Thailand reports 89 new coronavirus cases, one more death

2 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

thats old news fella. Yes vulnerable people are at risk but its killing people of all ages many in perfect health.

While I'm in agreement with the vulnerable people scenario, it's extremely unlikely that the majority of the population are in perfect health because such a perfect condition doesn't exist. We all begin to deteriorate one way or another from early age, some sooner than others. What is more accurate is to state no obvious medical disease symptoms identified at point of death, or similar. 

Nit picking, I know, and clearly not a life situation anyone of any age could imagine as being their mortality date earlier than anticipated. On that note, it's clear that the immune system failed those people who would consider themselves as being healthy - clearly for whatever health reasons they weren't able to survive the virus onslaught.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, GAZZPA said:

there is a big difference between "painty a gloomy picture" and getting to grips with the facts. This is a very serious issue, one like we have never seen,, fact, face it, treat is seriously. I would 100% rather be in the UK then in a country that cant even test people to understand the spread. Also I would rather be here (in the UK) because I know what the situation is, there is very clear advice and should things go wrong for me and I contract it i have medical help on my doorstep without the demand of 20,000 baht just to step in the door. Im glad you were not around to fight the war instead of my Grandfather.... 

Some people have decent insurance in LOS. If I or my family need medical assistance then we simply get it. Unconditionally, everything covered. I much rather be in Thailand right now than in the west where the situation is much more grim and where the chance of contracting this virus is way higher. And... to each his own. I just wish people wouldn't be so derogatory towards others and the country they're currently staying in. It's painfully disrespectful and serves no purpose. And leave wars out of it. This pandemic is bad enough as it is.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Wavel said:

Their is less people that have been tested for Covid 19 here in Thailand than have died in the UK. Thank your lucky stars that your here.

We haven't even begun our infection cycle yet. That will happen soon, and I'd rather be in Vietnam right now, that's a fact. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, stephenterry said:

While I'm in agreement with the vulnerable people scenario, it's extremely unlikely that the majority of the population are in perfect health because such a perfect condition doesn't exist. We all begin to deteriorate one way or another from early age, some sooner than others. What is more accurate is to state no obvious medical disease symptoms identified at point of death, or similar.

You're seeing it backwards. People who do fall in the category of having a perfect health are also getting very sick from this virus. Nothing we do can protect us from getting sick apart from social distancing and waiting this out until there's either a cure or a vaccine, or both. This virus simply doesn't discriminate and every single human being is at serious risk of getting either really sick or dying in this pandemic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

Thanks for pointing this out. I previously asked folks here when they had their last full checkup. Crickets. 

Diabetes f.ex. is one of the risk conditions. Which is tightly connected to obesity. If one takes a look at how people have gotten fatter in the last few decades, it's obvious diabetes and pre-diabetes are rampant, as often reported in the news. Same goes for high blood pressure, etc, etc. 

4 minutes ago, AgentSmith said:

You're seeing it backwards. People who do fall in the category of having a perfect health are also getting very sick from this virus. Nothing we do can protect us from getting sick apart from social distancing and waiting this out until there's either a cure or a vaccine, or both. This virus simply doesn't discriminate and every single human being is at serious risk of getting either really sick or dying in this pandemic.

People are getting sick because their immune system is not perfectly healthy. That's factual, and there are many avenues to improve immune systems to the maximum your body can realise - e.g. high nutritional diet, no obesity etc etc.. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

goodness. Have you been keeping up with current affairs? People are dying a lot, the best estimate right now is 3.5% of people are dying, it is dangerous for everyone. We all have to do our bit to avoid infection of yourself and in turn our families and so forth. Time to face facts fella and wake up! This is not overblown news hype, we are in a global pandemic, it is a very contagious disease that can make you very sick. As for hidden agenda well most of the world is trashing its economies in order to tackle the virus. So are you suggesting that all the leaders of all the countries in the world have a secret agenda that all the people cannot know? WAKE UP AND STOP BEING A BUFFOON!

Sounds like you are the one in need of a wake-up call. So yourself a favour and watch the video before commenting, however inanely, again.

Edited by Krataiboy
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, AgentSmith said:

There's too many deaf ears and blind eyes. Some won't believe how deadly this virus is until people are starting to collapse around them. Perfectly healthy and fit people and not just the sick and elderly. Let's just hope they get so wrapped up in their conspiracy theories that we don't have to deal with them anymore.

What was the average age of those who died in Italy? I think you will find it was 78.5

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, spermwhale said:

Have you thought maybe they are not testing that many because not many people are showing up at hospital with symptoms? If you have symptoms they will test you. 

According to the G/F yesterday, they are telling people not to turn up to the hospital unless you are really sick?

4 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Right, it's going down... Get those Chinese tourists back in !!!

Clearly Thailand won't be hit as strong as Europe.

Why so much drama here when nothing happened yet ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Ian C HH said:

I’m not 100 percent sure that the numbers tested is much of an indicator here. Logic dictates the more you test the more will bee confirmed positive, so it will be tough to identify a trend ( either growth or decline) just by positive tests. Wouldn’t it? 
however DEATHS can’t be hidden I hope, so reported deaths can show a trend, and daily deaths an even better one. With one massive caveat- we just despatched thousands of potentially positive cases up to Isaan and the North, it’ll take 5 to 25 days for the worst ones to manifest themselves into new daily deaths. So best keep the restrictions in place until THOSE numbers flow into the statistics don’t you think? 

yes for sure, things can be hidden in a country with 50 millions mobile phones at least...

so funny.

• Haha 1

I’m not saying we should not worry - but my ex home country- similar population had over 600 deaths yesterday- they get shouted at by the police if they even open their front doors. 
Put things into perspective- less conspiracies.

I'm more concerned we are running out of water . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Am I the only one or others than me experience electric shortance in power? (Yes, its covid-19 related)

normal I can pull out 8-10kw on the meter per hour, now only 2-3kw an hour last 2 weeks. 

my theory are since more than normal ppl stay home and use their aircon/water pump and so on, more now have to share.

can hardly cool Down the house and might only get worse if the 24h curfew starts. 

• Like 1