Location during lockdown

22 minutes ago, saminoz said:

24 Hour lockdown is a ridiculous proposition.

They are idiots to consider it.

What about getting food and medicines?

Not really idiots as other countries have introduced this. And you would be allowed out to get food etc as Thais do need their fresh veg and meats. I would expect to see a time limit of some description for this, once a day between certain hours? and maybe just one person from the household to do it. Could be worse like the Philippines where anyone over 60 must stay in the house and is not allowed out at all!! With very strict curfews enforced. 

Just have to wait and see.  

• Like 2

Not quite true. Seniors still can get a quarantine passport easily for free. In Robinson grocery shop for example, they even have their own "speed" lane, so no long waiting at the entrance. Everyone has to wear masks and is tested for fever. 

4 minutes ago, PeachCH said:

Not quite true. Seniors still can get a quarantine passport easily for free. In Robinson grocery shop for example, they even have their own "speed" lane, so no long waiting at the entrance. Everyone has to wear masks and is tested for fever. 

Beg your pardon. I should have said that any farang over 60 is not allowed out. My friend over there is going stir crazy at the moment. His wife is okay to go out but not him.

• Confused 1

And... In Manila, one person per family can get a quarantine pass. Shops like grocery, pharmacy and some banks are open. From 8pm to 5am is a total curvew. Since 2 weeks now, another week ahead and another 2 weeks in the pipeline. But one get used to this circumstances. 

2 minutes ago, worrab said:

Beg your pardon. I should have said that any farang over 60 is not allowed out. My friend over there is going stir crazy at the moment. His wife is okay to go out but not him.

Yes, but I am 75 years old. When I applied for the quarantine pass at the barangay, nobody asked for my age. And the fast lane at the grocery shop, is for seniors! Don't know where your friend is living. I live in Manila. Should go to his Barangy. 

4 minutes ago, PeachCH said:

Yes, but I am 75 years old. When I applied for the quarantine pass at the barangay, nobody asked for my age. And the fast lane at the grocery shop, is for seniors! Don't know where your friend is living. I live in Manila. Should go to his Barangy. 

Have passed this on. Many thanks.

1 hour ago, saminoz said:

24 Hour lockdown is a ridiculous proposition.

They are idiots to consider it.

What about getting food and medicines?

This is a typical overreaction to their inability to enforce the simple social distancing and existing curfew.

As usual, the draconian threat of 2 years in jail for curfew breakers just makes them look as ridiculous as they really, really are!

Good lord, of course you won’t starve. Lockdown means only leaving home for absolute essentials, food, medicines, administration.  Food shops and chemists remain open at restricted hours. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

True, Australia started social distancing and then lockdown pretty quickly and the rate of new infections and deaths has been quite low.

Only 34 total deaths nationally to date.

Five have been from one old people nursing home where initially they didn't follow the distancing directives and eight have come from cruise ships which did a poor job of hygiene etc.

34 less 13 = just 21 deaths nationally.  Social distancing and lockdown works (but of course people (preferably only one person per household can go out to buy groceries, medicines, etc.).

image.png

Edited by scorecard

If you're an expat you're supposed to stay where you are registered officially at your local Immigration. Where a stranded tourist will stay is another question. Maybe under a bridge somewhere when they close the hotels. ????

But imo, a 24 hour curfew won't happen. 

59 minutes ago, PeachCH said:

And... In Manila, one person per family can get a quarantine pass. Shops like grocery, pharmacy and some banks are open. From 8pm to 5am is a total curvew. Since 2 weeks now, another week ahead and another 2 weeks in the pipeline. But one get used to this circumstances. 

Its kind of like that in Dubai, you need a police approval to leave home or your in trouble.

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

True, Australia started social distancing and then lockdown pretty quickly and the rate of new infections and deaths has been quite low.

Five have been from one old people nursing home where initially they didn't follow the distancing directives and eight have come from cruise ships which did a poor job of hygiene etc.

Fine...but now the question is: when does it stop?

Has the Australian government provided target numbers to the population, or is it running blind, having no idea where it is leading the country (like almost all the other governments)?

Even convicts know exactly how long they are going to be locked...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Brunolem said:

Fine...but now the question is: when does it stop?

Has the Australian government provided target numbers to the population, or is it running blind, having no idea where it is leading the country (like almost all the other governments)?

Even convicts know exactly how long they are going to be locked...

Yes Australia has mapped out many data items from the start and it's all been very public. But the PM and other senior ministers have realized the way the numbers have been presented may have been a bit difficult to understand, so from late afternoon tomorrow, then same time every day there will be a session (I guess on TV) to show and explain the data and changes etc. 

At the moment the number of new infections is going down quite a bit every day.

When the PM, the health minister etc., are asked 'when will it end' they are deliberately very vague. It seems that they are deliberately going to keep up social distancing / lockdown etc., for at least 30 / 60 days.

They also realize that the current situation is doing a lot of damage to the economy which needs to rebuild as quickly as possible. 

Edited by scorecard

23 minutes ago, scorecard said:

When the PM, the health minister etc., are asked 'when will it end' they are deliberately very vague. It seems that they are deliberately going to keep up social distancing / lockdown etc., for at least 30 / 60 days.

They also realize that the current situation is doing a lot of damage to the economy which needs to rebuild as quickly as possible. 

It is the same everywhere...they have no idea of when and how to get out of the lockdown!

The problem is that you cannot have the economy running with a half or a quarter of a lockdown...either it is running or it is not, but it cannot run on 2 or 3 wheels only.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, scorecard said:

34 less 13 = just 21 deaths nationally.  Social distancing and lockdown works (but of course people (preferably only one person per household can go out to buy groceries, medicines, etc.).

image.png

And yes 84% are imported from overseas travels or cruise ships

4 hours ago, Max69xl said:

If you're an expat you're supposed to stay where you are registered officially at your local Immigration. Where a stranded tourist will stay is another question. Maybe under a bridge somewhere when they close the hotels. ????

But imo, a 24 hour curfew won't happen. 

OK. And what happens when you cannot come back where you are registered officially, because one province has decided a lockdown and nobody can go in or out of this province ?

This is Thailand. What happens in one part of the country does not hold water in other parts of the country. Anyway for Thailand to extract bahts out of a tourist, they will. There will be check stops and opportunities for the powers that be to collect some "tea money" from the tourists.