U.S. coronavirus supply spree sparks outrage among allies

rooster59

8 minutes ago, samran said:

Nothing to do with money.

Your dear leader used legislation to block the re-export. 

So much for that theory then. I’ll wait for the next attempt at spin...

What spin is needed? I simply responded to your suggestion that Canada should stop selling stuff to the US. I respect your right to dodge the issue you brought up yourself. Carry on.

PS: Of course it's about money. Why else do you think your suggestion will far upon deaf ears?

Edited by Crazy Alex

6 minutes ago, samran said:

Five years? 

Your man has been in charge for most of that time. Or are you numerically challenged?

But sure, it’s Obama’s fault...

What do you mean by "it's Obama's fault"? I simply assert we assign credit and blame where it is due based on the specifics. And not replenishing medical supplies is entirely relevant to any honest person seeking honest debate.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Crazy Alex said:

What spin is needed? I simply responded to your suggestion that Canada should stop selling stuff to the US. I respect your right to dodge the issue you brought up yourself. Carry on.

PS: Of course it's about money. Why else do you think your suggestion will far upon deaf ears?

Deaf ears?

Try and keep up...

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/04/03/3m-warns-of-white-house-order-to-stop-exporting-masks-to-canada-163060

1 minute ago, samran said:

"Trudeau warns...." Wow, that has me shaking in my boots. LOL

PS: it's always about money. This is no exception. The sooner you learn this valuable lesson, the more you will be able to think things through.

Edited by Crazy Alex
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Crazy Alex said:

"Trudeau warns...." Wow, that has me shaking in my boots. LOL

PS: it's always about money. This is no exception. The sooner you learn this valuable lesson, the more you will be able to think things through.

...at the expense of lives.

Don't worry, no need to teach me Donald 101.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, samran said:

Five years? 

Your man has been in charge for most of that time. Or are you numerically challenged?

But sure, it’s Obama’s fault...

You do realize SARS-1 was in 2003, and for all the hoot and holler, one of the few advancements since then was to figure out how and why chloroquine can be effective against these coronaviruses.

Before people blame Trump for a lack of clinical trials, SARS was stopped in its tracks and there were no patients to run a trial. Chloroquine research was done in vitro and theoretically.

Edited by rabas
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Inn Between said:

Here's a key quote from that article:

On Thursday, the Trump administration invoked the Defense Production Act to demand more N95 respirators from 3M, and the White House has cited concerns that not enough of 3M’s global production is coming back to the U.S. In a tweet Thursday evening, U.S. President Donald Trump said the White House “hit 3M hard today after seeing what they were doing with their Masks” and said the company “will have a big price to pay!”

And here I am foolishly thinking that that in "The Land of the Free", a company is protected by laws and the constitution to conduct business freely and legally, exporting to any country not being sanctioned. But as usual, Trump has no regard for the constitution where it doesn't serve his needs, and he publicly threatens 3M with "a big price to pay", obviously indicating that they will not be treated in a fair and lawful way unless they do exactly what Trump says.  

Defense Production Act

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defense_Production_Act_of_1950

• Thanks 1

A US $100 bill is only as good as what it buys,

After this is all done & dusted we will find the Almighty $ may not have the value it used too.

Trump the man who can take 2 mil US & turn it into1 mil US knows all about that but refuses to learn 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Tug said:

Trump = chaos = mismanagement = new enemies making us and the world less safe every day

hes not helping, but its the chinese who started this and they have made the world less safe and bringing out the selfish behaviour we see everywhere around the globe...in supermarkets all the way up to govt level

the world has a new a enemy china and we will be happy to have america on our side!!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, samran said:

...at the expense of lives.

Don't worry, no need to teach me Donald 101.

Yes, lives are always sacrificed. This is news to you? Do you know how many lives the US sacrifices each year to traffic accidents, flu season, medical mistakes? The list goes on and on- and it's not jut in the US.

So you're against sacrificing lives. I strongly suggest you scratch at least a millimeter below the surface and understand ridiculous your logic is. Oh, it sounds warm and fuzzy. I'll grant you that. But at some point, you need to face REALITY.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, JackThompson said:

The move by Trump to stop the export of masks from the USA, came after the state of Florida had it's 3M orders delayed, due to foreign-buyers showing up and Paying In Cash to take 3M mask shipments which had been allocated to Florida's orders.

Fox News......

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, heybruce said:

But, but, but....Obama!

When all else fails, blame the predecessor.  Trump has been "in charge", as much as a clueless person with no desire to learn can be in charge, for over three years.  The lack of preparedness is on him.

South Korea and the US had their first confirmed virus cases at the same time.  Compare South Korea's reaction to ours.

Please provide sources for your claim that Democrats downplayed the virus danger so we can compare what they said to what Trump was saying about the virus at that time.

I'm observing the infection rates in the Republican governed Florida.  It doesn't look good.  Governor DeSantis, a Trump sycophant, refused to close beaches during spring break.  Watch for virus outbreaks everywhere there are universities in the US.

George W. Bush in 2005: 'If we wait for a pandemic to appear, it will be too late to prepare'

"You've got to read this," Fran Townsend remembers the president telling her. "He said, 'Look, this happens every 100 years. We need a national strategy.'"

• Like 2

thank you investors in US treasuries,
the USA can print more great Chinese dollars to improve its trade balance.
The true nature of the slogan "America First" in practice.

Protectionism at its worst, and the new standard of "soon to be great again"
stab a back or two, be it investors or friendly nations: Great !

• Like 1

7 hours ago, candide said:
14 hours ago, JackThompson said:

The move by Trump to stop the export of masks from the USA, came after the state of Florida had it's 3M orders delayed, due to foreign-buyers showing up and Paying In Cash to take 3M mask shipments which had been allocated to Florida's orders.

Fox News......

I am referring to an Interview with the Florida Official in charge of buying medical-supplies - not some "opinion piece" made-up by a talking-head.

Given most media-companies are transnational-corporate congomerates, it is ikely, they have the same people on their corporate-boards and/or primary investors as "international" 3M.  Maybe that has something to do with not choosing to cover this story?  Investors protecting their investments would not be a surprise.

3 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The essential lesson to learn here is the US is nobody’s ally.

’Special Relationship’, ‘level playing fields’, ‘mutual interests’, ‘international cooperation’.

All of it thrown to the wind.

No.  The ESSENTIAL thing to learn, is Transnational Corporations are "nobody's ally."  A nation-state's government should endeavor to get it's own citizens the best care, in this situation.  Anything less is treason.

2 hours ago, KKr said:

thank you investors in US treasuries,
the USA can print more great Chinese dollars to improve its trade balance.
The true nature of the slogan "America First" in practice.

Protectionism at its worst, and the new standard of "soon to be great again"
stab a back or two, be it investors or friendly nations: Great !

No one forced China to buy US Treasures.  Bummer for them, if we have to deduct the costs of their LIES about this virus from interest-payments, or similar.

It was treason to EVER let OUR manufacturing and supply-chains, which We Built From Scratch, to be shifted to China, in the first place - most especially critical supplies, like tech for the military , and medical supplies/drugs. 

• Like 2