Request to stop the video ads.

Metropolitian

The strange thing with most of these adds is that they seem to be aimed and Thais and are often in the Thai language ? Is this for the legions of military monitoring the site or is there some mistake.

Having said that I have clicked on the blue dancing girl and signed up for 20 hours of dancing tuition provided she is my one on one teacher.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

While on the subject of video ads, has anybody else had the iPad version move lately ? It used to be in the bottom right, which was the least objectionable location, but the last few days it is now showing higher up on the screen, just below center right. It is not only obscuring the text I am trying to read but the other ads on the right hand side. I wonder how advertisers feel about their paid for content being obscured and invisible?

And could n’t you at least make it scalable relative to the device ? The ad video viewed on a laptop screen is tolerable but it shows at the same size on an iPad, taking up about 15% of the screen !

7 hours ago, gamb00ler said:

I suggest you search for a new program to access the TV forum.  Some have features that will markedly improve your experience.  Explore and be brave.

Most will just quit using the forum

Edited by Tagged

8 hours ago, Denim said:

The strange thing with most of these adds is that they seem to be aimed and Thais and are often in the Thai language ?

Yeah, that's weird. Maybe targeted at guys' SOs, GFs? Some of the stuff does seem to be female oriented. 

On 4/5/2020 at 8:56 AM, worgeordie said:

I don't see any ads,video or not........but there is a reason,

and it's a simple fix,TVF will say they need ads to generate

income,but they seem to have taken it too far,and lose people.

regards Worgeordie

Yes, Google is your friend!

The powers that be don't seem to care one way or the other,I try to read the latest on immigration or shops having to shut or many other things and spend more time closing pop ups, it really is annoying and their lack of action speaks volumes about what they think of their readership.

• Like 1

For those using desktop/laptop browsers, uBlock Origin makes the site usable again.

Alternatively, just wait, I'm sure the managers of the site will fix the problem when they notice the site traffic dropping. They may not use the forum but I'm sure someone keeps track of the key stats.

Edited by donnacha
  • Thanks 1

My 4gb from laptop is normal using at 50% normal program uses and surfing....but when connect to Thai visa i can end up to 80/90 % memory use ....are some m...'s bitcoin mining or what ...? ????

No other internet is doiing that only TV.????

These annoying ads have now been annoying me for months. I can only assume no one reads these comments or no one cares. Today i now have a banner along the bottom of the screen as well as the video which has now moved up an inch from the bottom RHS of my Mac screen, so blocks now vertically and horizontally. If it wasn't for the current covid situation I'd have dumped this long ago.

Please someone in 'support' do your job and listen to your customers.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Saltire said:

These annoying ads have now been annoying me for months. I can only assume no one reads these comments or no one cares. Today i now have a banner along the bottom of the screen as well as the video which has now moved up an inch from the bottom RHS of my Mac screen, so blocks now vertically and horizontally. If it wasn't for the current covid situation I'd have dumped this long ago.

Please someone in 'support' do your job and listen to your customers.

It's not the forum, it's your PC allowing the advertisements to 'pop up'

The same annoying video can 'pop up' on other websites to.

I downloaded uBlock (free)

Now TVF free of unwanted advertisements and that chuffing pesky video.

2 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

It's not the forum, it's your PC allowing the advertisements to 'pop up'

The same annoying video can 'pop up' on other websites to.

I downloaded uBlock (free)

Now TVF free of unwanted advertisements and that chuffing pesky video.

So why doesnt it appear on other forum I visit? Because they design how it is going to look. They are just To greedy! 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Tagged said:

So why doesnt it appear on other forum I visit? Because they design how it is going to look. They are just To greedy! 

Because the other forum doesn't get enough hits for an advertiser to be interested in it.

You could have download an add blocker in the time it took you to place your post here.

Otherwise, enjoy your other forum, no one forces you to choose this one.

Edited by Tanoshi

1 hour ago, Tanoshi said:

Because the other forum doesn't get enough hits for an advertiser to be interested in it.

You could have download an add blocker in the time it took you to place your post here.

Otherwise, enjoy your other forum, no one forces you to choose this one.

You really do not se the problem do you? We or I like to support small forums we visit, and when the owners loose their income because everyone add add blockers, whats the points for the owners to spam their pages ? Many forums loose interests to social media these days, and some of them is interesting enough to keep. 

I have Google chrom, and use that one when play music, but not happy to use it as my standard browser. 

It is thai visa who loose when people visit less, post less, follow less topics, or use add blockers right? 

Edited by Tagged
  • Like 1