BANGKOK
rooster59

Thailand reports 89 new coronavirus cases, one more death

Posted (edited)

here is a link for a hypnosis session to strengthen and help everybody cope with this situation

relax, good luck and all the best for everybody. Emerge from this situation stronger and happier  than ever before

Edited by sweatalot

3 hours ago, Forza2002 said:

Anutin appears to be keeping a low profile these days. Is he in enforced or self isolation?

Maybe he is one of the fatalities that are being covered up! (JOKE)

8 hours ago, robsamui said:

-  OTHER THAN THE FACT THAT'S IT'S NOW BEING TRANSMITTED MAINLY BY SURFACE CONTACT

Citation needed.

Stupid people remain oblivious to what goes on around them.Have to be careful what I write as already had post removed and a warning despite many other posters saying far worse than me.Must have touched a raw nerve somewhere.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, meshborg said:

Stupid people remain oblivious to what goes on around them.Have to be careful what I write as already had post removed and a warning despite many other posters saying far worse than me.Must have touched a raw nerve somewhere.

What did you say ?

• Like 1

This is from my friend. About Koh Samui.

the government just lies and covers up what’s happening.

F7E8C6F5-E183-435A-8F7C-1DD8FC1AB210.jpeg

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Mises said:

I have an honours degree in Mechanical Engineering.  So what?  I use my degree productively rather than teach.

And I do, I run my own company.  Far better monetary rewards than teaching, although I'm not sure about the personal ones? I do enjoy mentoring the juniors though.  Anyway, who said that I teach for a living, I just stated that it qualifies myself to teach at that level?  You do seem to have a terrible habit of reading posts, then misconstruing their content in your desire for an argument or to belittle someone?  Oh and before you try to twist where I earlier stated 'my employers', I'll clarify that as the major contractors that engage the services of myself and my company on a consultancy basis?

3 hours ago, Mises said:

I have an honours degree in Mechanical Engineering.  So what?  I use my degree productively rather than teach.

Oh-hoo, a pissing math contest? While I have done my time with differential N-plane complex maths (hated it, but part of EE), it really requires no more than understanding x^y for epidemics.

My apologies for picking your post but please ya'll, just stop.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, fusion58 said:

Citation needed.

I'm not sure exactly whether the OP is implying that you are more likely to catch it by touching something that has already had the virus transmitted to it but this is exactly what has been implied in the UK from day one and is why to date, they have not really put much emphasis on face masks unless treating someone already infected. The WHO states the following in their report dated 29th March, titled "Modes of transmission of virus causing COVID-19: implications for IPC precaution recommendations":

"Therefore, transmission of the COVID-19 virus can occur by direct contact with infected people and indirect contact with surfaces in the immediate environment or with objects used on the infected person"

Which if you read the report yourself, confirms that it is highly possible to catch it from surfaces that have been contaminated by respiratory droplets from an infected person.

18 hours ago, Jack Fleming said:

Do you know David Bowie's song? "This is not America"? 😉

I was thinking cat people myself.

10 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

COVID-19 Fatality Rate by AGE:

*Death Rate = (number of deaths / number of cases) = probability of dying if infected by the virus (%). This probability differs depending on the age group. The percentages shown below do not have to add up to 100%, as they do NOT represent share of deaths by age group. Rather, it represents, for a person in a given age group, the risk of dying if infected with COVID-19.

confirmed cases
DEATH RATE
all cases
80+ years old
21.9%
14.8%
70-79 years old

8.0%
60-69 years old

3.6%
50-59 years old

1.3%
40-49 years old

0.4%
30-39 years old

0.2%
20-29 years old

0.2%
10-19 years old

0.2%
0-9 years old

no fatalities

In general, relatively few cases are seen among children.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-age-sex-demographics/

While its currently true that the older and those with pre existing conditions succumb to the virus and die, the exceptions to the rule exist and are tragic, the UK had a 5 year old die yesterday https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-52165443

Also a 13 year old with no pre existing conditions a few days ago https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-52150141

Lets hope the younger generation keep fighting off this killer.

15 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Where are you located at?

You might be on to something here.

For 10+ years we have had 241 V at my condo in the center of Bangkok, but because of ur post, I just tested: 226 V.

Could be a looming power shortage. 

Sakon Nakhon, just on the edge of city in village area,, 5km to city center

16 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

17 hours ago, felicitous said:

Am I the only one or others than me experience electric shortance in power? (Yes, its covid-19 related)

normal I can pull out 8-10kw on the meter per hour, now only 2-3kw an hour last 2 weeks. 

my theory are since more than normal ppl stay home and use their aircon/water pump and so on, more now have to share.

can hardly cool Down the house and might only get worse if the 24h curfew starts. 

Where are you located at?

You might be on to something here.

For 10+ years we have had 241 V at my condo in the center of Bangkok, but because of ur post, I just tested: 226 V.

Could be a looming power shortage. 

Sakon Nakhon just on the edge of city in village area, 5km to city center

Posted (edited)

Total cases 2169 -New cases 102 / Deceased 23 / Recovered 674  – 05 April 2020 Source

as usual de standard 100+/- daily new cases

also surprised (not really 555) with the low quantity of tests performed, 23,669 since they don't provide number of tests performed,  on a daily basis,  but  only 23,669 for the past 3 months or they only started to test last week ?

from yesterday numbers

Thailand 2,067   20   674 1,373 23 30 0.3 23,669 339

Edited by Mavideol

23 hours ago, kevin612 said:

I think the peak is over, tmr probably around 75 cases.

It may go up again if everyone relaxes their precautions.