Patong complete town quarantined from 5 Apr

Agusts

According to new announcement nobody can go in or out of Patong from 5 Apr. , at any time...!?

They are gone completely mad, is it just out of hatred for Patong and perhaps farangs, how can you justify something like this for a daily count of a few people they find infected, and that from two weeks ago when Bangla was open... !? 

And this is the place that makes them all their money, kill the goose that lay the golden egg .... 

• Sad 1

Just now, Gweiloman said:

Never heard of Wuhan?

Please, don't compare so many infections and dead people or hospitalized in intensive care with Patong,  it will be an insult, whole of Thailand had 20 dead since 3 months, and some of those foreign...

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Agusts said:

Please, don't compare so many infections and dead people or hospitalized in intensive care with Patong,  it will be an insult, whole of Thailand had 20 dead since 3 months, and some of those foreign...

According to 95% of posters here, the figures are false and that the real figures are 1,000x higher. After all, the first case here was more than 2 months ago and as the Govt did nothing but kept the borders open, the figures would have risen exponentially (like in Italy, Spain, UK, USA). So 20 dead is an impossible statistic (according to TVF experts). 

• Like 1

Maybe that official in charge  has a little bit more knowledge of the situation in Patong!

My wife told me today Sakon Nakhon just got its first positive case,and it was, according to her  a 21 year old girl that worked in  Patong

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/1888780/phuket-confirms-another-6-new-covid-19-cases-sunday

Edited by riclag
  • Thanks 1

So you think there was 20,000 dead in Thailand but it was covered up into 20, you can believe what you like, but it's not as bad as they make it out on forums, some people love a bit of exaggeration,  be realistic...

Look at it this way, they might even like to have higher nunbers, it would justify some of these crazy actions.... !

Lock down the whole town and going door to door looking for sick people, never heard of that during plague or Ebola... (1940 yeah)

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, riclag said:

Maybe that official in charge  has a little bit more knowledge of the situation in Patong!

My wife told me today Sakon Nakhon just got its first positive case,and it was, according to her  a 21 year old girl that worked in  Patong

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/1888780/phuket-confirms-another-6-new-covid-19-cases-sunday

Yeah, there was corona here since Jan, but didn't kill off the whole island if it was really that bad... ! 

Edited by Agusts
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Agusts said:

Yeah, there was corona here since Jan, but didn't killed off the whole island if it was really bad... ! 

I understand what your saying but hey difficult times call for difficult measures, besides many people  believe that this banning of towns  ,villages from leaving temporarily , is key to  stopping the spread.

IMOP its like the security measures at airports ! It's a hassle and frustrating to go through security but  If its gonna save a life...  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Agusts said:

Wuhan was at 17 deaths and around 500 confirmed cases when they locked down. At 100 cases, they're about a week behind. We know the Wuhan lockdown came too late, so it only makes sense to do this before you hit 500 cases.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Agusts said:

And this is the place that makes them all their money, kill the goose that lay the golden egg .... 

This is totally irrelevant in the current climate.

No one is making money right now apart from supermarkets and convenience stores and even the owners of these businesses are losing money on their other interests.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

i wonder if i can transit Patong by car>
living in Kamala ,needing to go to Immigration>>

or do i need go via Surin?

Checkpoint at Kalim but i,m sure immgration visits will be allowed.

48 minutes ago, Sharp said:

As stated already my guess many many had the virus had mild symptoms over high season carried on working etc and the immune system took care of it.

yeah most kids at my kid's school had a big big flu right before the explosion of chinese news on it.  Lots of kids vomiting, lots of fever and sore throats.

Many parents there had daily contact with people from wuhan, including my family. 

No one got sick AFTER so that big flu was most likely this.  Most parents are pretty healthy and young.

Edited by bearpolar
  • Like 1

Some really good comments,  just a few points:

- Wuhan shut down was on 23 Jan, less than one month after discovery, the rate of daily increase in cases and deaths showed a horrible peak was on the way... , there has not been such a daily increase in Patong or Phuket for that matter, this virus has been here since mid Jan,  we probably had our peak in late Feb , now 2.5 months..!

- So Patong in the epicenter of covid-19 due to tourists and night life, what about Pattaya, Koh Samui, Ao Nang,  Chiang Mai etc.,  or even Bangkok,  why there is no 24 hours blockade of those places, don't have overzealous, power hungry , hateful authorities like here, we can ship them a few...! 

- Has anyone looked at various strains of virus killing thousands in some places like Italy and Spain and New York, and not as many in HK or South Korea or Germany or here or a few other places, is it the same virus !? Think about it, HK only just two days ago decided to close their bars... !? How come their infections  didn't spread and kill like other places till now, they do have infections... ! Yes, they reacted early and all that, but still odd...!

- All Bangla road establishment were closed 18 Mar, it was disinfected fully a couple of times,  but the road itself is still blocked like it is a crime scene..!?  Do you think there is any scientific evidence, hell, or a theory even, that this virus can last outside the body for over 15 days ... !? Not a chance, but that road is blocked for what it stands for, for shame and hatred, something unhealthy about it , right ...? It's the Sodom,  let's burn the whole place down approach ...! Don't get me wrong, I don't like the place either much, it's a total rip off nowadays, but just observe how they are handling all this...

- But I think these approach will not last long, because of the economic impact, once the crime spree gets out of hand, and people come in the street as they go hungry, they will realize their mistake of heavy handed approach..., maybe...! 

Edited by Agusts
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Agusts said:

Some really good comments,  just a few points:

- Has anyone looked at various strains of virus killing thousands in some places like Italy and Spain and New York, and not as many in HK or South Korea or Germany or here or a few other places, is it the same virus !? Think about it, HK only just two days ago decided to close their bars... !? How come their infections  didn't spread and kill like other places till now, they do have infections... ! Yes, they reacted early and all that, but still odd...!

There is still no real information on this, its all hearsay just like the BCG vaccination as shown here: https://www.jsatonotes.com/2020/03/if-i-were-north-americaneuropeanaustral.html

no facts yet

the only real facts is that italy is reporting covid deaths for very very sick people that died while being infected when covid was not the reason of death. All this Italy panic is unfounded media panic

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, bearpolar said:

There is still no real information on this, its all hearsay just like the BCG vaccination as shown here: https://www.jsatonotes.com/2020/03/if-i-were-north-americaneuropeanaustral.html

no facts yet

the only real facts is that italy is reporting covid deaths for very very sick people that died while being infected when covid was not the reason of death. All this Italy panic is unfounded media panic

Yes. New stats in Italy about deaths. Was because Covid or with Covid. How many die in a normal year ?

Don't worry the lockdown soon carries on to your street, then to your house, and then you're  bolted inside your room ... !!! 

Just shows what happens when the problem is to big for some to understand,  and when they really run out of ideas.... ????

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, bearpolar said:

I may have to correct you as in Italy there is fit and healthy people in their 40's -50's dying for covid. Latest example is the bodyguard of the prime minister who just died last week and was absolutely fit. Moreover, in the city of Bergamo military trucks are used to bring the corpses to other cities because there is not enough room to stock them. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Sundown said:

I may have to correct you as in Italy there is fit and healthy people in their 40's -50's dying for covid. Latest example is the bodyguard of the prime minister who just died last week and was absolutely fit. Moreover, in the city of Bergamo military trucks are used to bring the corpses to other cities because there is not enough room to stock them. 

And talking to friends in Southern Germany, there are a young and healthy people less than 40 years of age on ventilators right now. These are people personally known to them. So not just hearsay. 

Obviously, the sick and elderly are more at risk of dying, but that doesn't mean that younger people couldn't end up in ICU for 2 weeks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sundown said:

Do you have the official death report with his medical history or just say he was fit and healthy because he didnt look sick, fat or old? Was he a smoker? Did he live in a highly polluted area? with smokers? Did he eat fastfood 3 times a day? Did he consume a lot of alcohol? 

Also if a man is born with no dick, are all men dickless? Does 1 person make a rule?

Edited by bearpolar
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

On 4/5/2020 at 1:29 AM, Agusts said:

Yeah, there was corona here since Jan, but didn't kill off the whole island if it was really that bad... ! 

I think that your just upset because your lifestyle now has to be changed or its just that its inconveniencing you.  Just like all the people who are upset because they don't like doing what someone else tells them.  Laws do not apply or new rules do not apply, must be nice to be so special to believe your the only one whose life has now changed.....look at the whole world...but you can believe what you want, just play by the rules, stay in during the curfew or risk the consequences, its really so simple. 

6 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

I think that your just upset because your lifestyle now has to be changed or its just that its inconveniencing you.  Just like all the people who are upset because they don't like doing what someone else tells them.  Laws do not apply or new rules do not apply, must be nice to be so special to believe your the only one whose life has now changed.....look at the whole world...but you can believe what you want, just play by the rules, stay in during the curfew or risk the consequences, its really so simple. 

Yeah, just needed your lecture,  I'm sure this fits perfectly with your lifestyle and philosophy,  hope you can keep getting those Changs and TV still works up country or wherever you are, enjoy it, we are all like you now... lol.

2 hours ago, Agusts said:

Yeah, just needed your lecture,  I'm sure this fits perfectly with your lifestyle and philosophy,  hope you can keep getting those Changs and TV still works up country or wherever you are, enjoy it, we are all like you now... lol.

I do not drink Chang beer, nor do I live up-country.  I live in Bangkok, where my Condo has a view of the entire city, and my 2 wine refrigerators are fully stocked, and my family and I are safe.  I saw the writing on the wall awhile back and started to stock up to ensure I could survive for a few months if needed.  My Philosophy is that "whats good for the goose is good for the gander".  I did not want to be inconvenienced, like we are, anymore than you did.  The unfortunate thing is we have been dealt the cards from the Government here in Thailand and we need to follow them so that we do not become a statistic.  I do not know if you are a true expat or just here on a long vacation, but we are all impacted for the near future and how long that may be no one knows.  Be Safe take care of yourself, if you can get out to the store then ensure you wear a mask and social distance.   If you can not get out to shop, then use the online ordering sites that Tops, Tesco/Lotus, and Big C have, or use Food Panda or Grab.  The grocery stores will deliver you alcohol as well as food.  Hopefully you have a place to cook, if not then I am sure you will figure out what to do.  Take care and do the right thing to keep yourself healthy.