BANGKOK
Scott

SURVEY: Pattaya Shutdown, effective or not?

SURVEY: Pattaya Shutdown, effective or not?  

145 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It was reported that the governor of Pattaya plans to close down Pattaya, including some hotels and effectively seal off the town.  In your opinion, is this a good move?   Which of the following best expresses your opinion.

• Haha 1

It will be interesting to see if the shutdown is applied equally.

Good time for "official" businesses...to bankrupt the competition...

• Like 2

Profane video removed

The compliance generally here in Pattaya with shutdowns, social distancing and stay at home, certainly seems at a higher level than from what I hear from my Australian contacts. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, PatOngo said:

If it puts the thieving ladyboys on Beach Rd out of business it has to be effective!

I have walked Beach Road for years and never been robbed by anyone, although never in the middle of the night.

But let me say one thing, if anyone ever picks my pocket, or even attempts it, Ladyboy or not, I will put an old wallet filled with paper and fish hooks in my pocket and walk beach road again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not on topic, but still topical. 

In Phuket, specifically Patong, everyone appears to be on the same page (with one recent exception) regarding curfews, wearing masks, executing social distancing plus all hotels, shops, bars, beaches, massage shops, etc. all closed. When I go to my local 7-Eleven, they take your temp, give out Purell before you can enter the store.

I do not think the survey adds any value.  It is not well designed or informative. Sorry, Unless its aim is to reinforce a set predetermined outcome. Push polling.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Measuring temperature, wearing masks and hand gel help minimise the risk but do not ensure a healthy and safe environment. Those infected are at risk of transmitting the disease 5 days before symptoms occupation and for up to 8 days after

Edited by OffshoreMig