PM orders security forces to track down any returnees evading quarantine

rooster59

Maybe the reason Thais use fortune tellers so often is because of their inability to forsee problems and reactions. Most of us would suspect this could happen. 

Now General Prayuth. Make another order IN ADVANCE that these people are NOT to be released from Sattahip after only 4 days stay. 

• Like 1

There is altogether to much pussy footing around.  Those belligerent travellers should be bought to heel Asap.   Maybe 14 days of breaking rocks at a quarry would smarten em up!  No,  they have knowingly put other citizens at risk.....make it 28 days with a one ton a day quota.

Edited by Grumpy John
BTW
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The escapees might face charges for violating the Emergency Decree on Public Administration BE 2548 and Communicable Disease Act BE 2558”.

I would make that a certainty, and parade them on TV for anyone else who might think it's worth a try!

• Like 1

Why didn't the Junta have the travelers sign an agreement BEFORE paying for and boarding the flight back home..

That would be too much to ask I guess.

I understand quarantine is necessary but these are real people - respect their rights too. I feel for them since it is a management problem not an obedience problem. 

• Sad 1

This news story from the Nation is completely false. The passengers didn't go to government quarantine facilities in Sattahip. There is a video circulating of the army officer telling the crowd that they would be allowed to go home, and to not tell anyone that they were released. Dozens of passengers were recording him on their phones. It's on FB and probably YouTube too. I saw it with my own eyes and understood every word he said. Shame on The Nation for spreading this propaganda!

• Like 1

I wonder when they'll start shooting with live ammo. While measures are necessary, Thai kneejerks and over reactions are legendary.

How about non-stop education in TV and public shaming instead?

"Wanted for idiocy" posters ought to do it. Thais fear nothing more than losing face. Use that cultural flaw to max advantage.

Edited by DrTuner

I just wonder what the headline would read or what would have happened, if one/some of the travellers were "dirty farang"? The mind boggles .........

Lest, if one or more would have been sneaking through ....... 

Edited by Sydebolle
  • Like 1