U.S. coronavirus supply spree sparks outrage among allies

rooster59

1 hour ago, JimmyTheMook said:

Money Talks and Bratwurst walks.....

Oh remember vision of the pallets of money shipped after the Invasion in Iraq and Afghanistan, nothing new using money to attempt to achieve ends.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

"Money is irrelevant. They pay any price because they are desperate," one high-level official in German Chancellor Angela Merkel's ruling CDU/CSU group told Reuters. A German government source said: "Americans are on the move, carrying a lot of money."

Trying to buy 3M masks that the Germans absconded from 3M's suppliers in China? Secretly switched between ships on the high tarmacs in the Wild Wild East city of Bangkok? 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, kevin612 said:

USA has a lot of debts but still have tons of money power to purchase medical supplies over the other countries. USA is still the strongest nation. However, since trump takes over the office, the reputation goes down.

think it is called quantative easing, they invested in more than government bonds. Essentially adding to the ever increasing debt burden for all 

I am not sure the debt is backed by much anymore.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tug said:

Trump = chaos = mismanagement = new enemies making us and the world less safe every day

Yes, I believe Trumps ego and his election fears are pushing these predatory actions, for he's been criticized over lack of supplies (though not his fault imo). I'm concerned over this oil war as well as the virus one. Destruction of Saudi oil infrastructure could solve problems for many players though I have no doubt that America would retaliate which could get quickly out of hand. It all depends how hard countries are backed into a corner, I'm sure Russia is brainstorming a solution to their loss of earning power..  

40 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

think it is called quantative easing, they invested in more than government bonds. Essentially adding to the ever increasing debt burden for all 

I am not sure the debt is backed by much anymore.

The dollar is so strong that the US could pay negative interest rates on its t-notes.

59 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

What has yet to be revealed is who are these Americans with all the cash.

Are they Federal/State buyers or are they private businesses which are then selling on the the Federal/State agencies?

The US had months of forewarning but failed to act early to procure or order the production of supplies.

Somebody is making a fortune, follow the money!

Always! Follow the money :thumbsup:

15 minutes ago, rudi49jr said:

Such a lame argument. The USA wouldn’t be an independent country now if France hadn’t helped them. I don’t see a lot of gratitude from the USA for that, not for a very long time.

They remodelled Caen and a lot of French towns during ww2

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, phantomfiddler said:

Buying medical supplies from the country that gave you the disease in the first place, something fishy here, Holmes ????

Maybe they took the tough medicine and draconian measures and reaping the benefits with manufacturing throttling back to life while others are slow to respond and industries severely impacted; say Sherlock.