Thai army orders probe into General who allegedly let 152 Thais from US go home

rooster59

22 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

Thai army orders probe into General

Am i reading it right? they want use a probe into the general? what size and how thick said prob is going to be i wonder?...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

Am i reading it right? they want use a probe into the general? what size and how thick said prob is going to be i wonder?...

Hopefully very long and at least as thick as the good General.

Hopefully.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Denim said:

And this is why there are long queues at immigration and anything connected to the civil service.

Every civil servant of whatever grade is nothing but a jobsworth since they are scared stiff of making any executive decisions for fear of being held responsible and punished. If they are unsure on something they seldom give the benefit of the doubt but pass the decision up the chain of command from whence it often descends again in the negative.

It is why all their strategies are often confusing and contradictory.

Avoid making a hard decision with a clear set of rules in case it blows up in their face later on.

Instead make everything confusing and complicated so that the old cure all excuse can save their face.

' It's all a misunderstanding '

Caused by a fundamental deficit of understanding.

Unnerstan?

51 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Yes he needs to be probed,what with is the big question,

seems he lost his bottle when been confronted by so many

people.needs to be given the white feather.

regards Worgeordie

Its the same, and just think about this; Does anybody based upon past history need submarines or any defensive armament, well why or why not?, Well because they would possibly just surrender and give up, and let those invading go on there merry way, just like these folks....it could be anywhere really.  My apologies if this statement is misconstrued.  As i said it could be anywhere in the world.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Denim said:

And this is why there are long queues at immigration and anything connected to the civil service.

Every civil servant of whatever grade is nothing but a jobsworth since they are scared stiff of making any executive decisions for fear of being held responsible and punished. If they are unsure on something they seldom give the benefit of the doubt but pass the decision up the chain of command from whence it often descends again in the negative.

It is why all their strategies are often confusing and contradictory.

Avoid making a hard decision with a clear set of rules in case it blows up in their face later on.

Instead make everything confusing and complicated so that the old cure all excuse can save their face.

Totally agree. Penalised for using initiative. Problem is, I doubt those Thai's had any intention of self-isolation.

47 minutes ago, Yadon Toploy said:

Every day, just a little bit more pathetic and laughable. 

Hey man,  I  live in a Shyute village in the middle of nowhere.  If it wasn't for the ridiculous...often ludicrous to an extreme diatribe emanating from the direction of government house I would have a very empty life.  In the old Readers Digest they had a section called "Laughter is the Best Medicine".  I no longer subscribe but it is true.  Laughter is the best medicine for me.   So,  do I  need to send a thank you note to Prayut??? 

Edited by Grumpy John
Auto edit didn't like the word S h 1 t
  • Haha 1

He probably did it deliberately in the not so far fetched hope of being delegated to an inactive post... so he has more time for his daily morning golf rounds, mia nois, and tending to his various lucrative side business that each for itself outshine his meager general's salary several times over.

We all know how it works, although for us, the mere mortals that we are, there is no such thing as an inactive post with full pay. We are just being fired when we blunder, pure and simple.  

• Like 2

all this does is show the total inability of the so called generals and that experience/leadership is not part of the reason for promotion, for one of them to allow these people to over ride his authority shows he should never have been inn leadership, probably similar to many others in the ranks. One would hope this idiot is dragged over the coals and severely reprimanded as well as demoted, never to achieve a higher rank again but being Thailand he will get away with it so he doesnt lose face

• Like 1