Urgent help please, issue with a rental villa

Doronazl

28 minutes ago, Greenside said:

Very unlikely any landlord will agree to that in a house where the usage habits of the specific tenant(s) have no history.  I know people who maintain three or four rooms at 22° for most of the day and half the night.

True in a normal situation, but they know theres an ongoing problem here + pandemic keeping tourists out so not many options are available 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bangel72 said:

Thought I'd pick up on this thread and see if anyone else has noticed generally pumps across Thailand are going much more than usual since last month. Sounds like a conspiracy theory I know, started with my Bangkok apartment, no water running, no leaks found but pump goes constantly, maybe a pressure offset but turned off at night and needs a big refil when turned back on in the morning.  As I sat with a beer with my pump off, I started noticing other pumps in the street also going constantly, so <deleted> maybe I have just never noticed this is norm before.  

I then move into a summer rental near the beach, and same thing, landlord send technician and does not find anything so its still going now, our case bills are included and have informed landlord oh and no pool so would not be as steep a bill anyway. landlords with rentals with bills included might be in for a surprise with the stay at home guides.

Anyway, likely just cabin fever madness on my part, but give it a listen in your neighbourhood and see if there are constant pumps going.

I have gone through this the last few weeks. Our pump constantly goes on and off, very short bursts. Checked water level in tank and measured over a few hours, no drop... So maybe not a leak, but if there is, it's all underground and concrete... Not sure the landlord will come to the party on that !! 

3 hours ago, Doronazl said:

If the pool pump working, does the main water pumo supposed to be working as well because of it? 

Isnt the pool system should be closed circuit? 

All the pools I have had are a totally separate system. Manually filling the pool with water.  

2 hours ago, Olmate said:

Can you turn the main water off to the pool? Leave everything else as normal..Then monitor water level in the pool,if it drops more than usual evaporation ,not sure how much that would be tho, would suggest a leak in pool system?

Not sure there is water actually connected to the pool, never in  my experience with pools. 

In the current climate you could expect 4-8cm drop in water every day... back In Australia I would have to top up my pool a few times per week in the summer.

2 hours ago, Doronazl said:

So technician is here, they turned off the pool water pump and the main pump seem to have stopped for now

This means the leak is from that end then?

Right now the only indication i have for a leak is if i hear the pump yes? 

I am pretty sure they are NOT connected in any way. All the pools I have had you have to fill / top up manually. 

The house pump may have 'air' in the system and may need bleeding out.... 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Doronazl said:

May i ask if u know an estimation of how much bills should sum up to? 

I work from home so aircons running pretty much non stop, i just came in from a condo in bkk, cost me about 2-3k a month for bills. 

Obviously would be higher cause of the pool but about how much 

My pool villa is 15k/month for power.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Bruce Aussie Chiang Mai said:

Pool pump and house pump shouldnt6be connected in anyway.

If house pump running would be nothing to do with pool.

Pool pump should be on a timer or manual switch easy to control.

Be small leak in blue pipe somewhere look about  for leaks. 

Crazy setups actually exist in LOS.

Example.

Pool surge tank gets topped up via a ballcock which is supplied from the house water pump. The surge tank level will drop when pool pump starts and begin topping up via the ballcock. If the pool is losing lots of water the top up period will be significant. The house pump will likely short cycle as the ballcock closes.

• Thanks 1