spread the disease, prior to getting sick themselves, and they could have went to Phuket, Samui, Chiang Mai, anywhere in Thailand.   

Edited by Leaver