How to safely reuse your sanitary and N95 face masks

rooster59

16 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I wish I was a Thai lawyer. I'd be looking forward to steady income from all the paternity suits.

Our prime minister is an expert at dodging paternity suits. Single use coffee cups are carefully disposed.....even before getting a single use.

Edited by meltingpot2015

On 4/4/2020 at 3:50 PM, kevin612 said:

How can Thai people afford UV-C sterilisers? Most of them can’t even afford N95 masks.

bigclivedotcom is an interesting resource, behind understanding/respecting UV-C 

hqdefault.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEZCNACELwBSFXyq4qpAwsIARUAAIhCGAFwAQ==&rs=AOn4CLDE7sb8GV4xaYo-kQKK2NqEv8Y_tw 

4 hours ago, JimmyTheMook said:

Sherm, you need N95 for real protection.

Understood, but for day to day use I find the surgical mask OK. I'll use the N95 if I'm on the airplane or for some reason need to be in a place with mass gatherings., like the immigration. N95 cost about 19 USD for 10pcs, you can get Surgical masks for 100pcs for about 35 USD. It's a crime that they are so expensive.

I use an ozone genterator to steralize my mask.

It does attach the rubber strap though

My mask is a P100 mask

I dont know if it damages the filters to be honest. I believe it doesnt as a test i exposed one to highly concentrated ozone for an hour and opened it. It seemed to be intact.

ozone is a poison. this should be done outdoors . put the hose from ozone generator into a semi sealed box with the filters