152 Thai returnees who refused to be quarantined told to report to officials by 6pm

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Too late..they should have never let them leave the airport. Half of them are already back in the province

Will claim that they are too busy, but promise to report as soon as a slot in the diary becomes free...

Turn the fearsome BMW smart car loose...and bring the full weight of the invincible Biometric system to bear on these unruly scallywags.    

Posted Images

At least the wonderful highly educated and competent government will not make them queue up for hours right next to each other for a superficial visa stamp.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, SkyFax said:

According to the BP as of 7 AM 5APR20, of the 152 out of 158 who absconded from the airport, 134 had turned themselves in to relevant authorities and arrest warrants have been issued for the 18 at-large.

Was the Red Bull escapee one of them? 

• Haha 1
50 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

But.....but.....he wears a uniform!

I guess my post which could have talked about anybody anywhere in a position of authority, be it here, or anywhere else should not have been used.  My apologies for being so careless, and so I will now go away for awhile.....

In the meantime while we await the outcome of the 158, three of whom are known to have elevated temperatures, what are the odds that at least a few are infected, but may not have serious symptoms?

Let's hope there is not a super-spreader amongst them for starters, and others that have big families who embraced the returnee by throwing a welcome home party. Both scenarios are plausible.

As was the case with the Lumpini boxing ring incident being allowed to continue, despite officialdom requests to postpone it, in a week's time we could see a similar spike in the numbers contracting the disease - source: the 158 returnees that were permitted to go home without being quarantined.  

Sometimes I wonder at the mentality of those whose job is to enforce the law and those who willfully ignore it. But there again, sadly, both are prevalent in Thai society.  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, tonray said:

Too late..they should have never let them leave the airport. Half of them are already back in the province

So.... quarantine everyone they had contact with. That will make these idiots very popular. 

1 hour ago, Hayduke said:

Turn the fearsome BMW smart car loose...and bring the full weight of the invincible Biometric system to bear on these unruly scallywags.

Probably only dirty farangs in the database.

Edit: Sorry I see Oziex1 beat me to it

Edited by petedk
42 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

Was the Red Bull escapee one of them? 

No, he has total immunity!

16 minutes ago, petedk said:

Probably only dirty farangs in the database.

Edit: Sorry I see Oziex1 beat me to it

Oh, that's very bad news. That means there's two confirmed cases of Thaibash-19 on the same thread at the same time.

I'm off to sterilize my mouse and keyboard.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
1 minute ago, BobbyL said:

What an embarrassing story.

I am guessing there were one or two, 'Do you know who I am?' passengers who arrived in that crowd and it got out of control. 

Actually it's hilarious as shows the absolute incompetence of the AOT and Immigration Dept.

3 hours ago, Creasy said:

Herding cats

Probably a little bit easier as everyone would have had a tracking app put on their phone on arrival.. also details of where they would be staying.. 

1 hour ago, JimmyTheMook said:

At least the wonderful highly educated and competent government will not make them queue up for hours right next to each other for a superficial visa stamp.

..Yep.. should follow the example of the USA and the UK.. so much better organized.. 😏