Problems resulting from a 24hr curfew

Brunolem

On 4/4/2020 at 12:13 PM, AlexO said:

What part of "stay in your house/room" is not getting through. If they sit outside then they are joined by others and the party starts. 

We stay on our property which means that we sit on our front porch which is about 20 metres from our front fence which has a locked gate on it and we are abiding by the curfew. We are not roaming freely around the streets and we are not having any guests or parties. All properties are different and yes some of them is  with the curfew you do not leave your room. It all depends on the type of the property

On 4/4/2020 at 12:11 PM, Brunolem said:

A curfew means staying indoors.

Anyway, at 4 in a room and, say, 6 rooms on one floor, that would be 24 persons sitting outside in front of their rooms...what would happen to social distancing?

I don’t know why you are panicking when it hasn’t yet been introduced and you don't  even know the provisions will be.

Even with the current overnight curfew there are exemptions.

Considering what I have observed over the years I have lived here a majority of Thai people seem to buy their food either fresh or cooked on a daily basis.

So unless the government wishes people to starve or bring about a huge cultural change this issue would need to be addressed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, metempsychotic said:

I think this remark explains the majority hysterical posts on this board.

Half the forum is hammered and repeat posting their fear.

"Half the forum is hammered and repeat posting their fear."

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy: 2 hours ago it was 105 at my house and THAT is grounds for an ice cold beer anywhere, with or without a virus hanging around and ain't no one hammered or posting any fear. Get a grip mate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, metempsychotic said:

I think this remark explains the majority hysterical posts on this board.

Half the forum is hammered and repeat posting their fear.

I am not hammered, neither am fearful but very shortly I will be having a few glasses of a very nice chilled Australian white wine.

Just waiting for the sun to disappear over the hills into Burma and beyond.

• Like 1

Anyway, at 4 in a room and, say, 6 rooms on one floor, that would be 24 persons sitting outside in front of their rooms...what would happen to social distancing?

Gee, I better go and get more people to come and stay so that the numbers that you quote a true. You are talking rubbish. Our home is 7 rooms and there are only 3 of us. We can sit outside on the upstairs balcony or the downstairs porch and we are abiding by the curfew. You are only describing what is required in hotels, condos and apartment buildings and not stand alone house on a fenced property

14 minutes ago, StevieAus said:

I don’t know why you are panicking when it hasn’t yet been introduced and you don't  even know the provisions will be.

There is a difference between panicking and preparing yourself.

Generally, it is those who are not prepared who panic...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

Gee, I better go and get more people to come and stay so that the numbers that you quote a true. You are talking rubbish. Our home is 7 rooms and there are only 3 of us. We can sit outside on the upstairs balcony or the downstairs porch and we are abiding by the curfew. You are only describing what is required in hotels, condos and apartment buildings and not stand alone house on a fenced property

That is because you didn't read the previous posts.

What you quote is in reference to the Thai workers who live at 3 or 4 in simple rooms, in buildings where these rooms are next to each other...the equivalent of these "mansions" were many reside in Pattaya, for example...

On 4/4/2020 at 11:30 AM, bkk6060 said:

They have lived that way for years.

What a total fabrication and scare mongering.

Have you noticed how many Thais hang out in air-conditioned malls? They aren't all there to buy things. They are also free to leave their crowded accomodation at any time. But I'm sure they would appreciate your empathy with them.

• Like 2

Same thing as sitting 4 or 6 to a room!

On 4/4/2020 at 12:48 PM, Metropolitian said:

Well it is not impossible.

There were people dying from heart attack and another from diabetics. Their blood tested positive for covid19. But perhaps to keep the numbers low the cause of death was not linked to the current pandemic.

The other way round as in the picture, he who went trough the windscreen have all his veins scratched open before being stampeded by buffallos and finaly rand over by an samlor and then have his blood examined and the result was positive for covid19.

What would the cause of death be?

Death by seriously bad luck?