'He's a total disgrace': Trump defends firing U.S. intel watchdog

rooster59

1 hour ago, candide said:

You should update your data. Germany started cancelling flights on January 29, Australia on Feb 1, France Feb 4, etc... Trump was not late for the ban, but not particularly early either. Most countries implemented travel restrictions at latest the first week of  February.

https://www.thinkglobalhealth.org/article/travel-restrictions-china-due-covid-19

You appear to be conflating Lufthansa cancelling flights, which started happening on January 29, with the German government implementing travel restrictions. Your link makes no mention of when Germany started restricting travel.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Tug said:

Ahhh nooo trumps killing us with his inept leadership (btw that’s saying it nicely) 

Would you say it was a mistake for Trump to tell everyone to go on about their normal lives as late as March 13?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ChouDoufu said:

he was asked the question at the briefing.  perhaps the question being asked at all during that particular briefing could be considered inappropriate.

but it was asked.  if trump didn't answer, he'd be attacked for not answering.

just checked several news reports on this, most don't mention he was asked the question, inferring that he just brought it up for no reason.  so far only thehill.com writes this was in response to a reporter's question.

Totally agree! You hit it! I'm like what kind of question was that ! Who runs these news organizations !

How are they gonna respond when Durham enters the picture!

The deadly virus has consumed all of  us ,world wide and this nitwit news organization comes up with that question

Edited by riclag
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, Crazy Alex said:

You know what? You're right. The chances of Biden being lucid enough to even realize he was making his comments the day after Trump announced travel restrictions from China are slim to none. In fact, the chances of Biden being lucid enough to even know he was doing anything but making a generic, ad hominem attack on Trump are also slim to none.

My bad. Carry on.

Deflection....

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

That was not truth to power...that was a rogue attempt at a coup.

Briskly dispatched by Senate..

Extremely prescient too....can you imagine some sham impeachment hearings

taking place during wuhan virus time? Mitch saved the country from a lot of 

trouble.

Would be great to stop parroting trump nonsense. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

He's a total disgrace!  Many say this about Trump and believe he too should be removed from office.

Wet dream.  Not going to happen.

Hopefully those who support a fair and just society will heavily outweigh those who support the trump regime come 11/20. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We all know who’s the disgrace here and it’s not the guy who followed the law and went through proper channels I think it’s the guy trying to sell out our elections to foreigners ehhh?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Susco said:
11 hours ago, Crazy Alex said:

Look up "per capita". Hint: I bet we have more infections that Bhutan as well.

I did it for you

image.png.5edc5b7b14ec7426a3e4bad8e0af6b8b.png

image.png.2c1b4944a850f595b174665af832307e.png

But this is the more interesting stat.

image.png.a362af10662b9a34d1df322efc0daa94.png

nice that you found the chart but you did not address bhutan which was in the equation

please help me to understand your statement "But this is the more interesting stat." as it relates to bhutan/ original question posed

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2020 at 9:16 PM, atyclb said:

hmmm washinton post article

now if you'd shown me a link to cnn i'd really take it as gospel

trying to better understand the guy that left let me say i salute him for service in a 3 decade military career

but

i cannot see any studies/degrees in health fields eg; epidemiology, public health, etc etc.  perhaps he wasn't the best asset for such a position

"Ziemer completed a 30 year career in the U.S. Navy as a naval aviator and commanded several squadrons, air wings and naval stations. He also commanded the Mid-Atlantic Region which is responsible for supporting the world’s largest fleet concentration which includes 110 ships, 275 aircraft and over 105,000 personnel.  During his service, he served as Deputy Director for Operations on the Joint Staff and was responsible for planning and response for crisis operations at the National Military Command Center. 

Admiral Ziemer was born in Sioux City, Iowa, and raised in Asia, the son of missionary parents serving in Vietnam. After college, he joined the Navy, completed flight school, and returned to Vietnam during the war where he flew 550 combat sorties in support of the Navy Seals and riverine forces.

Ziemer holds a degree in History from Wheaton College in Illinois, an honorary Doctor of Humanities from Georgetown University,  and served as a Senior Fellow at the Naval War College National Security Strategic Studies Group."

https://www.usaid.gov/who-we-are/organization/tim-ziemer

Trump is doing great, USA has about 5% of the world population and 25% of the infected people.