U.S. coronavirus supply spree sparks outrage among allies

rooster59

1 hour ago, rudi49jr said:
2 hours ago, marko kok prong said:

Some of the countries complaining would do well to remember that they would be living a totally different way of life,if the USA had not stepped in in the last world war.

Such a lame argument. The USA wouldn’t be an independent country now if France hadn’t helped them. I don’t see a lot of gratitude from the USA for that, not for a very long time.

Both are true and highly relevant. Always have been. History has tied us all together.

Why do you make one argument and dis its equal?

Edited by rabas
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

47 minutes ago, Basil B said:

3M is a multi-international company, technically not a American company as it chooses to pay it's taxes elsewhere. ????

The 3M Company is an American multinational conglomerate corporation operating in the fields of industry, worker safety, US health care, and consumer goods. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3M

America kindly allows 3M to pay some taxes elsewhere for the company's benefit. IOW American tax payers are helping 3M. Thus 3M has both moral and business obligation to Americans and its workers.

Edited by rabas
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

"Money is irrelevant. They pay any price because they are desperate," one high-level official in German Chancellor Angela Merkel's ruling CDU/CSU group told Reuters.

A German government source said: "Americans are on the move, carrying a lot of money."

Wild West tactics are OK for some. Let's ignore this. It never happened. China, Thailand, other 3rd world countries, you all are bad!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rabas said:

Do you have evidence the masks were bought directly from the 3M company (i.e., an official order) or the Germans bought them from one of 3M's Chinese subsidiary suppliers. Makes a big difference. Chinese are famous for back door business.

Chinese are famous for back door business - Now who knocks on China's backdoor? Aren't they the morons who should be blamed and kicked out?

1 hour ago, heybruce said:

Well it could be that China has an extremely authoritarian government and no free press, so the information coming out of China does not reflect reality.

But why consider reality when one can start a good conspiracy theory as a diversion?

Question to the original poster ... Are you saying no C-19 in Beijing ?  You may want to check on that ... and you may also like to check on the measures that was taken here to limit a huge spike in infections.  Just saying .. ????

• Like 1

8 hours ago, samran said:

Indeed. Canada should close its borders so the couple of hundred nurses who travel from Windsor to Detroit each day take care of their own rather than the Americans. 

Canada can also stop supplying the pulp mill (the only one I read) which supplies these 3M masks for the Us market. 

And they should switch off the electricity which supplies the NE states as well.

America first indeed. Taking whatever...

May I suggest you read up on "taking" versus BUYING? And what, you think Canada will want to quit making money off the US? Why? Because we're willing to pay more to get what we need? Seriously, think through that logic you seem to be operating on.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

28 minutes ago, Puchaiyank said:

Nothing to see here.  Abnormal forces at work in the supply and demand dynamics.  

Products will go to the highest bidder until this virus runs its course and a sense of normalcy is reestablished...

Thanks for refocusing the argument where it should be- the market place. I read the entire article. I found no outrage the headline promised. What I DID find was an article on how business goes.

Perhaps some of these people angry at Trump should start their own businesses and promise their investors they'll lose money by not getting top dollar for their product. I'd love to see how that goes for them.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1