Looking to purchase a Motorhome

4 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

I first went there in the 90's. Must have been amazing back in the 70's!!!!

It was pretty much just a beach with a campground. Restaurant * bathhouse and spots with water, electric and a picnic table with a little palapa roof at each site. 

No ramp, just an an old army truck with a hitch to launch the boat. 

Fresh tortillas and a platter of jumbo shrimp for $2...

Last time I was down there was in the '90s for one of the Tony Reyes trips, it was a little sad to see what it had become, but the people did look much more prosperous,,,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

Used to love camping at "Ruben's Place" in San Felipe back in the '70s. Van, tent, boat and a couple motorcycles...

First went to Guaymas in 1972. Sleepy Mexican town, Siesta rigidly observed.

Was great.

6 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

First went to Guaymas in 1972. Sleepy Mexican town, Siesta rigidly observed.

Was great.

LOL.  That was my father's favorite place.  I think he first started going there in the 80's.  Loved it.  San Carlos actually, as there was a golf course there.

Use to take us out to what he called "Catch 22".  Where the movie was filed.  I've spent a fair amount of time there. LOL

11 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

How often doe the the 20l cassette need to be emptied with two of you using it? 

On average every 3 to 4 days.

You can empty it at any fuel-station in a toilet. It has some chemicals that are biodegradable and turn everything into a liquid without faul smell.

It's not the nicest job, but not as bad as you would think.

Gray water can be dumped at all PTT-stations or if needed, in the woods. After all, it's only water and soap.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, adexbe said:

The only truth clearly !

? ? ?   We've been sleeping in it since January 11 this year.

I guess "the only truth clearly" does not apply to us... and many others.

Did you know that at 7 in the morning it is 3 degrees (celcius) on doi inthanon ?  I guess you did not know that as there is no hotel there... just a (free) camp-site for tents and... motorhomes...  And there are many, many other such places.

2017-12-22 15.02.16.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Maartensworld said:

Did you know that at 7 in the morning it is 3 degrees (celcius) on doi inthanon ?  I guess you did not know that as there is no hotel there... just a (free) camp-site for tents and... motorhomes...  And there are many, many other such places.

2017-12-22 15.02.16.jpg

I know it can get cold in the north, I've been in Chiang Mai when it was 12*c for about 3 days, but the temp on that sign and your dress style don't seem to match.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Lancashirelad said:

I know it can get cold in the north, I've been in Chiang Mai when it was 12*c for about 3 days, but the temp on that sign and your dress style don't seem to match.

That was done deliberately to make a fun photo.

Or are you suggesting that I somehow hacked into the sign and changed it ?  

FYI, doi inthanon is the highest mountain in Thailand.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

Keep in mind that this vehicle is for sale, and the seller will highlight the positives.

Yes. Thank you for that canthai55.

Indeed it is for sale as our plans for the future have changed quit suddenly.

So, after enjoying this kind of travel ( see our videos on: https://youtube.com/channel/UC5y3GB37Yx8Iip-8g6wFopw )

someone else will get this wonderful opportunity. 

Until then, we are still enjoying it as I speak (well, write, that is)

• Like 1

This topic is starting to run off the rails a bit.

@Maartensworld I am sure that the members are well aware by now that you have a motorhome for sale so maybe you can continue extolling the virtues of your particular motorhome in a topic of your own, perhaps in one of the Cars for Sale forums?

In the meantime, perhaps discussion can revert to the OP's request:

On 4/4/2020 at 8:19 PM, Optomist said:

I was wondering if there is anywhere in Thailand or even Bangkok that sells Motorhomes/Campervans.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Maartensworld said:

That was done deliberately to make a fun photo.

Or are you suggesting that I somehow hacked into the sign and changed it ?  

FYI, doi inthanon is the highest mountain in Thailand.

I'm not suggesting anything, just thought it was an unusual way to dress for such temperature. It's often been 3* here in the north west UK this last winter, I wouldn't want to go outside with so little clothing.

I know where & what Doi Inthanon is thank you. West of Lamphun, 2565 metres.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/17/2021 at 8:11 PM, Maartensworld said:

2017-12-22 15.02.16.jpg

In the past 20 years ago no hotel in doi inthanon and only camp site now is plenty.you cannot see in the Main Street go to the top of the mountain but they are at 1300 mt hight

anyway one of the best choise for camper

Edited by siriweith

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/4/2020 at 8:47 PM, Lacessit said:

Motor homes do not appear to be part of Thai road culture, don't think I have ever seen one. The other issue would be camping sites, no such thing as a powered camp site that I have heard of. Bamboo huts maybe.

In low season, hotels are so cheap I would question the need for one. Good luck, but i feel travel will be restricted here for some time to come.

As Lace says there a no or very few proper campsites providing such amenities as pump out,electricity etc. Where will you dump out the holding tank? You'll need a generator or power supply for the ac unit or you'll roast. Hotel/motel etc are very reasonable here if you look around.

I've owned various RV,s over the years and thoroughly enjoyed camping in Western Canada (British Columbia) but I've never been tempted to try it here for all the reasons above. 

• Like 1