Thailand reports 89 new coronavirus cases, one more death

If we assume that the number of performed daily tests is what is reported, 339 and 89 of those, on a given day, was postive and also assume that they did those tests in a random way that would mean that, statistical, about 1/4 of the people living in Thailad that day had catch the virus.

• Haha 1

What is not known in Thailand are the number of cases and deaths in the small villages where lock down, yes I know not all villages, is being enforced. Its no different in some parts of Europe where the number of cases and deaths are from hospitals. The UK and French governments are now getting the figures from care home and at home deaths but they are not included in the daily figures. Both the BBC and Sky are now stating that.

6 minutes ago, PaDavid said:

It’s looking increasingly like the virus doesn’t flourish in heat. Does this mean we’ll feel the brunt of it come November?

Tell that to the people in hot and tropical Guayaquil Ecuador now dealing with six day old rotting corpses in their houses and streets.

Recent weather there, in the 90s F and high humidity.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Swimfan said:

Current available test stats indicate test numbers in Thailand just under 24k Australia is at 245k with a third of the population of Thailand their testing rate is pathetic to say the least. 

*Your figures are incorrect, the numbers of people that have been tested are much higher than you claim. Even if you provide a link or source from the government I will still not believe you because everything I think, I believe as fact and will not be convinced otherwise

*this comment was published to show those who constantly question govt just how pathetic they look when arguing their 'points'. I hope that when they read it from the opposite angle, the penny might finally drop ???? but unfortunately, I doubt it

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, AgentSmith said:

Some people have decent insurance in LOS. If I or my family need medical assistance then we simply get it. Unconditionally, everything covered. I much rather be in Thailand right now than in the west where the situation is much more grim and where the chance of contracting this virus is way higher. And... to each his own. I just wish people wouldn't be so derogatory towards others and the country they're currently staying in. It's painfully disrespectful and serves no purpose. And leave wars out of it. This pandemic is bad enough as it is.

Glad you have insurance and i hope if you were to get it they cover you and your family properly in a high quality hospital, Still rather be in a country that helps you no matter. 

I am not labouring the point for fun but you have completely missed my point. People discussing the issues around the worst pandemic in over 100 years is hardly going to be a cheerful topic of conversation. That doesnt mean people are moaning and being negative. I hope that makes sense to you now. Oh and I do not think you have anywhere near the picture of the virus in Thailand at this time. There are a large number of cases here but officially still a very small %age of the population and we know exactly how many cases have been reported in each area by day. So because you no idea where hotstops are and where to avoid i think there is a high risk of you getting it there. Anyway, take it seriously, avoid all the things you already know and stay safe. good luck..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, eeworldwide said:

Im assuming you realise that my post was sarcastic?

for some reason i didn't pick it up. sorry fella, we all have moments where we look stupid.. be safe,,

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

So you believe the numbers to be accurate?

I said all this on yesterdays topic that went on forever, if you really want an answer, read that thread and you will know my stance. I know we all have nothing to do but I wont be repeating myself all over again. Suffice to say, the numbers that we mortals are given are the only ones we have to go on. Whether I believe them or not, is not relevant to the topic. My point is all the ones who do disagree with figures who try to convince everyone who accepts them, that they are wrong. And when said 'experts' who dont accept the figures are asked to provide alternative figures to back their foot stamping tantrums up, they all disappear from the thread. A bit like joecoolfrog here who has just liked your comment. I ran over him last night and reversed back over him with 1 comment because he had nothing to come back with as far as debating goes, so here he is, liking all the comments that oppose my views or ideas and laughing at comments I make. These kind of people shouldnt be allowed social media but I guess playdoh does get expensive after it is eaten constantly.

Im all for having an adult debate about anything and if Im wrong I will put my hands up and admit. What I wont do is make statements that I pass of as facts when I have no proof or evidence that backs my claim(s) up, like all these deniers of the figures quoted. Hope that clears my stance up

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, felicitous said:

Am I the only one or others than me experience electric shortance in power? (Yes, its covid-19 related)

normal I can pull out 8-10kw on the meter per hour, now only 2-3kw an hour last 2 weeks. 

my theory are since more than normal ppl stay home and use their aircon/water pump and so on, more now have to share.

can hardly cool Down the house and might only get worse if the 24h curfew starts. 

Where are you located at?

You might be on to something here.

For 10+ years we have had 241 V at my condo in the center of Bangkok, but because of ur post, I just tested: 226 V.

Could be a looming power shortage. 

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Tell that to the people in hot and tropical Guayaquil Ecuador now dealing with six day old rotting corpses in their houses and streets.

Recent weather there, in the 90s F and high humidity.

Daily temps range from 11-22c, that's not even remotely hot.

Malaysia is probably most representative, and definitely still spreading enough to be a problem, but is on the low side compared to other countries.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Trip Hop said:

If you understood mathematics, then you would understand just how idiotic that statement really is?

Really?  You understand mathematics do you?

What is the average age of these 10 people: 85, 86, 88, 87, 82, 81, 80, 89. 91, 16. ?  It is 78.5

The vast majority in Italy who died were over 80, so let's be generous and say only 6 out of 10 and two teens.

What is the average age of these 10 people: 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 13, 16, 61, 200  ? Again it is 78.5

How much so far, 2 trillion baht, to help the local economy, surely it would cost less than 1 billion baht to test 70,000 a day, but they test 1% of what Germany tests every day, and Germany tests 70,000 a day 

They spend vast amounts, to keep the country virtually closed, and millions losing jobs, doesn’t make any sense, if you believe the numbers they hand out daily

no conspiracy theories, like what we saw from the Chinese communists and their lies, for losing face for Wuhan virus, but surely this motley crew are up to another game, nothing to do with health of a nation 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Dap said:

It is absolutely frightening to see how many posters here believe the virus is retreating. This has a long way to go before it will be safe to be out and about socializing at your favorite night spots the way you did 2 months ago. I would think that the incredibly high numbers of dead and dying folk around the world as well as the overburdened medical facilities and staff might have struck some sense of reality into some of you. You people are downright scary :blink:

And those of you who think this is something to laugh about, let me know how much you are crowing 3 or 4 months from now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Jack Fleming said:

Do you know David Bowie's song? "This is not America"? ????

The problem started with'My little China girl' and in terms of a reasoned and intelligent Government response to expiring visas you may have well have asked 'Is there life on Mars?'

5 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

And just how many were in their teens or twenties that dropped it down to 78.5.  Wow another brilliant person, who does not look at the whole world in general.  This is not just about the Old, the infirm, the very young.  It does not discriminate.  I have lost three friends now in 2 weeks, 2 in the last two days, ages 42, 48, and 60.  My daughter who is an ICU Nurse in Florida has had a 6 month old and a 17 year old boy die in her ward in the last two days as well.  So take a guess again, and tell me it just affects the old.....

COVID-19 Fatality Rate by AGE:

*Death Rate = (number of deaths / number of cases) = probability of dying if infected by the virus (%). This probability differs depending on the age group. The percentages shown below do not have to add up to 100%, as they do NOT represent share of deaths by age group. Rather, it represents, for a person in a given age group, the risk of dying if infected with COVID-19.

confirmed cases
DEATH RATE
all cases
80+ years old
21.9%
14.8%
70-79 years old

8.0%
60-69 years old

3.6%
50-59 years old

1.3%
40-49 years old

0.4%
30-39 years old

0.2%
20-29 years old

0.2%
10-19 years old

0.2%
0-9 years old

no fatalities

In general, relatively few cases are seen among children.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-age-sex-demographics/

4 hours ago, Walter Travolta said:

I see the ones who didnt have dads are out in force again telling everyone that they dont believe any figures we are given and everyone else must be wrong

Do a search and you will discover plenty of well-qualified sceptics with reservations about the official stats. But, as with climate change, the corporate-controlled mass media tends to echo views which toe the official line.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mises said:

Really?  You understand mathematics do you?

What is the average age of these 10 people: 85, 86, 88, 87, 82, 81, 80, 89. 91, 16. ?  It is 78.5

The vast majority in Italy who died were over 80, so let's be generous and say only 6 out of 10 and two teens.

What is the average age of these 10 people: 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 13, 16, 61, 200  ? Again it is 78.5

Ah but if you refer back to the OP's post, you will see that he just said a couple of 200 year olds and the not the range you have used above?  If he had stated the range that you have, I would have agreed with him?  Shame your grasp of common English isn't as good as your alleged Maths?

BTW I have 2 engineering degrees (mechanical and civil), both with a mathematics course content of above 90%.  Apart from a degree in Mathematics itself, they are both some of the very few degrees that actually allow you to teach Mathematics to Advanced Level in the UK without any further training except gaining QTS or a PGCE.  Therefore I think that your average Joe, my ex tutors and my employers would tend to agree that I understand mathematics very well?  Would you like some lessons in calculus, integration, statistics and the like?

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Trip Hop said:

Ah but if you refer back to the OP's post, you will see that he just said a couple of 200 year olds and the not the range you have used above?  If he had stated the range that you have, I would have agreed with him?  Shame your grasp of common English isn't as good as your alleged Maths?

BTW I have 2 engineering degrees (mechanical and civil), both with a mathematics course content of above 90%.  Apart from a degree in Mathematics itself, they are both some of the very few degrees that actually allow you to teach Mathematics to Advanced Level in the UK without any further training except gaining QTS or a PGCE.  Therefore I think that your average Joe, my ex tutors and my employers would tend to agree that I understand mathematics very well?  Would you like some lessons in calculus, integration, statistics and the like?

I have an honours degree in Mechanical Engineering.  So what?  I use my degree productively rather than teach.

1 hour ago, Krataiboy said:

Do a search and you will discover plenty of well-qualified sceptics with reservations about the official stats. But, as with climate change, the corporate-controlled mass media tends to echo views which toe the official line.

I will also find many who think the opposite, thats life. What most people fail to comprehend is that just because their choice of media tells them something, it doesnt make it so. Nearly all news outlets whether TV or newspapers (Broadsheet or Tabloid) have their own agendas. I mean Ive had links thrown at me from CNN and the BBC stating things they have an agenda about. Same with the Daily mail and other righty outlets, just because my politics are right wing it doesnt mean I agree with everything they say, sometimes I find those ridiculous too, because I have an open mind and question everything. 
Same with this virus, all I have done on here inc other topics, when I have challenged people who tell us the figures are incorrect from the government, my opposers immediately say "Well do you believe those numbers?" The fact is, I dont know but because I think things are likely to be covered up, it wouldnt surprise me if the numbers were higher. I actually expect them to become higher after the mass exodus from Mo Chit a week or so ago and if the virus takes two weeks to develop, we are still in that time frame hoping for the best. 

The recent article that said there were 61 new cases in Chonburi got ridiculed by the doom mongers, but in reality, why isnt 61 a valid number for a region? Now dont get me wrong, that figure may only be 61 because of all the people that have left either to the provinces, or farangs returning home, if they had all stayed, then I would agree that 61 was a manufactured figure 100%