Tourist complains about crowded visa office, shoddy treatment by Thailand

rooster59

11 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Sorry, but a tourist is just a tourist, no matter short term on a holiday, or long term stay expat, workers here on a WP, or even someone married and with family here.  We are all tourists, I apologize if it hurts your sensibilities......

Ha Ha somebody married is a 'tourist' they are on a 30 day exempt are they - give your head a shake man

All the married men rushing to extend their 30 day exempts no wonder the IOs get <deleted> off ????

• Haha 2

To be sincere, I'm not quite convinced that all tourists that are applying for a Visa extension due to covid 19 were and are really stranded. I know a few that simply didn't want to fly home "during their planned vacation" some ignored the calls of their embassies to join the repatriation flights home and some that simply didn't and don't want to go home. I know only a few that absolutely can't! 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, UbonThani said:

All tourists should have left 3 weeks ago. Don't these whingers read the news. Forget holidays for 9 months.

That’s certainly one thing tourists will be doing and for many years ,not just 9 months - forget considering Thailand as a holiday destination. The government’s behaviour will ensure the lack of recovery of their tourist industry.

• Haha 1

Why did they enter after March 10? By late Feb it was clear travel would be a problem. No sympathy for people like this.

Does your 'no sympathy' extend to unnecessarily spreading the virus amongst both the tourists and thecThais they inevitably come into contact with?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Very nice to know that a true keyboard warrior is on the loose somewhere not in Thailand, but still has to chime in on events here that do not really concern him at this juncture in time.  Good on you for escaping from whatever you want to believe.  Enjoy your day, and continue to drink your cup of coffee while you fire up nonsensical posts......

Nice try ???? I have a wife, two kids and a home in Thailand, so 'events' actually do concern me, and shortly, despite all the negative 'aren't we hard done by' emitted by the blowhard fossils I will migrate to Thailand and enjoy a wonderful life

Enjoy your day too

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Joinaman said:

why ? so you don;t mind if people lie to you, cheat on you and then show how inept they are at doing their work ?

If a "normal" thai person does any of these, then they get a mouthful from me, not politeness. Why be polite to someone who cannot do the job they are paid to do, who refuses to accept they do not know how to do the job. The only time i bite my tongue is in immigration, but will still point out to them if they are wrong, or ask , Why? when they want another 5 copies of papers they already have. Immigration even disputed the new rules on bank deposits with me, even though i had copies both in Thai and English, still told me they were wrong, But when pushed , she finally admitted she did not understand many of the rules, but i must still do as she says

So we have an official officer, who does not know the rules, will not accept the official rules on paper in front of her, makes me return 2 days later, then  fines me because of this, and you want me to stay polite, dignified and understanding ?? For me, people earn respect , my politeness, and understanding, of which most people get, but never a buffalo brain who cannot do their job

It really can't be good for your blood pressure, what are you doing in Thailand?

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Many a married family man who is here on a Non-Imm "O" Visa, which now can not be extended by a border hop, and now has to go to immigration as well.  You can really tell that you are not astute in the way of Visa's by your comment....

Why not a visa based on marriage?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Why did they enter after March 10? By late Feb it was clear travel would be a problem. No sympathy for people like this.

Please tell me where its states after the 10th?

The only date i can see is the 1st of March.

And what we don,t know is each individual,s circumstances as to why they are still here,So have a little heart in times like this!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, rooster59 said:

an official at the Foreign Ministry told The Nation that Immigration authorities are aware of the issue and the Cabinet had agreed in principle about the automatic visa extension.

but he didn't comment about waiving the fees, which are called highway robbery

9 hours ago, baansgr said:

Just one infected person in that crowded office will have a dire effect on numbers in Samui.....it really is beyond a joke, curfews, booze bans etc, yet this scene is happening on a daily basis for over two weeks throughout Thailand..madness, total madness

If it’s madness here it must be madness in other countries as well have a look what’s happening in Australia and the U.K. 

In the latter older people have to stay in their homes for 12 weeks, I was also talking to a female friend aged 55 who because she sometimes  suffers from asthma has to isolate in her own home for the same period.

Police are stopping drivers and people at railway stations and if they cannot justify their journey are directed to return home.

In relation to your so called booze ban that it is not Thailand wide 

I bought alcohol yesterday at Makro with no problems.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, UbonThani said:

It doesn't matter when they arrived, or when they were going to stay till - the problem is now, and the problem is people are here and it should be dealt with in a rational and logical way i.e. automatically extend all visas till the crisis is over. Other countries have managed it. 

You are arguing over inane vapid small details

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, marko kok prong said:

Why do you have to go to to the office every 90 days,post it,do online,or use an agent,try using a bit of initiative.

Post it and risk it getting lost?

Online if it works, if it 100% of the time I'm sure people would.

Paying an agent to report for what anyway? Why is there such a thing as 90 day reporting, are we all on bail here?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A German, probably backpacking digital nomad, who preferred to "get trapped" at the nice island beaches instead of going back to the European chaos ?
Shut up please !
(Before I get shot and stabbed by some posters, I hold a German passport ????)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This is unfortunate. A combination of shoddy management, stringent irresponsible measures applied to people who came to the country expecting a modicum of common sense and care without receiving much, BUT one has to imagine the staff and the conditions they work under and all the consequences that come with it. You have to make sure that you prove you are not a criminal meant to undermine the system before you can expect to be treated in a civil manner. I always ask myself, under these circumstances, is everyone treated equally?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Immigration desperately needs a revamp “. Many purchase the necessary visas before arriving,. Sadly covid19 worrying for many people abroad with elderly parents or family members back home,. Nobody should be benefiting from a world wide disaster,whether that’s immigration or airlines ! Those with a Thai family should not be paying for visas - simple as that ‘ if so a yearly fee applicable,. there actually part of there local community,spending money and without them it would be worse. Hope immigration starts showing respect to the foreigner “ we’re here because we love the country that don’t mean we like all the rules. Working together creates a good harmony - stay safe people ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, marko kok prong said:

Why do you have to go to to the office every 90 days,post it,do online,or use an agent,try using a bit of initiative.

Time ago I was summoned to report 90days in person at the IO because I live "close", 35km away, from Amnat Charoen Office.

Just say... I admit that to go in person is not such a hassle here. Always done within minutes because no queue ever. 

But then after all, residing 23 years in Thailand, now 10 years my permanent residence registered at Amphor (Yellow Housebook) and at Land Office (Lifelong Usufruct), the 90days requirement does not make sense at all. 

Edited by Khunangkaro
Clarify
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, ezzra said:

When they ever gave a rat's ass for what tourists and other non Thais feel or need? for them a tourist is a wallet with legs to get in spend the money and get out and don't hassle us with your silly requests to be understanding and compassionate because this is not our stoeger suite...

A good example are the police checks nearly every day in Huahin, in the front of Lotus, and only for fining the foreigners.

• Haha 1

No sympathy here. These tourists knew there was a Global pandemic by Mid February.

They knew Thailand is a Major Hub for Chinese tourists.

They were too distracted with the allure of the white sand beaches to connect

the dots and think ahead.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1