Where can I buy Dettol?

Why Me

Just now, Vigilante said:
10 minutes ago, Why Me said:

Does anyone know where to get Dettol in Bangkok?

Are you serious?

Absolutely. Disappeared everywhere, pharmacies, Tops (including their generic) and Lazada (unless you are willing to pay one price gouging seller 1,600b).

51 minutes ago, dabhand said:

Yep, out of stock. I placed an order yesterday for a small bottle liquid Dettol for 300b. Order went through at first. Then 5mins. later canceled.

They are advertising  but have none. Blue bottle bleach is your best bet. We tried 6 from lazada and shoppe.  None of them delivered despite saying they had it.

Edited by uncleP

12 hours ago, uncleP said:

They are advertising  but have none. Blue bottle bleach is your best bet. We tried 6 from lazada and shoppe.  None of them delivered despite saying they had it.

Agreed. Smells better too.

Just use bleach.

time to investing reckitt benckeiser .... I managed to get a big 1l bottle outside TH fairly easily

was about 350B. Its mainly used for mopping and disinfecting personal laundry such as towels.

One bottle lasts 6 mths or more with my usage.

It doesn't need to be 'Dettol'. Any disinfectant can do the job - I bought Aro disinfectant and only the scent is slightly different but at half the price.

As for hand sanitizer - 90 baht for the small bottle of Gel is ridiculous. I prefer an alchohol spray (I picked up a litre of isopropyl for about 220 baht) with a bit of oil and Aloe gel mixed in; great for spraying trolley handles too.

Thanks all. I just like to have a supply of Dettol liquid for cuts and wounds emergencies and to disinfect stuff. 

In any case, I finally found a supplier on Lazada who didn't cancel right after. Fingers crossed I'll get the bottle. I paid a stupid price but just don't feel safe without the stuff handy.

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, james.d said:

Tesco lotus has their own brand dettol back in stock it seems, l got some now at a mid-sized store today in Watcharaphon Sai Mai.

That Tesco stuff has a funny smell to it, not at all like Dettol.

Used that once, diluted in a bucket to mop a floor, thought there was a dead animal somewhere in the house till I figured it was the Tesco stuff :shock1: