Thai army orders probe into General who allegedly let 152 Thais from US go home

rooster59

3 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

anal probe i hope!!

Well there must be a veritable plethora of strap on's and <deleted>'s available now all the working girls have returned home,i am sure an appeal would garner many,i think personally the black 10 incher should do the job - DISCLAIMER- i have only ever seen these for sale on Sukhmvit rb,Bangkok ,i have no personal experience of them.

12 minutes ago, seajae said:

all this does is show the total inability of the so called generals and that experience/leadership is not part of the reason for promotion, for one of them to allow these people to over ride his authority shows he should never have been inn leadership, probably similar to many others in the ranks. One would hope this idiot is dragged over the coals and severely reprimanded as well as demoted, never to achieve a higher rank again but being Thailand he will get away with it so he doesnt lose face

Yea,imagine them in a war,-white flag goes up at 12 ' can we stop fighting ,we need to eat,then have a snooze,would 3pm suit you to restart' no wonder they have won one battle in their whole history.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rooster59 said:

fact-finding committee

Hold on. Where can I get one of these. I want one to research the effectineness of masks cause every countrys experts have different opinions. 

As for the generals choice. Many western countries did the same, when their citizens returned home from Thailand. Here in Denmark we could just walk out in the public and not even a note or anything that we were adviced to self quarantine for 14 days. We grabbed a taxi and went home for 14 days self quarantine though. 

Many countries messed up on quarantines, so can't see why this guy should be hung out to dry. 

Hopefully this outbreak will teach us how to react when first wave is over and it return in the fall/winter if it acts like normal flu season. 

22 minutes ago, trainman34014 said:

A Thai Man i know who retired not long ago from 40 years of service in the RTAF told me recently that the Thai Military is basically 'Unfit for Purpose'; especially at General level !

you mean like rtaf pilots that pull back on the yolk while flying inverted at near ground level?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Thai army orders probe into General who allegedly let 152 Thais from US go home

I wonder how he would have reacted to 152 foreigners refusing to go into quarantine ???

50 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

I wonder how he would have reacted to 152 foreigners refusing to go into quarantine ???

I wonder what, if any, quarantine will happen to the VIP that (according to rumors on Thai social media) is apparently arriving from Germany in a few days. Also apparently, the death toll there is getting uncomfortably high for this VIP.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What do you expect from a military where there are 500 non-generals per general? Is there a higher density of generals to non-generals anywhere else in the world? It makes the very title of general pretty laughable. ????

• Like 1

Who is the Boss of "Quarantine" ,,,,,Health Minister ?

...   Police ?

....  Immigration?

..... Customs ?

In Australia they along with Dept of Fisheries have more power than a policeman

but obviousky here it is an afterthought

9 hours ago, Denim said:

And this is why there are long queues at immigration and anything connected to the civil service.

Every civil servant of whatever grade is nothing but a jobsworth since they are scared stiff of making any executive decisions for fear of being held responsible and punished. If they are unsure on something they seldom give the benefit of the doubt but pass the decision up the chain of command from whence it often descends again in the negative.

It is why all their strategies are often confusing and contradictory.

Avoid making a hard decision with a clear set of rules in case it blows up in their face later on.

Instead make everything confusing and complicated so that the old cure all excuse can save their face.

' It's all a misunderstanding '

Sounds like today's British civil service.

Don't see anyone on here bashing the people on that flight.  It was reported yesterday that they p'd; and, moaned so much that they were finally allowed to leave. I am sure there were calls made to family who knew someone, who knew someone else, who outranked that general. That name will never be revealed.  A 2 star fall guy being forced to take one for the team.

9 hours ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

Incompetence, stupidity, orders ignored, an embarrassment created. Sounds like a perfectly normal day here to me.

Maybe he thought he was stopping a riot, where you there to know the feel of the situation. Just maybe he used his knowledge of the situation to make a decision that averted a bad situation.

Edited by moe666

2 hours ago, moe666 said:

Maybe he thought he was stopping a riot, where you there to know the feel of the situation. Just maybe he used his knowledge of the situation to make a decision that averted a bad situation.

The only bad decision is the one made that could now lead to a bad situation, irrespective of who they are, know, do you know who I am etc. not quarantining  these people was a stupid useless call. 

• Like 1

I'm from Berkeley and I've seen a lot of standoffs between police and large groups. Often a point comes when the group makes it clear that they are willing to have their own blood shed, that they will step it up a notch where real harm will occur, they are that angry, and they mean it. I can see the "general" not willing to take that step, since they have everyone's IDs from the manifests, and can track them down later one by one. To manhandle all of them so no one got hurt he would need hundreds of soldiers, and hope to hell no one made a mistake, so impossible.

On 4/5/2020 at 8:50 AM, ThreeEyedRaven said:

Incompetence, stupidity, orders ignored, an embarrassment created. Sounds like a perfectly normal day here to me.

why people stopped talking about "negative impact on Tourism" and bad for the image of Thailand ??

I will repeat that had the situation got physical, a riot if you will, and people got hurt, it would be first line news around the world, it would affect subsequent tourism here, and could even endanger the present quasi-military regime. This is a portent of things to come around the world, so it is more significant than this one incident. Governments do not want social order to break down. India for example is notorious for these sorts of things, and I've seen reports to indicate it is already starting there.