'He's a total disgrace': Trump defends firing U.S. intel watchdog

rooster59

4 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

he was asked the question at the briefing.  perhaps the question being asked at all during that particular briefing could be considered inappropriate.

but it was asked.  if trump didn't answer, he'd be attacked for not answering.

This...100%

Liberal trump haters have turned into a laughing stock.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:
1 hour ago, atyclb said:

i don't have any great love for trump but i have even less love for those that package a dynamic situation as if it were static for political purposes.

hindsight is 20/20

He could have known if he looked at the dynamics happening in other countries but completely ignored it. So utterly stupid.

thank you for validating what i wrote "hindsight is 20/20"

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, natway09 said:

Please no 2nd term for this meglomaniac. I wonder just how long he spends in front of the mirror everyday

if im guessing correctly I would imagine he's thinking of which traitor to fire.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

i'm thoroughly disgusted with the press.

really tired of folks like accosta playing gotcha! at white house briefings.  i'm convinced the purpose of the question was to provoke trump (not the greatest diplomatic speaker) into saying something that could be taken out of context and fact-checked by the talking heads back in the studio in real time.

Wait till you hear Jake Tappers rant, about 10 minutes ago....OMG that guy makes me puke.

Please mr president what is your plan...tell us you have a plan...the American people are in 

mourning..they want a plan.

What a disgusting human being!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:
21 minutes ago, atyclb said:

thank you for validating what i wrote "hindsight is 20/20"

Learn to read, I validated nothing.

More stupidity of Trump:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/to-your-health/wp/2018/05/10/top-white-house-official-in-charge-of-pandemic-response-exits-abruptly/?fbclid=IwAR2hXdXtk_Xc4i6LrjFDUP1QoOE7hfeKU6xnOUC_YAHKXh4-DnJSHQGgNxI

hmmm washinton post article

now if you'd shown me a link to cnn i'd really take it as gospel

trying to better understand the guy that left let me say i salute him for service in a 3 decade military career

but

i cannot see any studies/degrees in health fields eg; epidemiology, public health, etc etc.  perhaps he wasn't the best asset for such a position

"Ziemer completed a 30 year career in the U.S. Navy as a naval aviator and commanded several squadrons, air wings and naval stations. He also commanded the Mid-Atlantic Region which is responsible for supporting the world’s largest fleet concentration which includes 110 ships, 275 aircraft and over 105,000 personnel.  During his service, he served as Deputy Director for Operations on the Joint Staff and was responsible for planning and response for crisis operations at the National Military Command Center. 

Admiral Ziemer was born in Sioux City, Iowa, and raised in Asia, the son of missionary parents serving in Vietnam. After college, he joined the Navy, completed flight school, and returned to Vietnam during the war where he flew 550 combat sorties in support of the Navy Seals and riverine forces.

Ziemer holds a degree in History from Wheaton College in Illinois, an honorary Doctor of Humanities from Georgetown University,  and served as a Senior Fellow at the Naval War College National Security Strategic Studies Group."

https://www.usaid.gov/who-we-are/organization/tim-ziemer

Edited by atyclb
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Crazy Alex said:

"Probably"? What does that mean?

So you're saying the travel restrictions weren't enough? Based on what, other than hindsight? Here's what Dr. Fauci said ten days before the travel restrictions

“This is not a major threat for the people in United States, and this is not something the citizens of the United States right now should be worried about” - Dr. Fauci to

, Jan 21, 2020

So what happened between January 21 and 31 that indicates the travel restrictions weren't soon enough or enough at all? We certainly can't go by what your pal Joe Biden said. Here is what he said the day after Trump instituted the travel restrictions:

"We are in the midst of a crisis with the coronavirus. We need to lead the way with science — not Donald Trump’s record of hysteria, xenophobia, and fear-mongering. He is the worst possible person to lead our country through a global health emergency."

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/mar/27/donald-trump/fact-checking-whether-biden-called-trump-xenophobi/

Now.. do you have some facts to make your case? Yes or no?

Trump’s incompetency and lack of a better restriction policies like quarantine and testing of in-coming travelers from China and even Wuhan is likely the reason why US has the largest number of infection and deaths. He failed to protect his own people. 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Crazy Alex said:

Look up "per capita". Hint: I bet we have more infections that Bhutan as well.

I did it for you

image.png.5edc5b7b14ec7426a3e4bad8e0af6b8b.png

image.png.2c1b4944a850f595b174665af832307e.png

But this is the more interesting stat.

image.png.a362af10662b9a34d1df322efc0daa94.png

Edited by Susco
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

Good news in a dark time.????

Why did it take so long to remove him? When his cabinet members know their jobs are never secure, they work harder to keep them. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Logosone said:

On 31 December Wuhan CDC admitted that there was a cluster of unknown pneumonia cases related to Huanan Seafood Market after the unverified documents appeared on the Internet, but it was not yet clear that this was a coronavirus to anyone but a handful of people in China. China immediately reported these to the WHO but it was not clear what it was. At that stage it could still have been mere pneumonia cases.

Only on 11 January did a Shanghai lab publish the genome of the new virus, when it was clear beyond doubt that it was a coronavirus. Remember that was the date the first death happened from coronavirus, 11 January.

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/society/article/3052966/chinese-laboratory-first-shared-coronavirus-genome-world-ordered

The first case in the US was on 21 January.

On January 30th the WHO declared a health emergency. One day later Trump stopped flights from China.

With the exception of Italy this was perhaps the earliest response of any western government outside China.

Germany stopped flights from China on March 16th. That is one month and half later than Trump.

So whilst, yes, in hindsight the Chinese acted swiftly and gave the West a window of opportunity, this was squandered and ideally Trump should have reacted earlier, but even the WHO did not react until 30th January and no other western nation acted much earlier than the US.

You should update your data. Germany started cancelling flights on January 29, Australia on Feb 1, France Feb 4, etc... Trump was not late for the ban, but not particularly early either. Most countries implemented travel restrictions at latest the first week of  February.

https://www.thinkglobalhealth.org/article/travel-restrictions-china-due-covid-19

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

I am certain Bhutan health care system is not struggling with 5 infections. Not the richest country in the world still struggling with inadequate PPE and ventilators because Trump’s mismanagement. 

Huh? Bhutan's shortage of medical supplies is TRUMP'S FAULT???? <deleted>???

1 hour ago, candide said:

So what? ????

Did Biden ever mention the China travel ban, contrary to what Trump's propaganda is clsiming? 

When someone evokes a record, does it usually concern what the person in question just did?

"not Donald Trump’s record of hysteria, xenophobia, and fear-mongering"

So he said it the day after the travel ban. Did he accuse Trump of being racist only at this particular occasion, or is it a recurrent accusation?

Trump lies by claiming the Dems were against the China travel ban. Actually, there is no quote of Dems being against the China travel ban. It's all about Trump trying to rewrite history, in order to exonerate himself. Pathetic....

You know what? You're right. The chances of Biden being lucid enough to even realize he was making his comments the day after Trump announced travel restrictions from China are slim to none. In fact, the chances of Biden being lucid enough to even know he was doing anything but making a generic, ad hominem attack on Trump are also slim to none.

My bad. Carry on.

• Like 1