Senior army officers to oversee passenger screening at Bangkok airports

rooster59

Senior army officers to oversee passenger screening at Bangkok airports

2-1.jpg

The Thai military has appointed two senior officers to be in charge of the screening of arriving passengers at the Suvarnabhumi and Don Mueang international airports, to avoid a repeat of the incident at Suvarnabhumi international airport yesterday evening, when a group of arriving Thai passengers refused to be quarantined and were allowed to go home.

General Paripat Palasin, deputy chief-of-staff of the armed forces, is to take charge of the screening and explaining all the requirements they have to follow.

Another deputy chief-of-staff, General Supote Malaniyom, is to be responsible for solving problems at the two airports, including dealing with passengers who refuse to comply with any of the required measures.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/senior-army-officers-to-oversee-passenger-screening-at-bangkok-airports/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2020-04-05
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, BigBadGeordie said:

But, but, but it was a Major General who was in charge before and we all know how well that went!

Maybe one of the passengers had a relative who was higher than the Major General.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

a group of bumbling idiots doctors from the health ministry has let all disembark and go home...

following incorrect information from the ships captain, but all passengers should have been checked and tested and quarantined. This has ruined the cruise industry I feel.

Ever seen the stats on gastro going through (no pun intended) a liner? Makes an outbreak in a care facility look easy.

3 hours ago, Toany said:

It takes a general to do a simple job

yes, because only they can handle passengers who know something important (but lower than a general).

Actually letting the PM do this job would be even more effective

Wait, I thought the airports were now closed for a few days and no flights in or out were being allowed.  Maybe it was just a ruse to get us to let our guards down and relax until the tourists were coming back......sorry I almost started to believe my inside words that have spewed forth onto the page here.  A takeover of the airports, I think not.

I bet almost none of the Generals has ever been in a hostile situation where they are getting fired at !  A few have served up North on the border but as for the rest ?????  Just in it for the money and the ego trip.

It's sad state of affairs when you need senior army generals performing duties junior immigration officers were supposed to be able to handle. Given how Friday night went, I hope this time they have the ninja brigade Big Oud shows behind him each time he has press conference. In camouflage kit with a very big guns. If anyone argues quarantine, point a few into his or her head. Probably more effective than any negotiations with thickheaded selfish <---> fleeing back to their mamas.

• Like 1