Tourist complains about crowded visa office, shoddy treatment by Thailand

rooster59

6 minutes ago, Wongkitlo said:

The government offered that as a reason but what does showing what hotel you are living in do to help anything? It is easy to go to a hotel, get a tm30 report, go to immigration and then leave and go somewhere else and do whatever you want. Having a person turn up at immigration and show pictures of their hotel is not going to prove anything. Same with bringing a landlord. People often sign a lease and then disappear after a month or two. I don't think someone on overstay is going to go anywhere near immigration so how do their procedures help stopping that? I understand even Thais can't get work at the moment so where is all this illegal work? Anyway what is more important? People's health and wellbeing or a few people on overstay or working illegally.

Hotels have to keep records of their guests though, by law. Although an old friend lived in a hotel for 14 years & still had to do his 90 days etc.

Part of why Air B & B has been a contentious issue. If someone is staying at a place for less than 30 days (I think), the place has to be registered as a hotel.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

Yes that is true, but your Thai ladies will not be having to go to immigration every 90 days for the rest of their lives, or each year to renew their visa, with a constantly changing and seeming endless list of documents and copies of stuff that is not needs as the info is all on immigration computer anyway. 

The good ladies would also not be crammed up in over crowded hot immigration offices for hours on end when there is a serious disease outbreak when people are supposed to be staying at home and also using social distancing to prevent the spread of a deadly virus.  I suspect they don't have to take their landlords and property owners along with them either, or photos of themselves outside, and inside their home.  

Why do you have to go to to the office every 90 days,post it,do online,or use an agent,try using a bit of initiative.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He's absolutely right that they should be avoiding crowds there.

Thailand needs to make as much as possible virtual.

Sadly their website is completely FUBAR. Not sure what I'll do when it's 90 day checking time (I still have 2.5 months.)

Their online system does not work if you last checked in at the airport. Hopefully they have changed that, but I very much doubt it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

''An announcement will be made shortly''.....as soon as we've raked in a few more Million Baht from these Dirty Farang.    And; by the way, we don't give a stuff if they all die as long as we have extracted their money first !

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Then having to bringing their landlord With them then travel to bank for update bankbook then traveling to ur embassy for another piece of paper, TM30’s , bedroom pictures? etc etc yeah all this is really great with and without any virus out there.

How about just pay and stay?

Pay and stay....hmm sounds a lot like elite visa

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wongkitlo said:

Australia has a reputation for hard line immigration approach but they just ask people stranded to send an email to get an extension. 

Yes, Australia has a good system, I've used it myself. Also, a visit to their Embassy was a lot less expensive, quicker, and less hassle than the British Embassy!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1