U.S. coronavirus supply spree sparks outrage among allies

rooster59

5 hours ago, JackThompson said:
8 hours ago, KKr said:

thank you investors in US treasuries,
the USA can print more great Chinese dollars to improve its trade balance.
The true nature of the slogan "America First" in practice.

Protectionism at its worst, and the new standard of "soon to be great again"
stab a back or two, be it investors or friendly nations: Great !

No one forced China to buy US Treasures.  Bummer for them, if we have to deduct the costs of their LIES about this virus from interest-payments, or similar.

It was treason to EVER let OUR manufacturing and supply-chains, which We Built From Scratch, to be shifted to China, in the first place - most especially critical supplies, like tech for the military , and medical supplies/drugs. 

WHATEVER ... ... we will not agree on anything as indoctrination, non factual opinions and dogma have infected you. 
However, I suggest you block me as I will block you right now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KKr said:

WHATEVER ... ... we will not agree on anything as indoctrination, non factual opinions and dogma have infected you. 
However, I suggest you block me as I will block you right now.

Not surprised.  Harder than ever, right now, to make a convincing case for why moving manufacturing to China was a good idea.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, JackThompson said:

Not surprised.  Harder than ever, right now, to make a convincing case for why moving manufacturing to China was a good idea.

How's this argument:  It's how free market capitalism works.  The government does not tell manufacturers how to do their job, and manufacturers contract out to the lowest cost producers, who are scattered all around the world.

Of course there is a word for a system of government with an more aggressive, hand-on management of production--communism.

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, mfd101 said:

Yes, how to make friends and influence people.

The US will come out of the coroner's office &, one day, out of the Trump incompetence a greatly weakened country, with few reliable alliances left, its rivals somewhat strengthened if only in comparative terms. and little or no 'soft power' left. And all its own doing.

This from today's 'Australian' newspaper: "Leadership and inspiration in this crisis have come from countries such as Singapore, Taiwan and South Korea. The coronavirus performance of the superpowers has been unimpressive, while smaller, more agile countries with rational politicians and effective bureaucracies have done better.

"Middle powers such as Australia have an interest in supporting international health, security and prosperity. Perhaps in the future we will see more coalitions of the competent."

Particularly good effort by Singapore and Taiwan.

• Like 1

On 4/6/2020 at 10:23 PM, JackThompson said:

I worked for a major multinational in the IT sector, outsourcing was a component of their effort to remain competitive for both hardware and software services sales and support. Without international outsourcing they would have lost market share with the obvious ramifications for staff and shareholders.

However, the above is really besides the point concerning Covid supply chain issues as it is well established the trump administration initial denials of the threat represented by Covid, despite warning from their intelligence community, together with the ignorant first response by trump requiring states to compete against each other for procurement of supplies. 

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, simple1 said:

I worked for a major multinational in the IT sector, outsourcing was a component of their effort to remain competitive for both hardware and software services sales and support. Without international outsourcing they would have lost market share with the obvious ramifications for staff and shareholders.

Of course.  Because the "rules of the game" now make outsourcing the most "efficient" (read "inexpensive") path.  The rules were changed in the 1990s to allow this.  Businesses, predictably, acted to maximize revenue, using the new rules.  We need to restore the old-rules.

7 hours ago, simple1 said:

However, the above is really besides the point concerning Covid supply chain issues as it is well established the trump administration initial denials of the threat represented by Covid, despite warning from their intelligence community, together with the ignorant first response by trump requiring states to compete against each other for procurement of supplies. 

The "intelligence community" recently denied that accusation.  I am guessing your favorite pro-globalist news-outlet did not report on this, as they never admit they lied to their audience.  "States compete against each other" completely ignores the FEMA action to get supplies to the states.  Trump did not "invent" federalism - or create the system whereby states are the first line of response to crises. 

Blame Trump for not banning MORE foreign-travel and sooner, and I am with you.  But he was bucking the entire establishment when he banned the infected Chinese coming in, so it is not as though the "other guys" were pushing a better plan.  In fact, many of those now attacking him were telling Americans to "go out and shop," during the same period people point to Trump not "warning" enough.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

Blame Trump for not banning MORE foreign-travel and sooner, and I am with you.  But he was bucking the entire establishment when he banned the infected Chinese coming in, so it is not as though the "other guys" were pushing a better plan. 

The Donald was a bit slow according to this list. As him bucking the 'establishment'. He is the President F.F.S. He literally IS the establishment. For a guy who apparently cares not a whit what others think of him, he all of a sudden does when it becomes convenient.  

https://www.thinkglobalhealth.org/article/travel-restrictions-china-due-covid-19

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JackThompson said:

The "intelligence community" recently denied that accusation

The matter is still being reported upon by many credible sources, recent example below. I see the Pentagon has denied being in receipt of the analysis. Unfortunately there are many sycophants, but one way or the other truth will out eventually as to what actually occurred. 

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/intelligence-report-warned-coronavirus-crisis-early-november-sources/story?id=70031273

Please provide your link to the denial by the intelligence community - thanks

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, simple1 said:

The matter is still being reported upon by many credible sources, recent example below. I see the Pentagon has denied being in receipt of the analysis. Unfortunately there are many sycophants, but one way or the other truth will out eventually as to what actually occurred. 

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/intelligence-report-warned-coronavirus-crisis-early-november-sources/story?id=70031273

Please provide your link to the denial by the intelligence community - thanks

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/defense-national-security/pentagon-denies-abc-news-report-that-intelligence-warned-of-cataclysmic-coronavirus-pandemic-last-november

But, I would not be surprised if they did know what was coming, to spite China's / WHO's deliberate misinformation (does not spread person-to-person). 

Given they (intel-community) appear to operate solely for the benefit of transnational-corporations, I am skeptical of their motivations.  Could also be waiting to "leak" a report just before November, so they can get the "Credit-Card Company's Senator" in the WH.

Edited by JackThompson
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, JackThompson said:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/defense-national-security/pentagon-denies-abc-news-report-that-intelligence-warned-of-cataclysmic-coronavirus-pandemic-last-november

But, I would not be surprised if they did know what was coming, to spite China's / WHO's deliberate misinformation (does not spread person-to-person). 

Given they (intel-community) appear to operate solely for the benefit of transnational-corporations, I am skeptical of their motivations.  Could also be waiting to "leak" a report just before November, so they can get the "Credit-Card Company's Senator" in the WH.

Thanks for the link.