Tourist complains about crowded visa office, shoddy treatment by Thailand

rooster59

1 minute ago, Fex Bluse said:

You're not serious, surely? Thailand was one of the ONLY countries in the world that keep telling tourists to come whilst almost certainly under reporting their virus numbers. 

Have you already forgotten? 

I was just doing as I was told, is no longer mitigation in the real world, have you not heard

• Haha 2

Just now, Benmart said:

Memories of poor treatment will come back to address shoddy treatment.

No it won't, sensible people, went home already, and readily accept these tourists were the architects of their own situation

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, UbonThani said:

All tourists should have left 3 weeks ago. Don't these whingers read the news. Forget holidays for 9 months.

Im not sure of the dates, but I know of some tourist who's flight got cancelled and the next available flight was 4000 Pounds for them they could afford it,

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Not defending anyone, but working under extreme strain and pressure, perhaps poorly briefed, having to achieve KPIs of processing. 

Tourists as well as IOs unable to respond calmly, and fear on both sides

No one has ever had to deal with this choas ever before

What’s happening is indefensible. I don’t care what they’re doing to try to mitigate this situation. The answer is simple and obvious. AMNESTY. Job done.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Even those of us expats who have lived here, and I mean do live here, are considered Long-Stay Tourists, so try again with your statement of:

"they would probably really prefer these farang tourists had gone home rather than take the selfish gamble of being stranded and risk the health of the Thai IOs by cramming into an already crowded office". 

That makes about as much sense as the statement:

"But then selfish the 'tourists' have been, and, selfish they continue to remain, my sympathy lies with the Thai office workers who have to face this kind of person in this kind of environment clearly tourists who do not give a damn about social distancing or the welfare of others"

Where do you think that all of us need to go eventually when its time to do a report of 90 days, a change of address, or even better when its time to renew the extension, that's right we all need to go to Immigration.  With your statements you have lumped every non Thai foreigner, be they a short term tourist, a long-stay expat or someone employed here by a company all into the same category   We are all tourists here, and nothing more, we may be married to a Thai, or work here as I stated on a WP, or we are here because we have moved to be where we wanted to be when we retired. 

So try again....

90 days on line - social distancing use an agent, or at least for gods sake spread yourselves out a bit, while claiming some semblance of concern and intelligence!!

But this thread is about 'tourists' so if you as 'long term' wish to be 'lumped in' to my remarks please feel free to be so

• Haha 2

TOURISTS applying for visa EXTENSION. 

Hmmmm, did they miss anything? It's NOT the time to EXTEND a visa! Since several weeks it's time to catch one of many flights back out of Thailand! All I can say is: Somm numm naa khrub, farang. May you rot in your self elected "paradise". 

• Sad 3
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Because that would make life easy for the illegal workers and real overstays. ie since pre virus days. There are still lots of them in the Kingdom.

We all know that there are people in Thailand, living 'under the radar'. Unfortunately it is because of them that life for the genuine tourists is so difficult.

I thought "Big Joke" had got rid of them all?

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Most of them already go home in the low season to help on the farm so yes, maybe they will do more of that.

Anyway, lost tourism means only 9% to 17% of GDP that needs to be replaced. Pretty sure the already mature services sector can fill the gap and the younger more agile generation of workers will easily retrain and adapt.

The notion that Thailand will become a total basket case after all the foreigners stop coming is quite funny. Did you come up with that one yourself?

Good luck. When the Thai economy is in tatters, all the fanboys and girls will vanish from the forums overnight. I've seen it before. Until then, they continue to provide us entertainment. 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, bangkokfrog said:

I couldn't agree more, but if truly stuck here they still deserve to be treated with dignity and concern for their safety... something immigration offices in the provinces are not well known for.

It would be better for the tourist jus to stay Away from IMM office .When they can get a Flight out of here than just pay the overstay fine Or the Beamer could find you (saves a trip to IMM). Much Safer an Healthier

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Tell me where a Long-Term Stay extension is not still considered a tourist.  At any moment they could cancel your extension and you are out of here.  There are no special privileges one has with being a long-stay extension holder.  You must be deluding yourself.

Don't be an ar5e you are trying to make your narrative fit the topic - it doesn't ok

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, colinneil said:

Social distancing... Some stupid sods around.

Why are immigration so determined to make problems for tourists?

They are helping to trash tourism here in the future, with their crazy antics.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

I’m not sure how many people will realise you’re being sarcastic and that these are not your true thoughts.

Oh but they are you see I was scheduled to arrive right now in Thailand in January decided not to travel did not even book a ticket

Yeah all down to luck I expect ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1