BANGKOK
rooster59

Tourist complains about crowded visa office, shoddy treatment by Thailand

On 4/5/2020 at 7:07 AM, UbonThani said:

All tourists should have left 3 weeks ago. Don't these whingers read the news. Forget holidays for 9 months.

What about other visa types that need regular extensions?

• Like 2

On 4/5/2020 at 11:50 AM, marko kok prong said:

Why do you have to go to to the office every 90 days,post it,do online,or use an agent,try using a bit of initiative.

How to do online? I cannot find any info about it here: 

https://www.thaiimmigration.net/thai-immigration-pattaya.html 

I have seen info about it in the Immigration office, but that is not very helpful now 😛 

8 hours ago, QPRFC said:

There's a quite detailed description of the proposed 3-tier grouping of stranded tourists that is being sent up for parliamentary approval. It pretty much covers all of the most common situations. Unfortunately, it was in the newspaper we can't quote here but maybe the Nation has caught up by now?

• Haha 1

If you are in immigration and are having troubles with the officers or want to get served quickly just start coughing.

• Haha 1

On 4/5/2020 at 5:14 PM, fredwiggy said:

A lot of Thais will certainly die from this virus with this kind of ignorance. Only if it affects  an official might they start to "get" it. When the foreign governments get wind of how their citizens are treated,maybe they'll follow suit with Thai tourists or those that moved to other countries to live. We are only money to them,and they will certainly lose a lot now. They should learn to protect those that live here and respect those that spend money here,as they eat, use phones,cars,trucks,scooters, all of their military hardware, in fact all vehicles,electronics and many other things are foreign made. Without tourists and foreigners money, this would return to a farming country,where everyone would be forced to bust their asses for 200 baht a day. Granting extensions to everyone temporarily will still make them money. You stay ,you pay. Foreigners have to eat and sleep somewhere. This is a beautiful country and I have quite a few Thai friends and family members who respect me because I take good care of my wife and help her family on the farm as much as I can. If I get the chance, I will move back to where I came from with my family. This I'm sure is leaving a sour taste in others mouths.  We have been here since before the Vietnam war and I still don't get the disrespect. America and all other countries help Thailand in many ways. I think they need to wake up and see what a valuable source we are to them.

But many more will die through road accidents last year 8,000+. This year it's estimated to be 10,000+ and it goes on every year.

On 4/6/2020 at 9:02 AM, Darkside Gray said:

Flights cancelled is a poor excuse, most new of the cancellations coming and did nothing, To there detriment.

Harsh criticism.....have you never heard of the sayings: "live and let live", "people who live in glass houses should not throw stones", oh yes, now I know your favorite saying is "Do unto others before they do unto you", Hope you live the perfect life and never get caught out because of any possible poor decisions because I can see your just perfect, sitting up there on that ivory white pedestal, and looking down on others, or is it that you are just not happy in your own life and wish to push your belief's and feelings towards all who are not like you.....I might get banned again, but it had to be said.  Negativity breeds negativity

• Thanks 1

Immigration officers having to view hundreds of  tourists.and perhaps some tourists my be angered by the wait . The situation was given no forethought . Only money

• Like 1

On 4/7/2020 at 3:11 AM, QPRFC said:

And what about tourists who my have a madam and child. Does he Leave then to.look after themselves.

I'm not in that. predicament .Go back to the UK and there in a worse condition than Thailand

On 4/5/2020 at 11:57 AM, petermik said:

They only want our money.... we are looked at as parasites here...😧

That has been true, IMO since 2000.

On 4/5/2020 at 11:39 AM, rooster59 said:

Tourist complains about crowded visa office, shoddy treatment by Thailand

Nothing new there, but before Corona it was mainly expats that were treated badly by immigration, and we were treated very badly.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

That has been true, IMO since 2000.

Nothing new there, but before Corona it was mainly expats that were treated badly by immigration, and we were treated very badly.

Well it generally only expats from some country who go to immigration, Thai citizens rarely need to unless they accompany  their spouse/partner 

Edited by RJRS1301

I was in there yesterday morning around 10, and there was only 1 other customer in there. So things are a bit different at the moment.

16 minutes ago, Amusements said:

I was in there yesterday morning around 10, and there was only 1 other customer in there. So things are a bit different at the moment.

Why were you there? I have to apply for retirement ext next month