Thailand reports 89 new coronavirus cases, one more death

Thailand reports 89 new coronavirus cases, one more death

2020-04-04T045329Z_1_LYNXMPEG3304R_RTROPTP_4_HEALTH-CORONAVIRUS-THAILAND-CURFEW.JPG

Military police and police officers wearing protective masks question people at a checkpoint, after a curfew was imposed to prevent the spread of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), in Bangkok, Thailand April 3, 2020. REUTERS/Athit Perawongmetha

BANGKOK (Reuters) - Thailand reported 89 new coronavirus cases and one more death on Saturday.

The latest numbers from the government's Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration took the total in the southeast Asian nation to 2,067. Twenty people have died.

(Reporting by Patpicha Tanakasempipat; editing by Jane Wardell)

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2020-04-04

28 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

Right, it's going down... Get those Chinese tourists back in !!!

But should they come from the originally infected areas, or the new ones that are springing up now that they're relaxing the restrictions, lol?

1 hour ago, cornishcarlos said:

Tests ?? Now you say... No-one told them they were supposed to be testing !!!

Right,no law says you have to test and if you choose to test no law says how much you have to test or is there?Are there international obligations binding enough to force testing or to even care for or about one's citizen's well being?Way over my head those answers.With the WHO patting Thailand on the head for it's handling of the pandemic who knows?Maybe even the WHO maybe liable for their seemingly erroneous advice not to restrict international travel when it was still possible to contain the outbreak in the early days.Davross the dithering Dalek seemed more concerned about economics than human survival.Where's Doctor Who when you need him? 

Edited by FarFlungFalang

I don't know if it's my phone causing the problem but those graphs are woefull to say the least. Can I assume they are parts of more fuller graphs at world meters....which I clicked on and saw many different things but nothing similar. ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kevin612 said:

I think the peak is over, tmr probably around 75 cases.

I hate to burst your bubble but the figures are not a true representation of the true situation. I am sure it is not going down, judging by every other country that has contracted the virus Thailand is just at the beginning. If you look at the USA it has over 277,000 cases but they have conducted nearly 1.4 million tests. Thailand has 2067 cases but has only tested 339 in the entire country! you can see this data on the worldometer which is used for pretty much all countries data for all news medias, google it and see for yourself. i would strongly advise staying in until this blows over, you do not want to be catching this viruse, especially if you are of a more mature age or if you have any medical conditions such as diabetes. stay safe, good luck..

• Like 2