BANGKOK
patsfangr

Therapeutics Will End The Panic

10 minutes ago, patsfangr said:

the sky is not falling. We'll come out on the other side of this without a worldwide depression.

If what you are saying happens, I agree.

Otherwise, I fear a worldwide depression is the only result.

Apparently there are more solutions:

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1157725-coronavirus-anti-parasitic-drug-ivermectin-kills-covid-19-in-lab-within-48-hours/

• Like 2

23 hours ago, AussieBob18 said:

TDS is deep in that one - very deep.

Getting back to the post _ I hope you are right. And I agree that a medication that relieves the symptoms or even cures, is exactly what is needed to get rid of this madness.  

A medication that cures is exactly what is needed. Trump could not have stated the obvious any better than you have.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Stocky said:

You've got to be kidding me, the guy's a snake oil salesman.

Sure there are old drugs that they're looking to re-purpose, drugs in development that could also be re-purposed. But there's a lot of work needed to evaluate what may work, what doesn't work and then correct dosages, which patients will benefit and at what stage in the illness.

So 'perhaps a month or two' is complete pie in the sky - a Trumpian salve to the masses.  

Wrong, doctors have said this. In 2 months they will know what existing drugs work well. From July the death toll will falla lot.

Mass panic over a minor problem

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Everyone wants effective treatments asap. But any treatments that are widely adopted need to be tested for efficacy and safety. Yes compassionate usage should be allowed for otherwise hopeless cases. Otherwise untested treatments can potentially make case that would have otherwise recovered worse. Yes also of this process should be speeded up as much as possible. But we should follow scientists about this not politicians. To assume that there will be some kind of miracle treatment developed very quickly is obviously happy talk wishful thinking. That is not at all likely. Have hope but avoid false hope. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Posted (edited)

Edited by mokwit

Posted (edited)

Saw this but it is in vitro - don't see any corroborating reports in humans and it is one study (albeit from respected University). I could be wrong and maybe it does have direct action on Covid RNA.

Edited by mokwit
  • Like 1